NewGeneforce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Affiliates
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 144 on 4/12/2021, 3:11 am
Latest topics
» A Kingdom Built on the Trust of Slaves
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty6/13/2021, 8:21 pm by Genesis

» [BtTG] Rainbow Ruination
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty2/11/2021, 4:48 pm by Star Phoenix

» Myrr Saga: War of the Infernals
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty2/11/2021, 2:55 pm by Zazul

» [Fakemon] Solo Adventure: Storming Lore (Zazul/Luna RP)
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty12/10/2020, 10:41 pm by Zazul

» [My Hero Academia] Symbols of Justice
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty10/11/2020, 4:18 pm by Zazul

» Geneforce Chronicles: Psychic Warfare.
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty7/14/2020, 9:46 am by Genesis

» The Human/Demon Cultural Exchange Program
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty6/10/2020, 10:43 am by Genesis

» [My Hero Academia] Rise of the New Generation!
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty6/7/2020, 3:37 pm by Star Phoenix

» His Daughter's Tower
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty6/7/2020, 3:29 pm by Star Phoenix

» [My Hero Academia] SAVE School: My Villain Academia
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty6/2/2020, 6:49 am by Star Phoenix

» Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty5/22/2020, 10:43 am by Maxwell

» The God-Killer Chronicles
(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty3/28/2020, 9:22 pm by Star Phoenix

Statistics
We have 44 registered users
The newest registered user is Minniboe

Our users have posted a total of 15952 messages in 324 subjects
Gallery

(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty

(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass

+2
Blastion
Rocky
6 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty Re: (Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass

Post by Maxwell 10/4/2014, 10:59 pm

Arceus looked at her over his shoulder, calmly listening to her speak. "You are not strong enough as of now. In the future, however..." He answered anyways as she came to her conclusion. He then turned and rushed at her, gripping her shoulders tightly. His hands burned slightly, but not enough to do any damage to Catia. "Spoken as an Ascended should." He whispered, staring at her. He kissed her forehead and she felt the warmth flood back into her. He then stepped back and held a hand out to her, palm out. "Use the Flames of Kin wisely, Grieval."

He blasted her with a pure light and she now lay on the ground, surrounded by her friends.

((Jordan wont be able to post until monday, so Rizu is just gonna be a side side SIDE npc in the party til then.))
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

http://Pointsettia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Empty Re: (Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass

Post by ShadowFantasy 10/4/2014, 11:28 pm

Catia felt her cheeks flush a bit when Arceus kissed her forehead, Entei's blessing flooding back into her. Before she could reply however, she was blasted by the pure light in his hand. Her mind went blank as she quickly fell unconscious and lie on the ground around her friends.

(OOC: I'm going to leave her unconscious for a little while. I have to work in the morning tomorrow so I'll reply after that. Four days of work in a row followed by four days off in a row~ I WILL SURVIVE! \*^*/ )
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 10/4/2014, 11:44 pm

Decoda hurried over to the fallen Catia, checking her pulse on both her neck and her wrist.  When he found she was still alive, he carefully and slowly lifted up her body into his arms.  He picked her up and turned around to the rest of them.

"Looks like we'll have some explaining to do... and so does she," he commented as his head gestured to the Pokemon Center.  "Someone open the door for me.  We gotta get her rested up."
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 10/6/2014, 2:15 pm

Wes held open the door and let Decoda carry Catia up to the girls room. Loka stopped him for a second.

"Decoda. When ya put her down, you should leave a note sayin' where we'll be. When yer done there, come meet us at the gym." She turned away, letting Decoda carry on.

Once Decoda went inside, Loka approached Wes, a look of anger on her face. She reeled back to punch him, but stopped. Instead she pulled him into a tight hug.

"I got no idea whether to be happy yer here, pissed off that ya left me back there to die, relieved yer alive..." she punched his shoulder lightly. "You gonna be stayin' with us? Or off on yer own again..."

"Well you aren't the only one looking for Eragon, Loka." He responded. "I better get back on that. I followed his trail to Kanto, but he's very good at covering his tracks."

"Well, I did teach 'em."

"Yeah, you did." He took a step back and turned around. "Tell Catia we'll have to redo that dinner. I kinda owe her one because of today. Oh and one more thing, Loka." He handed her his P*DA number. "In case you find any leads on him." 

He walked walked off towards the restaurant to retrieve his bike, Espeon and Umbreon following him closely.
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 10/6/2014, 4:33 pm

He nodded and obeyed Loka's words, looking down at the knocked out girl in his arms before back to Loka.

"I'll make sure of that.  Don't worry about it," he said, almost in a whispering voice.  He flashed a smile for half a second before going back to an emotionless expression.

When Loka departed, he gently placed Catia on her bed, rolling her onto her side so she wouldn't choke on any backed up saliva or fluid.  He turned on the fan in the room and gently laid some of the blanket over her body so she would rest comfortably.  He didn't want to take off her jacket or shoes in case she would scold him for that.  He sat momentarily on the other bed and watched her for a couple minutes, making sure she was breathing.  He checked her pulse again on her neck and then on her wrists.  She was alive, but barely conscious.  He hoped she was at peace in this way.

"Whatever you saw, whatever you heard, and whatever you know now, Catia... I'm glad you didn't die," he murmured to her softly as he found some note paper and a pen on one of the tables to write the note.

The note read:
Catia,
Loka and I brought you here so you would be safer.  We've gone to the Vermillion City Gym - I've marked it on your map - to obtain the weapons we were promised.  If you're reading this and you're still up here alone, we're probably still there.  That guy you were with looked kinda like he felt bad about messing something up, but we all want to make sure you're okay.  Call us if you you need us.
Decoda

As he got up, he reached for her hand to get to her Pokegear.  Another minute of menus and selections and he had targeted the Vermillion Gym onto her portable map so she could easily find them.  He didn't think it would take that long to get the weapons and get out, but it couldn't hurt to be prepared.  He gently placed her hand back and stuffed an extra pillow under her head for support before leaving.

He grabbed his equipment in his and Cerise's room before vacating the Pokemon Center completely, also alerting the Nurses and staff downstairs about the broken window in the room.  He told them that it was some vandal kid that broke the window with a large rock and knocked out the sleeping girl, but told them only to clean up the the mess and not to disturb her.  Another few minutes of fake explanations and ruses and he was out the door to catch up with the others.

"I hope you wake up soon, Catia..."
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 10/7/2014, 10:58 pm

Loka lead the group to the gym, coming to a halt at the service desk inside. The man looked up at the group.

"Welcome to the Vermillion City Gym. If you wish to take the Gym Leader Challenge, please write your name on this list here." He tapped a clipboard. "Otherwise, please state who you are any why your here."

"Loka Chicole." She said, leaning on the counter. "This 'ere is Rizu, Cerise an' Decoda."

"...I see. Straight down the hall. Take the stairs to the lower level. He should he there"

"Thank ya kindly"

Loka lead the others in the direction they were pointed in. When they descended the stairs, they ended up facing several rooms. Throwing some of the windows, they could see sparring rings, shooting and archery ranges, as well as rooms full of dummies for close combat. A couple of other rooms were lined with several assortments of weapons.

"Take yer pick. I'm gonna find Surge."
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 10/7/2014, 11:29 pm

A ringing sound goes through Catia's head as she slowly opens her eyes and everything comes into focus.  The ringing fades quickly as she slowly looks around the room without sitting up.  She saw a woman cleaning up the glass from the broken window, a sheet now stretched firmly across the opening where the window used to be to serve as a barrier from the outside instead of the glass of the window panes.  When she spots Catia waking up, she smiles and gives her a quick bow.

"Hello there!  I was just cleaning up the mess.  I was told by your friend not to disturb you as you slept.  I guess that didn't happen huh?"  She explains rather timidly.

Catia smiles gently at her.  "You didn't wake me.  I simply woke up on my own."  She tells her as she slowly sits up, closing her eyes and holding her head as her vision blurred with light and she grew briefly light-headed.  She slowly opened them again as the feeling faded and she saw that she had been taken very good care of by whoever had carried her up here.  She had had a blanket on her and everything to make sure that she was comfortable!  Looking around she spots the note that Decoda had left and she reaches over to grab it.  After reading it she smiles and gives a light laugh.  "Figures that it was you you hot head."  She says to herself.

The woman in the room gives a giggle.  "Pardon my asking, but was that young man who had carried you up here your boyfriend?"  She asks curiously.

Immediately Catia breaks out into a wild shade of red.  "Wh-wha?  No no!  He's just a friend of mine!  Just...."  Her voice drifts off as she turns back and stares blankly at her bed sheets.  "Just....a friend....that's all...."  She says almost underneath her breath now.

The woman finishes cleaning up the broken glass and smiles at her a last time before turning to leave.  "Well if I might be so bold miss, I'd think about trying to make something out of him.  He was certainly concerned about you, the way he told us to be extra careful around you like that."  She tells her before leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.

Catia returns to staring at her bed sheets on the woman's last comment.  Why would Decoda be so concerned about her like that?  It's not like the two of them were especially close or anything.  They were barely even friends.  What's with him lately?

After another moment of thought, she simply shakes her head and gets up, grabbing her bag and letting Poochy out of his pokeball to sit on her head.  She smiled up at him as he wagged his tail happily and licked her face from atop her head, barking at her in happiness.  She laughed at him.  "What's gotten into you all of a sudden Poochy?  Happy to see me or what?"  She asks the little puppy pokemon.  Poochy simply responds by giving her face more licks and wagging his tail more, making it clear that that's what it was.  Giggling at his antics, Catia gently secures him on top of her head and heads outside of the pokemon center.  Moving her wrist to get a good look at the location Decoda had so conveniently marked on her pokegear, she follows her map and eventually makes her way over to the gym.  The whole time she was walking, she couldn't help but smile.  She didn't know why she was so happy all of a sudden, but why fight it?  This was the first time in a long time that she had actually felt....well good!
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 10/8/2014, 12:35 am

"Of all the Gyms I've ever seen, this one was always so intimidating to me!" Decoda said as they entered the building.  All while they trekked to the deep core of the Gym, he thought of all the ways Loka could have known the great Lieutenant Surge of Vermillion.  He thought about asking, but was worried he wouldn't get a straight answer from this mysterious girl.  He held his tongue and continued to think until he saw all the weapons.

"Whoa... I guess those rumors about him were true..." he said with a tone of awe in his voice.  "He must have been a real Lieutenant to have access to all these weapons... But maybe I don't wanna know what happened in that Pokemon War so many years ago..."

He looked to Cerise and Rizu, a little nervous about picking anything.  He'd relied on his own strength and stamina, as well as his voice and instruments for self-defense throughout his travels and time as a Gym Trainer.  He'd never used a gun or a bow or anything outside of a baseball bat for combat!  He bit his lower lip and then asked the two guys, "...You guys know what you want?"
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Blastion 10/8/2014, 12:43 am

Rizu nodded to Loka as she departed from the team. He turned to Decoda crossing his arms in what appears boredom. "I'll be keeping an eye on you guys; make sure you don't hurt yourselves." He shrugged. "Take your pick." He scanned the immediate vicinity.
Blastion
Blastion
Posting and Loving it
Posting and Loving it

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 10/8/2014, 3:18 am

Catia walks inside of the gym and goes up to the front counter. "I was told to come here by a member of Loka's group. Decoda sent me here to meet up with them." She tells the receptionist, looking around the gym to observe her surroundings.
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 10/8/2014, 9:19 am

The familiar feeling of unease began to grow within Cerise once more as he gazed upon the array of various weapons in stock. Trying not to let his discomfort show, he looked over the various armaments, with the stock seeming more and more gruesome with each passing second. He was nearly certain he wouldn't be using a firearm-- just looking at one made him sick. Pistols, rifles... Cerise couldn't see himself using anything in that department.

He walked a bit to another room, looking over the melee weaponry consisting of swords, knives, polearms, and blunt weaponry. That cold steel that could rend his flesh into ribbons with ease... Cerise exhaled deeply to try to calm his nerves. If using weapons wasn't a big deal to the others, then it shouldn't be a problem for him, right? He bends down to examine another rack of weapons, his eyes landing on something in the back of the shelf. Pushing up his glasses, he reached out to examine his finding.

It was a shield, somewhat rounded in shape. Cerise examined it in his hands. The material was somewhat thin, yet also durable and hard to bend. He held it in front of himself, imagining fighting off an unseen enemy and fending off their attacks. He smiled, somewhat satisfied with the armament, but paused. A shield wasn't really much of an offensive weapon... would something like this really be alright to use? Cerise held the shield tightly to his chest, gaze downtrodden a bit.

Last edited by Phirania on 10/8/2014, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

http://bisharpcreed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 10/8/2014, 12:12 pm

The guy at the desk nodded and pointed behind him, saying what he told the others; Down the hall and take the stairs. He also warned Catia to be careful, as this floor was dangerous. When she got down there, it wasn't hard to find several of the others. Everyone is able to hear the sounds of people testing out their weapons, as well as shouts from the sparring rings.

A hand heavily clasped itself to Cerise's shoulder and a deep powerful voice spoke to him.

"Defense is just as important as offense, Kid. As someone told me a long time ago,"  he added with a mutter. "I wish I would have listened; If you dislike weapon, you'd better have stronger defense."

"Oh there ya are!" Loka said, approaching once again. "As ya prolly guessed, we're in the market fer a bit more firepower." She looked to Cerise. "As well as a bit more defense."

"Well, what can everyone do?"

"Why dont ya ask 'em yerself?" 

Surge then turned to the group.

"So tell me, what can you all do?"
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 10/8/2014, 12:55 pm

Decoda smiled as Cerise picked up the shield. So pascifistic, yet still so strong and prepared. It was perfect for him! Then Surge came in.

THE Lieutenant Surge?!  Before them?!  It was a great honor to be in his presence, and Decoda's eyes reflected his excitement.

"Lt. Surge?!  Sir, I'm glad to finally meet you!" he gushed, his nervousness becoming joy.  Years ago, during the group field trip to this city, Brock had warned the young Gym Trainers about the power and might of this leader in particular.  Even though they had a type advantage at the time, Surge's attack and special attack powers were off the hook, and his occassional dual typing with steel Magnetons were no laughing matter, easily matching a rock/ground type's defenses.  It was then that Brock had exposed the rumors about Surge to be true, and ever since Decoda had admired such power.

When the bulky Lt. asked about what they could do, Decoda stepped forward and raised a hand slightly.  "We can do a lot of things, sir!  Personally, I was a Gym Trainer for Leader Brock back in Pewter, but now my focus is my music.  So I try and balance the two out.  I can fight with my guitar though, as well as my fists. Does that count?" he said as he moved his hand to scratch the back of his head. "By the way, my name is Decoda Capella."
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 10/8/2014, 3:18 pm

Catia smiles as she overhears the fighting and the sparring. Sparring was something she hadn't ever done before, but her street brawling made her more than capable to fight by herself. Upon finding the others, she grins and leans against the other wall, her arms crossed. "Don't let your head get too big Decoda! It might pop with all of that air in it!" She teases him, going back to a gentle smile. She gives Lt. Surge a small nod, acknowledging his presence in the room with the others. She didn't quite know who he was but she'd seen pictures of him before and heard several stories about him from her mother. It was interesting to meet the electric type gym leader in person.
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 10/8/2014, 6:16 pm

Surprised to hear the familiar voice from behind them, Decoda turned around to find Catia leaning up against the wall.  The fact that she was here so soon coupled with her really snide comment towards his eagerness and simply answering Surge's question to the best of his ability really confused him.

"Catia, what are you doing here?  I thought you would be out for a while!" he now fully turned to her, one of his eyebrows raised.  "Heh, classy-Catia, always so grateful to the guy who didn't want to leave her lying passed out in the street!  Always so resourceful to think ahead and program her maps to help find the friends she can never seem to trust with basic information!  Always so thankful to her friends who actually dare to care about her well-being and the team!  That's our Catia!" he smiled, outstretching both his arms towards her and then clapping lightly.  "I'm glad you could join us so you could not get a weapon that could help us on our journey!"

He didn't want to scream and completely lose his temper in front of the others, especially Surge.  He just tried to play it off like a joke, while every bit of it he felt was the truth.  He tried to be nice before, but this was unnecessary.  Why was it always him?  She never once picked on Cerise like this, or Genesis or Rizu, but they hadn't been with the group long enough, maybe?  What about him made him this big target for her?  He turned back around with a shrug and proceeded to look for something for himself, not caring wether or not she responds.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 10/8/2014, 6:25 pm

Catia looked at Decoda, complete shock and sadness written all over her face after he had finished what he was saying to her.  "I was going to thank you for doing all of that for me but if you're going to be a jerk!"  She answers him, striding up in front of him.  She looked angry now.  "The hell was all that about??  I was trying to be friendly for once in my life and you go and say that stuff!  You idiot!"  She clenched her fist like she was going to punch him, but instead growled and turned away, she glares sideways at Loka, too pissed off to care that she was glaring at her.  "I'm going off to find where all of those people were sparring.  Call me if you need me."  She said flatly, turning away and walking off towards the sound of the people sparring that she had heard earlier.

On her way there, all she could think about was just how rude Decoda had been towards her.  The hell was wrong with him anyway?!  That woman was definitely wrong thatwas for sure!  Concerned for her....what a load of crap!  A short ways after she had been walking towards the sounds of the people sparring, she realized that her clenched fists were burning like crazy.  She stopped and took a deep breath to calm herself a bit so that she could figure out why her hand had felt like that.  But the moment she had calmed herself down enough to figure it out, the burning feeling was gone.  She puts her hand in front of her and examines it, confusion about what had just happened written all over her face.

Then she remembers something that her father had once told her long ago. He always told her to watch what she said around others, certain thing's becoming daggers to those that she cares about without realizing it. She had said the same thing to Loka once before and as the thought of this crosses her mind, she finds that someone hadn't been taking her own advice. Sighing and slowing her pace, she stops and stares at the ground, unsure of what to do now. She couldn't go back with what she had just done. She had made fun of what Decoda had said to Lt. Surge without meaning to. Maybe it was her that had been making him so angry lately? As her realization sets in, she finds herself sitting on the ground in the hallway, knees pulled up to her chest. The more she kept thinking about her actions in the past, the worse she felt until finally she couldn't help but shed a tear into her knees. Poochy, sensing her trainer's sadness and realization, grabs her cat ears and hops off of her head. The little puppy pokemon wags his tail at Catia to follow him but she merely watches in silence as he soon runs off back towards the others. Worried that they might get the wrong idea, she gets up and walks after him.

Poochy quickly reaches the others before her and turns around near the others, teasing Catia with her headband. As she walks up behind him, she kneels down and picks up her headband from him. She looks up at Decoda timidly. "....I'm sorry you guys." She adjusts her headband onto her head and pats Poochy for his advice. It was high time she took responsibility for her harsh actions towards everyone. She turns to Loka first. "Loka, I've said some stupid thing's to you before. I know I can't take them back but....I'm sorry for what I've said to you before. You've saved my life more than once and I can't tell you how much that means to me. Thank you." She tells her, turning to Decoda next.

She averts her gaze from looking straight at him, grabbing her arm in comfort. Where could she even begin with him? So much had to be said. Taking a deep breath, she starts her apology. "....Decoda, thank you for taking such good care of me like you did. I really don't deserve it to be honest. I've been so horrid to you....I think it's not you that's angry sometimes so much as it is me not watching what I say. It's my fault that you're mad I know....and I'm sorry for everything I've said to you. I honestly think it might be better if I just leave you guys alone and leave. But...." She sighs and looks to him, knowing that he's ignoring her. "I made a promise to myself in front of Arceus that I would be your guys' shield and light. I know now what he said when he first told me that I was unworthy of Entei's blessing to start with. I can't be the guardian that I want to be if I keep screwing up like this." She smiles timidly at Lt. Surge before going to leave. "I think it'll be best if I just go for now. You guy's are busy I can see. I'll just....come back later." She tells them, turning away and leaving the gym without another word. She didn't believe in using weapon like guns anyway. It'd probably be for the best that she just leave.

(OOC: God I feel like an idiot. This was such a good RP but it's starting to slow down and die because of me and my stupid actions. I'm sorry you guys. Really I am. I don't expect forgiveness and if you want me to leave the RP then I will. It'd probably be for the best anyway.)

Last edited by ShadowFantasy on 10/8/2014, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more to my post)
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 10/8/2014, 7:01 pm

As Lt. Surge spoke, Cerise slowly looked up at him, quite surprised that the older man had gotten behind him so quietly. He sure didn't seem like the most stealthy of people, at least to Cerise. As Loka and Decoda talked to Surge, Cerise slowly lowered the shield to his side, watching what the others did for a bit. After Decoda told Surge about his capabilities, Cerise was about to speak when Catia spoke out to Decoda.

And they argued again.

With Catia storming away, Cerise mentally sighed. That whole ordeal was mentally taxing, and he wasn't even directly involved! He coughed, trying to disturb the awkward silence that fell in the aftermath of the argument. As Decoda walked away to find a weapon, Cerise slowly lifted the shield again, satisfied with his choice.

"Lt. Surge, ah... sir?" Cerise began, not quite sure how to address him. "My name is Cerise Aerie. I don't have much experience with combat or Pokemon battling, but I grew up working at a Day Care center for as long as I can remember. That's about it... but I know some things about egg hatching from my mom, if that helps at all?"
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 10/9/2014, 2:32 am

Loka threw her hands up signaling she did nothing wrong when Catia snapped at her. She watched the girl stomp off in anger before heading off to look for a weapon of her own. 

Surge looked at decoda and listened to what he said, before watching the... not so civil exchange between Decoda and Catia. 

"...Right." He spoke, not wanting to get between something that seemed to be between the two of them. "So you're a musician, and you prefer close combat..." he tapped his chin in thought. "Try something like this!" Surge went into a room and came back with a flail. "Test it out, see if it fits you! If not, we can keep looking."

He then turned to Cerise who was taking different stances with the shield. He smiled, seeing him move almost flawlessly.

"You're a natural with a shield." Surge commented. "With a little polishing up, you could make an excellent knight!" He stopped for a moment. "Working around pokemon at such a young age allows you to learn thing that normal people can't pick up about them. Such as hidden weaknesses, sometimes even loyalty towards their trainer. For instance," he juts a finger at Loka who was now looking over the Flail with Decoda. "You probably thougnt that she was terrifying and her pokemon midtreated? But after getting to know her, as well as her pokemon, you see that their loyalty to her is phenomenal. Now compare her pokemon to someone who terrorizes their pokemon, forcing them to be loyal out of the mere concept of fear and respect. The bond between that trainer and their pokemon would be a lot weaker; and you'll be able to see it."

"Found What I wanted." Loka came back holding a simple staff. She saw Catia approaching, this time looking a bit ashamed. Loka listened to her words, but didn't respond right away. She wasn't used to saving people, let alone getting a thanks for doing so. "...Your welcome."

Last edited by Luna on 10/9/2014, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more stuff in.)
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 10/9/2014, 11:06 pm

Decoda was completely unsure of what to make of the new situation he was catapulted into.  Simply expelled frustration on his part almost warranted him a physical blow to the face, and all of a sudden it was his fault?  He replied on the basis that he was getting tired of Catia's comments towards him and her antics.  That was the nicest thing he probably could have said, even though a "back off and leave me alone" could have sufficed.  He didn't want to just sit there and take it like some punching bag.

The explosions going off in his brain from all this bewilderment engaged a massive headache unlike anything he'd ever felt before.  When Catia was done yelling at him and ran off, his hands sucked to his face and smushed it to try to stifle the pain.  He had dropped the flail and stood in silence, facing one of the walls in the room.  As he stood, he carefully listened to Surge's words he determined he could at last remove his hands from his face.  Weaknesses... bonds... somehow that reached him on a different level.  He had the strength to relinquish his tense posture and pick up the flail again.  He saw that Loka and Cerise now had their own unique tools to get used to... and the return of Catia.

When she apologized to Loka, he was happy that she did so, even if Loka the look on her face told him she didn't feel it was entirely necessary.  When she came over to him and this time formally and fully apologized, he shut his eyes and turned to face her as she exposed what the meeting with Arceus was like for the first time.  If she made a promise, he could honor that.  He could respect that.  What he didn't like was how she just felt like leaving because of one mistake.  Granted, the scale of this mistake at current was pretty crucial to keeping the team consistent of five and alive, but at the same time it felt so minuscule.  It was easy to make.  He's been rude and harsh to others before, throwing tantrums and behaving crudely, especially towards other trainers that kept bashing him after defeating him at the Pewter Gym, but he didn't want to share that.

It was best that they took Surge's advice, the weaponry and moved on to the real mission.

When Catia departed he opened his eyes and inspected the flail.  It was heavy, but certainly less than the guitar and equipment he carried on his back.  It also had that close combat feel that he liked, something he could work with for a while and play around with.  He wanted to show Mudkip and Chimecho, but had second thoughts about bringing them out in this place, no matter how tough they thought they were.  He looked back a Surge and nodded.

"You know, I think I'll be alright with this.  Thank you very much, Lieutenant.  I appreciate it," he said with a half-smile.  "Now... we should probably... or at least I should just make up and we can move on.  Sorry for the awkward, guys."

He saluted to the Gym Leader and began to leave for the exit.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 10/9/2014, 11:43 pm

Catia waited outside for the others to finish with Surge, standing at the edge of the dock nearby and watching the waves calmly.  She had screwed up yes but.....admitting one's mistakes is always half the battle.  The other half is working towards forgiveness and learning from them so that they don't happen again.  When she saw Decoda leave the gym, she sighed and growled internally.  Best just to get it done and over with.

She approaches him as he exits the gym, a calm expression on her face.  "....Hey."  Looking around for the others behind him, she sighs and actually forces a smile despite her current mindset.  "You know what?  Why don't I take everyone out to a restaurant to eat tonight?  Maybe it's time I got to know Cerise a little bit better.  You too of course but....I don't want to push anything until you've cooled off.  I know you're mad at me."  She says without letting her fear of social rejection get into her words.  It wasn't their fault that she didn't want to socialize with them, she'd always had a rough time trusting others ever since she was little.  Still, it was time to get that under wraps.
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 10/10/2014, 12:12 am

"W-wow, sir! You're really incredible!" Cerise smiled in awe, astounded by Lt. Surge's speech on his own observations. Maybe one day... Cerise could be someone like the Lieutenant? The thought sent bubbles of glee through Cerise's mind and he couldn't help from spreading his grin even wider. Feeling somewhat bashful in Lt. Surge's presence, he takes a few steps backwards, eyes intent on Loka. Cerise had learned some things about the older trainer, but she was still very much a mystery...

Of course, he had told himself that he wouldn't try to pry too much into her past, but curiosity was a powerful motivator. Recalling what Rotom had said about the Chicole siblings, Cerise nods to himself, seeing the topic as a possible conversation starter between himself and Loka, and maybe even Rizu. He'd just need the right time to spring the dialogue. Hopefully, it wouldn't end poorly! He saw Decoda try out the flail, and was about to comment when Catia returned, speaking to both Loka and Decoda about their floundering relationships before walking away again.

Cerise pursed his lips in thought before sliding his shield onto his back. It was probably best not to get too involved in their problems; he didn't want to strain his friendships, after all. He leans against a nearby wall, waiting for the others to pick out what weapons they would utilize.
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 10/10/2014, 1:47 am

((I'll be posting for Rizu for a bit))

Rizu wandered the different rooms (deciding to ignore the drama behind him), examining the assortments of weapons. He tested out several swords, which he swung around nicely, but put them back.

"A bit too heavy for my... liking..." he muttered to himself. He eyes several punching daggers, which were a bit more his style. "Too hard to conceal..." Finally he came to a section of small throwing weapons; shurikens, knives, and an assortment of small axes. He picked up a closed butterfly knife and twirled it about his hand, opening it and entering a stance. "This is a lot better." He grabbed several butterfly knives as well as a small holder for his belt and set off to find the rest of the group.

Loka stepped over to Cerise, and leaned on the wall next to him. She looked at him for a few seconds, then spoke.

"It's good ya chose a shield. Shows ya'd rather take the blows then watch others take 'em instead." she nodded to herself. "It's a noble an' honorable choice, Cerise."
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 10/10/2014, 2:19 am

((So I decided to take this in a different direction and practice my storyboards and faces while responding!  If you can't read my handwriting, the transcription is below the image!))

(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass - Page 31 Decoda10

Decoda sighed, but managed to find some words to say to her that couldn't possibly be taken out of context.

"Yes, but when two people don't get along right away, you never just abandon ship."

He then carefully began to rationalize their behavior the only way he thought of, trying not to make her feel too bad since he could see that she was trying to own up to her problems.

"I suppose what it all boils down to is our personal problems... They're not exactly easy to ignore.  But what we all gotta try to do is understand that not everything will go our way and people will clash."

The more he spoke out how he comprehended the situation, the more he relaxed.  He lifted a smile onto his cheeks and tried to think of something they could all look forward to.  When he had an idea, he announced it with a wink and a pointed finger.

"I'll tell you what: if we can make it another two weeks without killing each other, I'll be the one to buy everyone dinner!  Maybe at a buffet with Karaoke, too~!"

Then he looked off to his side and gazed out at the open ocean and the sand adjacent to the wide, blue waters.  Such a beautiful scene couldn't be wasted!

"But if you want to get to know us, how about we hang out on the beach?  We can grab some ice cream and sit by a bonfire... if Loka wants to help start it!  That'll be fun, right?" he finished as he turned around back to Catia, still smiling.  He hoped that this would get to her and change things for the better.  He really didn't want this to happen again.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 10/10/2014, 10:38 am

Catia looked over at the ocean and subconsciously backed up a bit. "I um....I don't swim and Fox doesn't like the water. The ice cream sounds like a good idea though and a bonfire would be nice. Just....I don't swim is all." She stops for a second before playfully punching his shoulder. "And who said anything about jumping ship? I told Arceus that I'd try to protect all of you no matter what." She smiles at him, this time genuinely. "I'm not going anywhere." She reassures him.
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 10/10/2014, 1:33 pm

"You think so?" He looked at her, eyes a bit wide with child-like curiosity. He  hadn't really thought about his choice too much... but he just knew that actually fighting someone else bothered him and his conscience. He blinked... Did Pokemon ever feel the same way that he felt now? It wasn't something Cerise had ever thought about before... but trainers always made their Pokemon fight, generally disregarding how their Pokemon might feel about fighting other Pokemon. When he had the chance... he'd ask Chespin and Goomy about their true feelings about battling. He looked back at Loka. "What about you? What kind of weapon were you going to use?"
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next