NewGeneforce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Affiliates
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 144 on 4/12/2021, 3:11 am
Latest topics
» A Kingdom Built on the Trust of Slaves
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty6/13/2021, 8:21 pm by Genesis

» [BtTG] Rainbow Ruination
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty2/11/2021, 4:48 pm by Star Phoenix

» Myrr Saga: War of the Infernals
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty2/11/2021, 2:55 pm by Zazul

» [Fakemon] Solo Adventure: Storming Lore (Zazul/Luna RP)
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty12/10/2020, 10:41 pm by Zazul

» [My Hero Academia] Symbols of Justice
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty10/11/2020, 4:18 pm by Zazul

» Geneforce Chronicles: Psychic Warfare.
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty7/14/2020, 9:46 am by Genesis

» The Human/Demon Cultural Exchange Program
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty6/10/2020, 10:43 am by Genesis

» [My Hero Academia] Rise of the New Generation!
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty6/7/2020, 3:37 pm by Star Phoenix

» His Daughter's Tower
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty6/7/2020, 3:29 pm by Star Phoenix

» [My Hero Academia] SAVE School: My Villain Academia
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty6/2/2020, 6:49 am by Star Phoenix

» Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty5/22/2020, 10:43 am by Maxwell

» The God-Killer Chronicles
Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty3/28/2020, 9:22 pm by Star Phoenix

Statistics
We have 44 registered users
The newest registered user is Minniboe

Our users have posted a total of 15952 messages in 324 subjects
Gallery

Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty

Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata

Post by Zazul 2/13/2019, 11:26 pm

The Year, XXXX, nearly two hundred galactic cycles since the end of the Mosaic Insurgency War. At the height of the great conflict between the Liberators and the Dominion, a third party emerged from deep within Mosaic's center....The Helion Axis. A massive force, formed from the then-secluded Helion System, they came and attempted to bring stability back to the war-torn Mosaic Cloud. Brokering the Treaty that would later form the first Mosaic Intergalactic Alliance, Helion then opened its borders, bringing with it a massive boom in both technology as well as the practices of Magic within the Mosaic Cloud. Thus, the age known as "The Mystic Revolution" was born! This is a story not of Heroes, but of the ones who wielded the powers of Magic for the good of all Mosaic. A story of souls, who's steps leave ever-changing ripples in the course of history in their wake. What are these powerful beings called? Simple...they are Mages, and this is their song. A tale of suns and spells. Of Devils and the Deep Cosmos. Of love, of loss, and of the will necessary to shape the future. This...is their Starlight Sonata...

~The Helion System, Planet Avalon~

Arthur Desudari:

The sounds of metal slamming into stone echo loudly throughout the training hall as the young man continues his daily drills. Four hours a day, he would use his swords to cut into the stone flesh of powerful Training Golems, honing his skills with the blade as well as his Magic. His name was Arthur Desudari, son of two of the College of Avalon's greatest scholars and teachers. The young man was tall, strong, and held a noble air about his posture. His skin shone with a slightly silver sheen, the mark of a Celestian hybrid. His hair was a bright, almost neon red color, like his father, and grew long. However, to keep it in check during combat, he would often wear it in a messy bun at the back of his head. His face was angular, one would almost say "pretty" even! Yet, his eyes held a fierce and passionate fire to them, like he was constantly analyzing everything around him to see if it had any potential for combat. His attire was simple; a mixture of a form-fitting black tank top with violet-camo combat cargo pants, his feet being adorned with a pair of combat boots. On his knees, waist, and right shoulder were armored pieces, with the belt having numerous Spell Seals engraved in its silver metal. On his left side hung two sheathes, one for each of his two swords. One of the swords he was carrying was long, and appeared to have a hollow cut-out of a smaller sword through the actual blade itself. Its metal shown with a bright, cerulean tinge that danced with blue Cosmic Radiation, the energy of the Spacial magic flowing like a flame. His other sword was smaller, and appeared to be able to fit in the hollow slot of the first sword. Its metal shined with an eerie, green light off its black metal surface. Occasionally, green flames would lick forth from the blade, its aura giving off the very burning visage of the Demonic Realm of Inferno itself. Yes, Arthur loved to test his strength as a warrior as well as a Mage, but his drive was not the sword, but rather how he would use it. When he enrolled in the College of Avalon, it was to pursue his dream of using his powers to protect the weak, and vanquish injustice through his own martial might!

It was then that his uncle, Arch Mage Neir, the leader of the prestigious school of Magic, determined that he was something called a "Wake Soul", a being who was capable of changing the very course of history itself, and was naturally loved by Magic. Because of this, Arthur was placed within a special Fraternity within the College, a group known as Aura Wake. This famous group was known for using their powers to protect the peace of the entire Mosaic Cloud from threats, be them Mystic in origin or otherwise. However, despite already being a student for nearly three months, his uncle refused to allow him to go out on missions to fight evil.

"When you're ready, Arthur, you'll go out. But you're lacking something first..." That was always what his uncle would tell him when he would ask to go. Needless to say, he was becoming frustrated. With a roar he leaps at one of the four Training Golems surrounding him within the alabaster walls of the Aura Wake Dorm's Training room. He brought both his blades back, holding them lightly with only his pinky and ring fingers at first as he glares at the Golems. Then, as he came down on the stone sentinel, he immediately grips his blades and brings them down with all his might, crying out at the top of his lungs! "NUN!!!"

The blades bite through the stone like butter, the sentinel crumbling to powder as Arthur lands, panting. This made how many now?...He lost count after 56. He typically did that, if he was frustrated, and boy was he frustrated today. He woke up this morning, expecting to find his father ready for a sparring match, but where was he? Gone, along with all the other Professors. Apparently, the Arch Mage sent them to scout out a group of "Promising Aura Wake prospects". He huffed, sighing as he sits down and rests his swords on his shoulders.

"End Training Simulation." He says curtly. Almost immediately, the Golems stop and crumble to dust, disappearing into the floor as if they had never even been there. The doors to the training room slide open, a young woman now entering the room. She was tall, with fair, white hair and pale skin, white scales adorning the sides of her face and neck and a long, smooth, scaly, white tail trailing behind her. She wore a long, elegant, white lace dress with a simple, lace shawl around her shoulders, and her face had a stern expression despite her blue, reptilian eyes holding a type of nurturing warmth to them. Arthur smirks slightly in a jokingly smug way. "Theresa. Enjoy the show? Unfortunately, I'll have to charge you if you stare too long.~"

The young woman seemed hardly amused as she sighs. "Your jokes are as charming as ever, Arthur...Now then, you should probably wash up. You smell like you've been in a war zone. The Arch Mage said the Professors should be returning in a few hours. After all, they were given Warp Scrolls so they could return here with their Prospects immediately."

Arthur visibly rolls his eyes, rising to his feet. "Why is my uncle so hung up on these six? What does he have up his sleeve this time? I hate it when he gets all cryptic. He thinks its cute or funny, but it really just irks me to no end..."

This time, Theresa lets out a light giggle. "You shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, you know. The Arch Mage plans to form a new team with these six...and they're going to need a captain. Why do you think Arch Mage Neir has been having you train so much?" Arthur looks visibly confused, until Theresa sighs from frustration and gives him a light, playful chop to the head. "He's grooming you for command, idiot! Put your brain into more than just your swords! You get good grades and you're amazing in combat, Arthur, but I swear when it comes to people, you're denser than the Babylon Firmament's atmosphere!"

Arthur then remembers something, his eyes lighting up. "Didn't Professor Dorian say he was going there?! I wish I could have gone! The Astrogeists are such a mysterious lot!~"

Theresa is now the one who rolls her eyes. "I swear...you're 19, but you act like a kid when it comes to places with high Mystic Energy..."

~The Helion System, Planet Frostguard~

Noah Ash-Claw:

Noah could tell only one thing: He. Was. Boned.

As he sat in the wooden cage built to imprison him, his hands and feet bound with rope behind his back, he couldn't help but reflect on what had transpired just a few hours ago. Noah was a handsome lad, with silvery skin and matching silver hair, with two silver wolf ears poking out from the top of his head and a small, silvery wolf's tail that lashed at his back. His canine teeth had small points to them that let them stick slightly out from his upper lip, giving his appearance an air that made him seem almost younger than he actually was. He wore a full, orange cloth poncho, its hem covered in Fenrir Shamanistic runes to give it extra magical protection. On the hood of the poncho, two massive phoenix tail feathers sat like antennae atop Noah's head, bouncing and bobbing every time the young Shaman-in-training moved. He closed his eyes, trying to reach out to Phaedra, his Elemental Familiar. No such luck. It would appear that she, yet again, was going to leave him hanging...she had the habit of doing that if Noah ever got into trouble.

A few hours ago, Noah had been visiting the local Fenrir Village's market, before the nomadic, wolf-like inhabitants of Frostguard would pack up and move on. As he did, he noticed that a few of the village's animals seemed cold from the recent frost that had fallen the day before. Being the kind boy he was, he called upon Phaedra's power as a Sun Elemental to warm the animals. At first, it worked. They seemed happy, and Noah was content in doing the right thing. Then, things went south. The ice beneath the large, mammoth-like beasts gave way due to the sun's warmth weakening it, and the whole herd was unfortunately lost. Now, the village had Noah detained while his father tried to reason with them.

Ordo Ash-Claw was a rather large and rotund Fenrir Shaman, with wolfen features not unlike those one would see in a typical werewolf of legend. Grey fur, a wolf's snout and face, big, floppy ears, and clawed, lupine legs and hands. The old Shaman seemed more annoyed with how the villagers were reacting than he was with Noah. "Look, you can tell the boy didn't mean anything wrong! It was a simple accident, nothing more. No need to try to hang the poor lad!"

However, the villagers were not having it. One of them, clearly the leader of the angry mob, came forward and spat back at Ordo. "That boy is a fucking menace, Ordo, and you know it! Look at him! He's a bloody Half-Celestian! And you taught him our people's magic arts?! OF COURSE HE CAN'T CONTROL IT! Now, we lost our whole fucking stock of meats for the winter! What are we supposed to do?!"

Noah couldn't help but slink away slightly. The fact he was Half-Celestian meant he had a strong connection to Magic itself, particularly so for the element of Fire in his case. Because of this, Noah's control over his Sun Shaman arts were...sub-par at best. However, he thought he could at least handle a simple thing as warming up a few Glacial Mammoths a bit.

The old Fenrir lets out a sigh of annoyance, his eyes growing angrier by the minute. However, he was still keeping his rage in check...for now. "I understand your plight, but I can't let you kill my only son over an accident. Now, let him out of that cage this instant, or I'll-"

"You'll what, Master Ash-Claw?~" The voice that cut in was light, airy, but full of wisdom. The crowd parted as the source of the voice made his way up. He was a male Celestian, the inhabitants of Avalon. As such, his face had no visible nose or mouth, and his skin and hair were one color type. This one had dark, cerulean skin and neon cyan hair that grew out in a light, fluffy mass that went down to the center of his shoulder blades, the bangs and sides also shaggy and disheveled. The Celestian's eyes were a bright sapphire blue that glowed intently, the pupils sitting in the sea of gemstone blue like islands. He wore a white shirt with a long, blue petticoat that made him look like he was an explorer, searching for some type of secret location. He wore simple, white cloth pants with brown boots and a brown belt, his attire and demeanor giving him an almost casual air about him. However, beneath that casual air, one could feel a charge of lightning about him, like he was ready to move at a moment's notice. Around his shoulder, he had a simple, brown leather satchel, the pages of a book being visible under the flap.

Ordo seemed more surprised than anything by the appearance of the man, a smile slowly forming across his face. "Savanos Narn! You old bastard, you!" The two men walk forward, clasping arms and embracing as the mob and Noah look on, equally confused. Ordo pulls back, still holding the Celestian's forearm as they spoke. "What brings you so far from the College, old friend? I would have thought Neir would be keeping a powerful Spacial Mage such as yourself on a tight leash!"

Savanos chuckles, the two finally releasing each other's arms as he responds. "I'm here on business from the College, actually. Your boy, Noah...where is he? More importantly, what is going on here? Are you making trouble with the villagers, old dog?~" He joked coyly.

Ordo snorts, pounding his broad chest once. "The answers to both questions are one in the same. Noah is right here," He points back to his son, still in the wooden cage. "and I am trying to clean up another mess he made. The boy used his Sun Shamanism to try and warm up some Mammoths that looked like they were starting to give way to the frost. However, his magic ended up melting the ice beneath the Mammoths' feet, and lead to it caving in. The ice crushed six bloody Mammoths, and now they want Noah to pay for it. They mean to hang him..."

Savanos seemed genuinely shocked by the events transpiring. "Hang him over Mammoths?! I know Frostguard's laws are brutal, but that?! Good Gods, man! Its good I arrived when I did!" He looks to the villages, stepping in front of Noah and Ordo as if to shield them from the mob. "Good people! I have a solution to your problems. Why not commute the boy's crimes?!"

The mob all look among each other, genuine confusion on their faces. Commute his crimes? What was this strange man talking about? Finally, the mob's leader steps forward. "What do you mean? Do you have a better alternative?"

Savanos' cheeks raise as if he was smiling, snapping his fingers as he draws forth a strange, silver medallion with the crest of the College of Avalon emblazoned on it. "I am a representative from the College of Avalon, Aura Wake division. I have come here to procure young Noah here, to try and recruit him for tutelage at the College. However, it would seem he has wronged you all, and so there must be justice. I will take young Noah with me, whether he wishes to go or not, and in exchange for letting him live, I will contact the College and see that funds are sent to your village to more than replace your lost livestock. Is this a more acceptable outcome than the former, which involved butchering a boy, barely on the cusp of manhood?~"

The mob began to chatter, as Ordo and Noah watched nervously. They had to admit, this Savanos had a way with words. Finally, the mob leader speaks up, stating the decision of the village as a whole. "Very well. But he stays away! Far away!"

Noah could only let out a sigh of relief. He was saved! As the mob dispersed to prepare to move their village, the Celestian named Savanos comes over to the cage and kneels, looking in at young Noah with a flash in his eyes. "I hope you're ready, Mr. Ash-Claw...If you thing Mystic Academia is going to be easy, then you are in for a rude awakening..."

~Greater Mosaic, Iciaura, Law's Choke Hold~

Mercer Law:

Within the black halls of Iciaura's famous "City of Warlocks", a great commotion was taking place. A Warlock who had left their order, and on a rather sour note, no less had returned, and was speaking with Quintus Law, the founder and Patriarch of the entire Law Warlock Clan. As a crowd formed outside the great Black Citadel, Quintus's seat of power, at the highest tower of the citadel, from behind barred windows, sat a young, male Iciaurian Skunk. The young Anthromorph had a strong build, but kept a very slouched posture as he kept his hands in his cloak pockets. His was a custom designed Law Warlock's cloak, it black cloth reaching down to his knees and hemmed with bright, neon green tentacle patterns reaching up from the bottom. on either sides of his coat's chest area were neon green goat head silhouettes looking out in opposite directions, their heads having what looked like six eyes each. On his head, covering his salt and pepper, moppy hair, was a broad-rimmed black pointed Warlock's hat, the center base having neon green tentacle designs reaching up and wrapping around up to the tip like a spiral. His eyes flashed a bright, grass green as he watched the crowd milling about. With a sigh, he closes his eyes and looks away from the window, going back to his desk to sit down again.

The Warlock in question was, in fact, a Witch. Aurora Rothbart, All-Father Quintus' old apprentice. She had left against his wishes to study at the College of Avalon, and was now even teaching there! To the many Warlocks in attendance's surprise, Aurora was standing tall as she debated with the throne-bound, old Iciaurain Skunk.

"...and I'M telling YOU, he won't grow if he's locked in a tower all god damn day! Look, Neir saw it in the Magnus Diviner. Your boy, Mercer? He's a Wake Soul, and the College is the place for Wake Souls to grow to their full potential!" Shot back the Witch. She was a tall and beautiful Catian woman, with long, burgundy hair and voluptuous form. Beneath her broad-rimmed, pointed Witch Hat sat a pair of pink-tipped cat ears that twitched angrily as she spoke. Behind her, a fluffy, pink-tipped burgundy cat tail swished frantically, as if to emphasize her anger towards the old Skunk. She wore a black corset and black, baggy pants with a pair of black stiletto-heel boots, her nails painted deep black as her hands rest on her hips. Her fuchsia eyes flash angrily as she growls deep. "Letting him rot away like that won't do anybody any good! If you're so embarrassed by him, let me take him off you hands, you miserable old Skunk!"

Gasps could be heard throughout the room as all eyes turn to Quintus Law. The Law Patriarch was an old, hunched Skunk with long, shaggy fur and a long neck that craned forward, letting strands hang loosely off it. His body was wrapped in long, constantly undulating, black cloth robes with flowing strips and on his hat sat an old, worn, ragged Law Warlock's hat. His eyes were two glowing, green orbs in two deep, black sockets. However, behind the black, one could feel the rage building from the old man as he grips the arm of his throne, the stone audibly groaning under his long, slender, but surprisingly strong fingers. When he speaks, his voice is a loud, echoing boom, yet a hushed whisper, as if someone was whispering into a loud speaker. However, it carried great weight, and an ungodly chill that could make even the strongest man want to curl away in intimidation. "Hear me and hear me now, girl...the only reason I am entertaining you now is because, at one point, the love I bore you was that of a father for his own daughter. Because of that, I will tell you my reasoning only once. That boy meddled in something he should not have. A forbidden Grimoire I wrote during my experimental years...one that I regret ever putting a Black Quill to...."

Aurora seemed surprised. The Black Quills were Warlock Tools used only by Quintus Law. They were artifacts from the Burning Age, and were capable of writing Warlock Grimoires, the very tools of Law Warlocks. If a Warlock can read a Grimoire, then the Demon of Inferno bound to that Grimoire becomes their familiar. "So what, you put some big, bad, angry something-or-other in there from Inferno's ass crack?" She retorted sarcastically.

The old Skunk did not seem amused by the joke. "...It was no being of Inferno, girl. Something...worse. From a place beyond Inferno. Beyond our Universe. I dare not speak its name or describe its origins, as it spits in the very face of Warlock arts themselves. No, Aurora, I cannot condone that boy leaving and further polluting our sacred Arts with such a disgusting abomination! In order to stop it from running rampant, I had to seal it within Mercer's stomach. Now, he can never leave here, lest he unleash that....THING'S power upon our unsuspecting galaxy!"

However, the Witch does not back down, her eyes narrowing as her jaw hardens. "It sounds to me like you just don't want anybody finding out you made a mistake and dabbled in things you ought not to, old man. But, this isn't about you, or me...its about Mercer and his decision. He's a fully grown adult, and its HIM who's getting the invitation, not you. So, lets let Mercer decide." She shoots the old Skunk a coy grin, her eyes sparkling. "Besides, I plan to take him under my wing, myself. I'll make sure he can control not only his Demon Familiar, but whatever this...thing is, that has you so spooked. So please, just trust me....Master Quintus."

The old skunk grumbles, sighing. "You know, I really do hate it when you're right...Motherhood has made you into quite the woman, Aurora. I hear that boy of yours knows both Warlock Arts and Spacial Magics...Perhaps he would be a good influence? Very well...I will allow Mercer to go. But...he must leave that abomination's Grimoire here. He may bring his normal Familiar, Lovecraft, but that monster must be kept powerless...for now. Until he has mastered being a proper Warlock. Teach him, Aurora...He is my direct grandson, and my heir."

The Catian Witch smiles, bowing slightly. "I will not fail you, Master. Besides, Mercer won't be alone. There are others, who I guarantee will be just as promising. After all, the Arch Mage sent us Teachers to collect them. The must be special.~"

~The Helion System, Talarus~

At one of the many Helion Axis Spaceports in the Catian Royal Kingdom of Talarus, a single, silver ship lands, the crest of the College of Avalon emblazoned on its side. The door to the ship opens, the walkway off the ship rolling out as a shadow enters the doorway. Two feline eyes look out, darting back and forth as they scanned the area. A voice then follows them, carrying a deep, intelligent, wise, and melodious ring to it.

"Well nyow....Time to find my Prospect. Miss Morgan, College life beckons you, desu-nyan!~"

~Greater Mosaic, Hanwind~

On the magic-rich, ancient world of Hanwind, on the outskirts of the Witchkin Territories, a similar silver ship is parked right at the edge of the forests surrounding the territory. Standing in front of the treeline is a male Celestian with neon-red, messy, medium-length hair, deep crimson skin, and average build. The man's ruby eyes had a dull, lazy sheen to them, like a big cat lounging on a rock in the vast savanna plains. He wore a baggy, worn red hoodie over a tattered, white undershirt, as well as a pair of long jeans and flip flop sandals. Though he did not look like it at first, though, anyone who could sense magic could feel a heat like an inferno raging inside this man. As the Celestian looks up at the trees, he thinks back to days long ago, when he once came to this planet with his older brothers to help solve many of the internal conflicts between Hanwind's races. After all, he was one of the famous "Desudari Brothers". His older brothers, Neir and Siddhartha, might not think fondly back on their experiences here, but the man certainly did.

He had a good rappaport with not only the Nighthalzen, but the Witchkin as well. Always the champion, always the one that people liked, despite his lazy demeanor. Maybe it was the courage he hid underneath it that drew people to him? Either way, it was that very courage that gave him his nickname....Sher Desudari, or as they people of Mosaic knew him, Sher the Lionheart, one of Aura Wake's most famous graduates. However, now he returned to this site of many of his achievements, not as a protector of the peace, but as a representative from the College of Avalon. With a lazy sigh, he begins walking directly into the forest.

"Ugh...I hope the Witchkin remember me...Dealing with angry witch doctors is such a pain in the ass...But, this Sek'Kuar is supposed to be a genius..."

~Greater Mosaic, Mobius~

On the rich, veridiant world that was once Earth, the planet Mobius was now a vast melting pot of all the different races of the Mosaic Galaxy. In South City, on the continent that was once North America, a silver College Ship has already docked at the Spaceport. Exiting the ship was a rather rotund Necral with white whirlpool tattoos covering his hands, face, feet, and chest. He wore a rather large, over sized, black fur coat and a bowler hat over his oval-shaped head. As he walked, his black suit shoes clicking as he walked with a diamond-headed walking cane, the Necral takes in the smell of the air around him.

When he speaks, his voice carries a heavy french accent to it. "Ah, Comme c'est magnifique! Mobius is truly a gem in this galaxy!~ Now, to find my charge, Mademoiselle Mari!~"

~The Helion System, The Babylon Firmament~

Sailing into the vast, miasma-like energy cloud that surrounded the ruined world that was the Babylon Firmament was a College ship, the craft activating an environmental adaptation spell to allow it to cut through the thick, heavy, gravity-laden space around it. Within the ship was a single Frostguardian male, a half-Fenrir, half-Jotun with grey and white peppered fur and wolfen features. He wore a massive suit of plate mail armor, enscribed with strange runes. On his back sat a strange metal greatsword with similar runes on the blade, the thing seeming to hum as life force energy seems to hover around it like a magnet. The Frostguardian Knight sighs as he reviews the information given to him by the Arch Mage.

"So then...Michael Creed, eh? Apparently, the College had its eye on him long before Neir decided to build this team...The young Astrogeist is apparently quite the scholar! I look forward to meeting him!~"

As the ship enters the ruined planet's atmosphere, it disappears beneath the heavy miasma of energy.

Soon, all the pieces would be in place, and the fate of all Mosaic would be determined...

Last edited by Zazul on 2/15/2019, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zazul
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata Empty Re: Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata

Post by ShadowFantasy 2/14/2019, 12:43 am

The Forsaken One: Morgan:

~Port Canalev, Planet Talarus~

Sitting and looking out of the window of her room within the house of her friend Sui, the Kitsune blacksmith was a woman with long red hair, scarlet red eyes and pale skin was Morgan. Throughout her pale skinned body laid numerous stitches that ran throughout her body and up from her neck onto her face, one side of her long hair covering up one of her eyes. She wore her favorite casual outfit; a white tank top, worn down jeans and laced up black boots with red laces and some black, fingerless gloves. A necklace dangled from around her neck on a golden chain, a small sapphire set inside the center of the cross there. The sapphire bore the symbol of one of Talarus' gods, Headon and had been a gift to the half-undead woman in an effort to help control her insatiable hunger. Though she was half-human, her diet was unusual; she needed to consume nigh inhuman amounts of blood or meat in order to sustain herself. Though she is capable of eating other foods, they hold no value for her. She lets out a sigh as she finishes polishing the rapier within her hands, a small hollow chamber within the blade lying empty.

She settles the old weapon within the sheath and sets it down next to her by the windowsill where she sat. Moments later she looks out and spots a transport ship touching down in the spaceport that had been recently built for interplanetary trade and commerce within the Helion System and beyond. She narrows her eyes at the symbol on the side of the ship. She knew what it was as they had been here to Port Canalev's fair city many times before to procure weapons and armor whenever they needed them from the blacksmith's shop that she lived in with her friend Sui.

The College? What could they want this time? Did they not get enough of Sui's weapons the last time that they were here?

The Forsaken lets out a breath through her nose. Sui would likely not be sleeping tonight again if they were here to request more weapons. The Kitsune woman was very dedicated to her work after all.

It was then that she heard a knock on her door and the aforementioned Kitsune woman peeks her head into the room. She wore classic blacksmith's attire with various tools hanging from her belt. Her hair was short and silverish in color, her twin tails and fox ears twitching as she smiles gently over at Morgan. She spoke in a gentle tone but it could never hide the always over abundant energy that she had.

"Hey Morgan. You've been really quiet up here. Are you doing alright?"

She nods, turning to look at her. "Fine. Though I see that your friends from the college are back. Again...."

She blinks at her, seeming surprised. "The College of Avalon is back again? But I just filled an order for them last week....You think maybe they got into something that got some of their equipment broken?"

She shakes her head, her lack of emotion and flat tone of voice making her statements seem more irritated than their actual intention. "I doubt it. Your equipment is strong thanks to that dragonforged technique that you use. They're probably just here for more because they found another fight to pick."

She sighs. "You really shouldn't think so ill of them you know. They're good for business."

"What did you want Sui?"

"I was just wondering if you were hungry or not. You've been up here a while and I just put some meat on the stove. The local fisherman paid for some spare hooks and knives in fish today so we've got plenty of meat now. Do you want some?"

She thinks for a moment before her stomach growls at her quietly, reminding her of her abnormal hunger. She sighs and nods. "I could eat I suppose."

She smiles and nods, her tails wagging. "Alright then! I'll make sure I make you an extra big helping!" She leaves the room and Morgan can hear her steps going downstairs.

Morgan looks back out at the Avalon ship, her eyes sparkling with ever increasing annoyance. Won't these people ever just leave her and Sui alone?

Upon reaching the shop area of the first floor and getting behind the counter to head into the kitchen, she hears the doorbell of her shop and smiles, immediately turning around. "Welcome!" She blinks when she sees no one there and the door seemingly shutting by itself. "Um....Hello?" She looks out over the counter, very confused as to where the prospective customer could have gone.
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 2/14/2019, 1:23 am

Sek'kuar:

As Sher reached the gates of one of the Main Witch-kin strongholds, he's stopped by a couple of guards. She stare him down, look him over, and even circle him a couple times before letting him in. Upon entry, he's greeted with the sight of a bustling cityscape, the while it it looked a bit primal, it was actually fairly advanced. His senses are met with clashing sounds, scents, and sights as the people go about their lives, buying and selling, traveling, and everything else.

His search for Sek'kuar brought him to a small, cabin-like building labeled 'Apotheca Mediciary'. Through the front window he can see a medium height female with red-brown hair and a traditional shaman garments grinding up herbs and mixing away. Her red and yellow eyes quickly scan the ingredients before her as she works fast, almost inhuman. A large deer skull sits on the counter next to her, decorated with bone beads stained red, as well as a multitude of feathers and small gems and flakes of gold.

The inside of the shop smells rather sweet despite it being filled to the brim with jars and vials of powder and other versions of bitter medication for all sorts of ailments. The shamaness bottles the powder that she was working on and passes it to the person at the counter, who leaves a couple of tiles on the counter in exchange before leaving and walking past Sher. 

Sek'kuar goes about cleaning off the counter and straightening up the shop.

Last edited by Luna on 2/18/2019, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

http://Pointsettia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 2/14/2019, 1:00 pm

Michael Creed:

At last, the day had arrived.

The approach of the College vessel had been expected for some time, that much Michael already knew. Their people, few in number as they were, had sensed it approach some time ago, and the reason for its landing was already presumably known. And still, Michael Creed was far from prepared to leave. Their single eye scoured the crystalline chamber that they'd turned into their study over the past few years. Like most others of their people, they weren't particularly materialistic, but they'd needed a safe place to store their current research project. And what better place than the Diamonite Spears? The cluster of crystal towers that towered over its surroundings offered the young Astrogeist a convenient kind of seclusion to maintain their study and was sturdy enough to withstand any storms that Babylon decided to throw at them. But speaking of that project...

They carefully stacked the runeplates of notes they'd already gathered, knowing very well that they'd have a limited amount of time to finish packing before the College of Avalon would be knocking their door down. For the time being, there was little other knowledge that Michael could gain by remaining on Babylon, and the lost history of their people that they'd been pursuing had been pointing to a trek out into the stars for some time. Naturally, of course, Michael was certain that the College would expect something in return from them to compensate for their scholarly pursuits. Admittedly, they knew little of the College's actual duties, aside from it being a prominent school for mysticism in the Greater Mosaic. Briefly, the College had attempted a first contact on Babylon some time ago, but from what Michael had heard, the meeting had been rather anticlimactic for both parties. And since then, the Astrogeists had largely kept themselves out of the spotlight of the Mosaic, having been content with just keeping to themselves.

Michael shuffled around the chamber, once again running through the checklist of items that they'd need for their departure. Hopefully they'd be ready to depart before the other Astrogeists escorted the College's representative to Michael's front door.
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

http://bisharpcreed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 2/15/2019, 3:21 pm

Mari:

“That’s it?  This is worth my trip?!” Mari exclaimed, her gloved hands filled with rusted gold and silver utensils.  “It’s just flatware!”

Gripping the pile of grimy, old material, the anthropomorphic rabbit girl sighed and unzipped the bag hanging from her hips.  A glittery aura eminated from within it, almost like it was backlit from the inside.  She held open the bottom half with one hand and dropped her trophies into the bag with other, an expression of disappointment and disinterest on her face.

Looking around her, hoping her blue eyes would locate something else interesting, she examined the cavern she was in.  It was dark and damp, water dripping from the salty stalactites above her.  Her only light source was a headlight helmet she wore over her long ears and blonde hair.

Walking about and feeling around for more treasures, Mari felt puddles of water forming around her feet, soaking her boots.  “Ugh, seriously?!  This pair promised water protection!  Whatev- wait...”

Lifting up her helmet so her right ear could swivel forward and listen, the rabbit girl could swear she was hearing more water flowing from above her, around a tiny path to the right and down to her level.  Dropping her helmet back down and buckling its clasp around her white-furred chin, she reached back into her bag and withdrew a snorkeling mask.

“Alright, alright.  Looks like things are gonna get more wet than just my boots~”

Before she zipped up her bag, Mari also managed to find a chisel and a hammer pair, rubber banded together so they wouldn’t be too hard to find in that spacious sack of hers!  The explorer then took off to the left of the water coming in, the sound becoming louder.  Quickly, she chiseled away some stalagmites and dropped them behind her, buying her more time and preventing the water from flowing too quickly in her direction.

Scurrying up and around the cave’s twists and turns, using the chisel where she needed to give her a ledge to grab or hold onto, Mari began to hear the water flowing again.  It must’ve been too strong for her makeshift barricade!  Mari only smiled at this minor mishap.  Things were getting interesting.

Climbing over the stones and rocks around her, Mari could smell the waste and sewage drawing near - she was almost out!  The water was picking up speed too, rushing with the speed of a river now tgat there was enough of it.  The rabbit checked her back and saw the splashing waves rising up from beyond the big boulder.  It crashed forward, coming towards her and drenching her boots again.  Mari grinned, sadistically.

She picked up speed, her eyes flicking back and forth from the ground to what was before her.  The sewage smell became stronger and forced the girl to plug her nose with her fingers; at least she had protected her eyes from shrivelling up! Right as the waters began lashing at her legs, she bounced through the destroyed wall of South City’s sewer system and made a break for the true exit.

The cave water dumped into the sewer stream, mixing the foul waste up and forcing it to spill over onto the sides.  Mari hopped from side to side to try and avoid the disgusting liquids, hoping it wouldn’t stain her orange fur!  She sprinted down the last corridor she remembered taking and found the ladder leading up to the slightly opened manhole she’d left.  The light of day leaked through its cracks and Mari was overjoyed, her excitement giving her a boost of energy.

She used this burst to spring up at the metal ladder and cling to a middle rung.  Right as the hideous water splashed her back and tail, Mari scampered up the ladder and shoved open the manhole.  Freedom!

As she was about to kick the mahole back into its righful place, she saw and heard a bright yellow taxi coming straight for her!  With a gasp, she jumped straight up into the air, staying up for as long as the car shot under her!  Angry honking had defeaned her momentarily. That was a close one!  Without much mire hesitation, Mari hastily made her way to a sidewalk and recollected her breath.

Returning all her tools to the special bag she wore, she hustled down the street and started out for her favorite place: the Pawn Shop.

She didn’t happen to notice the massive space ship that had landed on the other side of the City...
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul 2/16/2019, 11:21 am

Sui is answered by a deep, wise, yet melodious voice from below the counter. "Down here, if you please, desu-nyan."

When she looks down, she is met with the sight of a rotund, orange-furred tabby cat wearing a tall, blue wizard's hat, his ears sticking cutely out from the sides and his eyes appearing closed as he looks up at Sui, a pleasant smile on his face and a purr escaping his lips. His body scruches down, becoming blob-like almost as he prepares to jump up onto the counter. As he does so, his girth forces him to cutely scramble with his back paws to let him climb up onto the counter top. He then sits down, now eye-level with Sui, his paw moving up and combing over his ear as he grooms himself.

"Please, allow me to introduce myself. I nyam Professor Elijah J. Weyerbacher, of the College of Avalon, Aura Wake Division. I have been sent here in search of a young woman who may reside nyere, desu-nyan. Is a Miss 'Morgan' at home? It is a rather important subject, that nya-I believe she would be interested in, desu-nyan."

~The Greater Mosaic, Hanwind~

Sher takes in the scents of the small shop, his memory drifting back to times when he needed to rely on Witch-kin medicines. His cheeks raise slightly, as if a small smirk was on his face. Nostalgia really was sweet. As he approaches one of the shelves, he takes a look a the contents of the jar. Without looking at the label, and only going off its scent, he suddenly speaks out.

"Woodworm root, Devil's Bane, Mandragora, and a hint of sage...Classic cure for petrification. However, if the ingredients are off by even the slightest percentage, it will cause the victim to shatter like sandstone. But, judging by the weight and contents of the jar...I'd say this is absolutely flawless."

He sets the jar back where it belongs, sighing before turning to face Sek'Kuar. "You know, before all this, the college actually had its eye on you, Sek'Kuar. Your skills in medicine are well known, even in Helion. The name's Sher. Sher Desudari. I'm a professor at the College of Avalon, and I teach for their Aura Wake Division. I'm here, because we would like to make you an offer...A full scholarship. 15 years, the maximum ride, room, board, and meals all included. Think of it as a chance to study medicine using ingredients not found here on Hanwind...Imagine the good you could do with that knowledge. The races of Hanwind are ancient, and 15 yeas is nothing but the blink of an eye to them. So, interested in joining Aura Wake, and getting some seriously potent spells and recipes?"

"HAHAHA! So this is the surface of Babylon?!" The Frostguardian laughed loudly as he was escorted by two rather large Astrogeists, one with cerulean crystals and the other with bright, yellow ones. The surface was a raging wasteland of storms and dust, with crystal towers jutting forth from the planet's ruined core. In order to survive in the harsh conditions, the Frostguardian seemed to have cloaked his body in a strange veil of blue light, like an aura. Once, it may have been a shining paradise. However, with the maelstrom around the planet and the core becoming a monstrous structure of crystals, nothing remained of such a time. "I must admit, I find something artistic about the constant squalls! It reminds me of the tundras of my home planet!"

The cerulean Astrogeist looks back to the wolf-like being, they're head cocking to the side inquisitively. "Professor Dorian, did you not say your reason for seeing Michael was important? Why do you linger, then? Babylon cannot change and will never change, so you would be missing nothing. The efficiency of flesh organisms is so varied depending on the individual..."

Dorian only laughs, looking to the yellow Astogeist. "I bet you guys are a riot at parties!" He laughs heartily at his own joke, finally responding seriously. "Alright, alright, lead the way then. I just wanted to take in my surroundings. First time on Babylon, you know?"

The yellow Astrogeist does not respond, only inclining its head for the professor to follow them. Soon, they arrived to the Diamonite Spires, a massive cluster of crystal towers that acted as a type of city of sorts for the Astrogeists. In moments, he is lead to one of the massive, crystaline chambers, its entrance sealed by a large door made from two interconnected crystal disk halves.

Dorian smirks, walking up to the crystal door and placing a finger on it. Almost as if the crystals could sense him, they slide open, revealing Michael's chamber. Dorian only glances around, his eyes taking in everything almost instantly as he whistles loudly. "Ah, so this is how the Astrogeists live? Very intriguing! Minimalist, almost as if efficiency was the main drive behind such lodgings. As expected from the famous race of mystic super computers!" He steps forward, looking Michael up and down. Surprisingly, the two stood at equal height due to Dorian's Jotun heritage. He then offers a hand to Michael, his smile unwavering. "My name is Dorian Iron-Sides, and I'm a professor at the College of Avalon. I've been sent by Aura Wake, their advanced fraternity, to offer you a scholarship. Michael, you have the potential to do great things, not just with your research, but with your own power as well. What do you say? The full ride, all 15 years, no charge. Not only that, but you will be a member of one of the most prestigious fraternities in all of Mosaic's mystic academia, Aura Wake! But, its your decision. Interested?"

~The Greater Mosaic, Mobius~

As Mari entered the pawn shop, titled "Sweet Pawns" by a glowing neon sign on top, a bright yellow taxi pulls up as the rotund Necral steps out, turning back and tipping the driver handsomly with four large tiles. "Merci beaucoup, kind sir. Blessings upon you and your family for your magnifique sevice!"

As the driver thanks him earnestly, the Necral turns and smiles, looking the pawn shop before him over. "Apparently, she loves to frequent this place...How pittoresque, like from an old crime movie!~" With a click of his walking stick to the ground, he walks into the shop calmly and casually, pretending to peruse the various jewelry in the display case to his right as he listened to Mari argue with the shop owner.

The owner was a tall, old Goat anthromorph wearing a bright orange zoot suit and matching orange fedora, his eye hidden behind an inspecting glass as he looks over the flatware Mari had brought him. "Hmm....Best I can do is 3 tiles. It'll cost me a finger and a toe to get the rust off this stuff alone, kid."

The Necral smirks, noticing Mari's bag. He could definitely tell what such a thing was. "A Magic tool? Intrigant...." He steps forward, inspecting the rusted gold and silverware with his own eyes as he raises his eyebrow. "My my, such things must have been deep down somewhere to have acquired such wear. You have the air of an explorer about you, mademoiselle. That much I can tell. Yes...You must be Miss Mari, no? Please, allow me to introduce myself. Professor Jacques Pierot, of the College of Avalon, Aura Wake Division." He then takes her hand politely, kissing it lightly before releasing it. "Enchanté. I have come with a proposition from my employer, Arch Mage Neir himself. He would like to offer you a full scholarship with all expenses paid, and membership into the Aura Wake Fraternity, where I happen to teach. Not only will you be able to learn Magic at one of le plus fantastique schools in all Mosaic, but it will also allow you to see sights and experience places the likes of which most explorers only dream of. Untold magical artifacts, rare species, lost worlds, these are all the bread and butter of Aura Wake, mon cher. But, if you require proof..."

He then reaches into his pocket, producing a silver College of Avalon badge. "This speaks louder than any words.~"
Zazul
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 2/24/2019, 7:21 pm

"I've had many a year of practice in the medicinal arts, Sher Desudari." She looks up briefly, before continuing in her clean up. When she finished, Sek'Kuar opened a door in the back and invited him in. The skull on the counter rose up, a green mist forming around it. It eventually takes the shape of a wolf like creature, the skull on its head. It follows the two to the back room, then proceeds to makes tea for them.

"Please, have a seat." The witch-kin pulled a box from a shelf and sets it in front of Sher. "...every tile that ive made since i opened this shop that hasnt gone to keeping it open, has gone into that box. ....funds to go to Avalon."
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 2/24/2019, 9:39 pm

"Naturally. I had been counting the stars waiting for your arrival, professor of Avalon, and they are all accounted for. Thusly, as for your invitation..." Michael finally turns to face Dorian, the tone of their voice almost sounding bored as they spoke. A single knapsack was slung across their chest and it didn't appear that any of the other minimalist belongings Michael held onto were of any particular concern to them. "I've no reason to decline. Building a bridge with the college is practical for both of us, so I shall accompany you. I gain a larger research library while you gain what you call a... Wake Soul, is it? I admit, to have an Astrogeist core be seen as equal to a genuine organic's soul is... a matter that I wish to further explore. But there will much fire and brimstone to pay should this be a ruse for exploitation."

A problem that had been occurring recently on Babylon had been a kind of poaching -- off-worlders would invade the planet in search of Astrogeist cores -- a near-perfect source of magical energy due to being crystallized Life Force Energy, as well as being the "heart" and "brain" of an Astrogeist.. The Hunt had made Michael's people much more wary of visitors, and Michael themself had no intention of lowering their guard. Michael pauses, observing Dorian's hand briefly before carefully clasping their own crystalline hand against it for a handshake. Michael glanced up, speaking again as they pointed a finger towards the west. "We should depart soon -- the Babylon Storm will cross this sector soon, and all organic life-form are ill-advised from remaining in the area unless they wish to be skewere- er, sustain bodily injuries."
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 2/27/2019, 5:25 pm

Mari rolled her eyes and grunted after turning over her rusted wares to the owner, slouching in her stance with frustration.  Once the Necral appeared, however, her ears perked up and she spun around to the tall figure.

She looked him over, half-disgusted, half-intrigued by his appearance, mannerisms and way of speaking.  Granted, she didn't know many aliens... but this one looked... really peculiar.  She noticed him eye her bag, putting her hand on it protectively.

"You've... got the right Mari, yeah.  The treasure hunter," Mari said nervously, talking with her free hand.  It surprised her, however, when the Professor latched onto it and kissed it politely.  She grimaced, explaining, "Might not have been the best thing to do, Prof, heh...  You don't know where I've been!"

She listens to him explain his reason for being here, her eyes widening and zipping around in thought, her hand leaving the side of her bag.  Her mind swam with ideas, confused as to why some college in space chose her to go with all expenses paid?!  Upon looking at the presented badge, Mari knew he wasn't faking it.  The alien representative, the funny accent, the talk of magic and the badge with the fancy insignia?  It had to be real...  right?!

"I mean, I have no idea why your buddies at the School of Hard Wands would want me," she chuckled, gesturing to her filthy attire.  "I don't mind the free stuff, sure, but like, what about me is magical anyway?  Unless you're talking about..."

She looks down at the zipper bag hanging from the side of her hip.  The smooth material was waterproof, adjustable, and had a star pattern around the zipper.  It was really pretty and detrimental to her and her adventures, but... was it really magic that made it work the way it did?  What else could she do, then?!

Mari was too puzzled and confused by this to answer properly.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 2/28/2019, 6:01 pm

Sui simply stares at the fat orange tabby in disbelief, blinking at it with tails twitching behind her. "You're....a talking....Wizard....Cat? That's....not odd at all...." She hears the bit about Morgan and seems even more confused. "Yeah she's here....Hold on, I'll call for her." She turns to the stairs nearby. "Morgan! There's a cat here to see you! Says he's from the college!" She calls out loudly.

A few moments later, she comes down the steps in her casual wear, looking over and spotting the cat. "I heard you say that a cat was here to speak with me but....I didn't think it was actually true."

Sui puts her hands on her hips. "You think I would lie to you about a talking cat? Come on now, I've earned more trust from you than that."

Morgan sighs and walks up to the counter next to Eli, leaning onto the counter and staring at Eli and his hat. "So, what does a fat tabby like yourself want with some dead girl all the way out here? I don't have any interest in learning Sui's craft so there's no way of speeding up whatever order you have to ask for."

Sui shakes her head. "He said what he had to ask you about was something you personally would be interested in so I don't think that's it."

Morgan looks at Sui, surprised. "Really now...." She turns back to Eli. "And what could the esteemed and generous College of Avalon have to offer me that I could possibly want? You must know that there's very little in this world that actually interests me enough to care about or even to leave Port Canalev for." Though her voice is brash, it hides a natural curiosity with what the feline professor could possibly want to offer her.
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul 3/1/2019, 10:15 am

The cat seems to incline his head, as if he was trying to remember something. "Orders? Nyow, nyow! The College has faith in Miss Sui's talents. We are in no rush on any of our orders and encourage her to take all the time she needs, desu-nyan. No, the reason I came here was because I have been given the privilege by Arch Mage Neir to invite you to study at the College of Avalon. A full scholarship, all expenses paid, of course, desu-nyan.~"

He gets up and trots over to her, plopping cutely onto his stomach and tucking his legs under his stomach as he relaxes on the desk calmly, a purr rumbling out as if he didn't have a care in the world. "We can offer you not only this, but also membership into the illustrious Aura Wake fraternity. With this, you will gain access to certain magics and knowledge that many Mages in Mosaic would consider unheard of. Perhaps even secrets into certain arts....arts involving the Inferno and undeath..." His ears twitch slightly. "Perhaps that would interest you, desu-nyan?"

~Greater Mosaic, Hanwind~

Sher looks at the box and his cheeks raise slightly as his eyes soften. There was quite the large number of tiles present. Surely, enough for a ship to Avalon. He then kindly takes the box and closes it, speaking softly as he does. "Then, you'll be pleased to know your efforts won't go to waste. You can keep those tiles for yourself, and use it to purchase anything you may need. When I said the full ride, I meant all expenses are paid. Even the ride there. But, we won't be taking a ship..."

The Celestian reaches into his hoodie pocket and produces a scroll bound in what appeared to be purple, constantly-shifting ribbon. "This scroll contains a Temporal Warp spell. It will teleport the two of us directly to the College in one shot. However, its a once and done use. So, any belongings you want to bring, you better grab them. Once I use this, the only way you'll be able to get back to Hanwind will be if you get a ship from Avalon."

He then places his hands back in his pockets, his eyes still smiling warmly. "So, take your time and let me know when you're ready."

Dorian's eye widen when he hears Michael mention the Babylon Storm, a smile forming on his face as he looks outside the chamber and out to the west, seeing the clouds rolling forward. "Oh boy!~ I wish I could stay and see it! I'm a bit of a lover of extreme environments, so I'd love to test my mettle against such a storm!~ My warding magic is my pride, after all! Alas...I don't have the luxury of trying today."

He looks to Michael and produces a small scroll from his pocket, the paper bound in a purple ribbon that shifted like an aurora light. "Come, Michael Creed! Avalon awaits!~" He then steps forward and places a hand on Michael's shoulder. He then breaks the purple seal on the scroll and a bright light escapes from it. In what appears to be a flash, the two are engulfed and disappear, leaving not even a single trace.

When the white light dies down, Michael finds himself in front of what appears to be a large set of stained glass gate doors in front of a massive, white stone wall that stretched for what appeared to be a good 5 blocks on either side of the surrounding cityscape of Avalon City, capital of Planet Avalon and home of the College. Dorian releases his grip on Michael's shoulder and walks over to the glass gates. On it appeared to be several spell seals, most likely defensive magics ingrained into the gates to keep the College safe. As he places his hand on the gate, the seals glow and slowly creak open, revealing the College itself. "Welcome to the College of Avalon...or as we call it...'College City!'" Indeed, the inside of the College was a massive city, aglow with neon lights from Magic-powered signs above shops and classroom buildings. And, at the very back of this massive district dedicated to the Mystic arts, sat the massive white towers of the College of Avalon's main campus. Dorian then points to the three shining pillars, looking to Michael as he does. "See that? The Aura Wake Dorms are on the main campus! That's where we're headed! Try not to get overwhelmed!~"

Prof. Pierot smirks, simply using his cane to point at her bag. "Allow me to explain, then. That bag, it is a Magic Tool, you see. A Temporal Pocket Bag. Magic Tools are a very precarious thing...basic ones can be used by any Mage worth their salt. But, that bag in particular...I can tell from looking at it that it is not basic in the slightest. Such things will only work if the right Mage touches them...However, they all have one thing in common. Only Mages can use them. Since you can use such a tool, even though you may not know any magic yet, this is a sign that you are a mage, like me!~"

He steps back bounces his cane off the ground, catching it as he offers his hand to her. "The College can help you discover your magic, help you refine it, and make you into a proper Mage! With such skills, the treasures you hunt now will be like child's play compared to what you will be capable of doing!~ Come, Miss Mari! Join the College, and take the first steps on your road to a truly magnifique future!~"
Zazul
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 3/11/2019, 7:43 am

"...What of your ship?" Michael asks, not immediately acknowledging the new surroundings nor the passerby pedestrians who pointed and stared at them. Aside from that question, the Astrogeist found the spell seals on the gates of particular interest. Clearly, they were potent arcana indeed, doubtless the highest quality that Avalon could afford to cast. Michael glanced down at the bag they were carrying, ensuring their research was intact from the trip. Though it would take a few more seconds for the Astrogeist to reorient themselves in relation to the galaxy, Michael did slowly begin to take in the actual architecture of the College. It wasn't something they particularly cared for, though clearly, no expense had been spared for the College's elaborate extravagance. With their internal cosmic compass now reconfigured, Michael finally let their single eye rest upon the pillars Dorian mentioned.

"I am ready to embark when you are, Professor."
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 3/11/2019, 1:32 pm

Sek'Kuar moved about the shop, placing items in her bag ranging from ingredients to completed remedies and other basic items. The skulled spirit also moved about, storing more important items within itself; every recipe book the shop owned, the incredibly rare materials, and all of it's master's fortune telling equipment. The witch-kin scowerd every inch of the shop, making sure she had everything she wanted to bring. Finally, she placed a sign in the shop window.

'Closed until further notice.'

Sek turned to Sher, slinging her bag of holding over her shoulder and nodding. The spirit dissipated as she placed the skull over her eyes, her left eye turning a bright pink. 

"I'm ready to go when you are."
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 3/21/2019, 10:32 am

Morgan listens to the strange cat wizard’s proposal, her eyes narrowing upon hearing about the knowledge she was being offered. There was no doubt then; they probably knew what she wanted. “Sui? Why don’t you go get that dinner ready. I’m going to talk to Eli alone.”

Sui nods, smiling. “I’ll put a bit of extra fish on for our friend then. Even if it’s stereotypical, fish is still good for you.” She bounds off, the crashing of pots and pans denoting her clumsy antics in the kitchen followed by her yelling ‘I’m okay! Ow....”

Morgan then looks to Eli, Sui now out of earshot. “Secrets about the inferno and undeath? Please do tell me professor; just how much do you know about me? Do you know what I’d be after if I went to your school? Do you know what I am? Or even what my kind is like? I’ve hurt and killed others for food before Professor....You’re sure this is a risk your college is willing to take?”
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 3/21/2019, 10:10 pm

Mari's mind began to spin with questions she'd been asking herself for years!  Ever since this bag came into her life, she'd never traded it, sold it, lost it or dared to damage it.  It was the only thing she ever cared to keep clean, aside from herself!  It was hard to remember the era of her life without such a 'Magic Tool,' as this man had referred to it.

Was that why it was so convenient for her?  Was that the reason others could not withdraw a single object from this particular pouch?  It was all some kind of Magic?

The offer still took Mari off guard.  If she were to go, she might not ever return to this life, this planet again.  On the contrary, what was she to this world?  A silly little treasure tracking bunny who wanted to escape being a slave to a world of corporate and dull, meaningless existence... someone who wanted to avoid using all her time and effort to be rewarded with less than what she was worth... someone who wanted to live life without a care in the world, and be treated like the queen she felt she was meant to be!

"Oh, sorry for the delay, Mister 'Ro!  Just kinda, you know, doing what smart people do when they go to a college or whatever... thinking about my priorities?  Heh," she mused, taking off her gloves and holding them in her left hand.  "And now that I've done and considered your offer, I'm definitely game to leave this dump behind!"

Clapping her hand hard against his open palm, her grin wide and her eyes bright, she said to him, "You've got yourself a deal."
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul 4/15/2019, 10:06 pm

~The Helion System, Avalon, College City~

Dorian laughs heartily at the Astrogeist's question about his ship. "Oh, not to worry! The College's ships have autopilot functions. It will return to the main campus in a few hours. Now, lets go get you squared away, good Michael!"

The Frostguardian Mage lead Michael through the winding city streets, the lack of vehicles in College City surprising at first, until one looked overhead and saw that all vehicles on Avalon flew overhead in massive, hologram-marked sky ways, hovering via mysto-tech propulsion devices on the bottoms that relied on gravity and magnetism spells. "As you can see, the College of Avalon is probably the largest, if not one of the three largest, institutes for the Mystic Arts in all Mosaic. With the rise of the Mystic Revolution at the end of the Insurgency War some 200 years or so ago, the College was forced to expand outside of its main campus, and so was able to acquire an entire city district from the Avalonian Senate themselves."

As they walked, he continued explaining the College's history, the two passing various shops that sold numerous different magical devices. There were weapon shops, stores that sold tomes and scrolls, even department store-like establishments that sold not only high-end Mystic armors and robes, but also the latest in Mage-style fashions and accessories. There were even numerous Apothecary shops and healing houses. However, some of the buildings' signs stated things that made no sense for a shopping district, such as "Advanced Warding 101", or "High Elemental Control". Dorian inclines his head to each of the signs.

"See, in College City, there aren't just shops, stores and restaurants. Many of these buildings are also class rooms and study halls, since the main campus can't house so many students. There are also numerous apartment buildings and offices here, for students that wish to start businesses and reside permanently in College City despite graduating or dropping out. Above all else, College City is a haven for Mages of all kinds, just as the first Arch Mage, Arch Mage Amphetrion, wanted.~" He looks back to Michael and smiles at the Astrogeist. "Of course, Aura Wake's classes and dorm rooms are naturally on the main campus, where you guys can access the College's many resources more easily. So, any questions so far?"

~The Greater Mosaic, Hanwind~

Sher's right cheek raises slightly, as if he was smirking. "Quite the handy familiar you have there. I'm sure you're gonna fit right in at the College. Lets go." With that, he opens the scroll as a flash of light slowly envelops him and Sek'Kuar. When her vision returns, She finds herself standing at the same spot Michael had been transported to previously, right in front of the College gates. Sher steps forward, taking in a deep breath of Avalonian air as he closes his eyes and then slowly opens them.

"Ah, home sweet home. Well, Sek'Kuar, this is it. Welcome to College City, home of the one and only College of Avalon, foremost school of the Mystic Arts here in Mosaic!~" He holds his arms out, showing her the full horizon that was College City. He then points ahead at the three ivory towers of the College main campus. "Over there is where we're headed. Aura Wake's dorm, as well as all of your classes, will be taught there. Lets get a move on. I'm sure my brother, Arch Mage Neir, is eager to meet you and the other prospects....if he isn't running around like a nervous chicken with his head cut off in his library, like always." With that, he begins walking towards the campus, motioning his head as if to tell Sek'Kuar to follow him. As they walked, he began going over the different buildings in College City, as well as their functions, similarly to how Dorian had been with Michael. "...and of course, there are also restaurants, arcades, hotels, a casino, even an amusement park, all here in College City. Its probably the safest place for a Mage in all Mosaic, besides Blackwald University on Rapture or Radiance Academy on Silvana-Prime Station."

The rotund cat then pads his way over to Morgan, plopping himself down in front of her and looking her directly in the eye, despite his own eyes appearing shut.

"Nya-I am well aware of nyour...'condition'...as is Arch Mage Neir and the other members of nya-our staff. However, there is only one way for someone like nyou....a Forsaken....to come into existence....Someone or something cursed nyou, and we are offering our help in locating them and discovering the secret to freeing nyou from said curse, desu-nyan. Although, if you prefer to continue alone, nyou are free to do so. Although, nya-I'm curious...Just what kind of leads do nyou have to go on? Also, do nyou have access to Infernal knowledge, or knowledge of curses? Perhaps an ancient tome that can tell you the secrets you so desire?"

A small, cheeky smile forms on his face. "Nya-I think you know the answer to that...Let us help nyou, Miss Morgan. As for nyour...urges...our medical staff has already developed something that should help nyou with nyour more powerful urges for....sweeter meats. Nyall and nyall, I see no reason to reject nya-our offer. Nyou have everything to gain, and nyothing to lose, desu-nyan."

Prof. Pierot's eyes light up as he kisses the tips of his own fingers, as if to accentuate his happiness at her answer. "Ah, comme c'est magnifique! How magnificent! Thank you, Miss Mari, thank you kindly! I promise, you shall not regret this decision! A whole new world is about to open for you, mon chérie!~"

With that, he produces his own scroll and shows it to her. "This scroll is a magic spell scroll that will transport us directly to the College, via Temporal Warp spell. If you are ready to go now, we can leave immediately. If not, I can surely call us a cab so we might go and collect your belongings before we depart. D'une manière ou d'une autre, this will be the fastest way to get us to the College. I feel a dazzling urbanite such as yourself will take well to life in College City, home of the College's main campus! It is truly a mecca for all Mage-kind! A hub of modern culture and mystic knowledge, cascading together into a melting pot of mesmerizing proportions! C'est vraiment incroyable, it is truly incredible!~"
Zazul
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 4/17/2019, 11:22 am

Morgan listens to Eli’s explanation, her eyes narrowing and her arms crossing. She couldn’t deny that he was right. She had nothing at this current point in time. Even the remains of her old town had held nothing for her. She wasn’t good at memory or scrying magicks so she never could figure out what had happened to the town the day she’d been cursed. She had very few memories of being in that town. Nothing of her family or old friends had remained within her mind. The only thing she could remember was the screaming and....a huge magical circle. She had explored a little alchemy but even Port Canalev and Chance City’s libraries held little information about her situation. Her only salvation had been in communicating with the Talaran God of Light; Headon. He had gifted her with the necklace she wore: something that controlled her appetite enough to make her feel at least semi-normal. But normal magical healing never worked on her, poisons and harming spells being the only thing that ever helped her.

If what this cat was saying was true, their medical staff had access to blood, harming spells and other things that she needed to keep herself alive. If she went with them, she would likely be visiting these people often. “....Fine. Professor, right?” She finally spoke, glancing towards the kitchen. She didn’t want to leave Sui here all alone but Sumire still came around to see her every once in a while so the clumsy blacksmith would be alright....right? She looks back at Eli. “If everything you say is true, I would be a fool to tell you no. And so I won’t. But my warnings are genuine. I won’t be responsible if my appetite gets the better of me and I hurt one of your students or staff. And you must instruct them to never touch this pendant around my neck. It aids in controlling my kinds ‘urges’ as you call them. If I were to take it off, within 24 hours I would be hungry enough to start killing others and devouring them just to feed myself. And I won’t hesitate to do it either. I want to survive....” Her grip tightens on her arms. “....The one responsible for doing this to me....He will die by my hands for what he did to me and my town....Mark my words.” She takes a breath and lets it out through her nose. “That being said, it would be rude to leave without eating first. Sui works hard enough as it is. We’ll eat dinner here in a few moments and then we can leave for the college. I’ll go with you. Let me go and pack in the meantime so that I’m ready to go.”

With that said, she turns around and heads back upstairs. She collects what looks like a small satchel that had various compartments on it for things and a larger pouch that was supposed to rest on her back. The whole satchel appeared to be meant to be slung around her shoulder tightly so that she had easy access to everything except the larger pouch on the back. She didn’t have too much to pack: a few changes of clothes, some extra vials for blood, poisons and some harming spell potions (her version of cure potions). She slides her black leather jacket and fingerless gloves onto her person before settling the satchel into place. Next, she picked up an older, worn spellbook that had gotten blood on it multiple times. The book had chains to hold it to her hip and around her waist as she attached it there, the book itself bearing a bloodied skull on the front. Finally, she picked up her rapier: a gift from Sui a while ago. It had a simple gold crested and wooden sheath with a dragon’s head for a guard, the hilt resting in the dragon’s mouth. The rapier itself was forged in Sui’s special dragon-forging technique; the blade stronger than normal steel and twice as magical. A small pipette-like vein ran down the center of the rapier; a device that would allow Morgan to siphon blood from herself or enemies to use to fuel her magical spells. She straps this weapon to her other hip securely before taking a breath. This was it. She was ready.

She returns downstairs to see that Sui had already laid out food for both herself and Eli, a bloody, slightly seared piece of meat laid out for Morgan. Sui sees Morgan’s old traveling gear and looks a little saddened. “You must have accepted whatever offer he gave you....huh?”

Morgan nods, walking over and leaning against the counter to eat the food. “Yes, I’m going with him to attend the college. His offer was too good to turn down. I would be a fool to refuse him.”

Sui nods. “I thought so. You....haven’t worn all of that stuff since Keigan died....”

She halts her eating, her eyes misting over a little. Keigan was her old boyfriend and a crazy bard who understood her urges and helped her to kill so that she could stay alive. He had died when some adventurers had come along and fought with them; their actions having been demoted as evil. “Yes....I’m aware....”

Sui smiles a little. “You still look as good as ever in them.” Her eyes light up a little. “Wait! I’ve got just the thing for you to take with you! One sec!” She goes behind the counter and retrieves a small, dusty blue orb and holds it out to Morgan. “Here. If you ever miss home, you can just use this. My orb is already linked to it so we can talk anytime!”

Morgan looks the orb over for a moment before taking it and settling it into a pouch of her satchel. “Thank you Sui. I’m gonna miss you.”

Sui grins a little. “Just remember that I’m the only one who should get to work on that rapier of yours okay? Just come back anytime you need maintenance for it! I’ll always make time for you.”

Morgan smiles a little and nods, finishing her food. “I will, don’t worry.” She sets her plate to the side and looks to Eli. “I’m all ready to go now Professor. Take me to this college of yours.”
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 4/19/2019, 10:41 am

The rabbit’s ears perked up when Pierot withdrew the warp scroll.  The dusty smell of parchment and ink filled her nose, exciting her like finding an old and valuable book.  “This piece of paper can get us there?!  You’re kidding!”

His compliments certainly worked wonders on her, her mind buzzing about with the idea of exploring new lands and seeing all the sights this alien city had to offer.  However, a fleeting moment of hesitation swept over her.  There was only one thing - or rather, one person - that came to her mind, now.  If it weren’t for him, she would have been gone mere seconds ago.

“Will I... be able to come back here?  Like, it’s a school, so there’s things like break, right?” she asked, not wanting to admit her reason for asking such a thing.  “O-Otherwise, I’m b-beyond ready, my dude!”

Flashback:
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 4/21/2019, 12:05 am

"Several. But few that are relevant." Michael examined the various assortments of buildings. Admittedly, the array of amenities that the college had acquired were vast and respectable, more than easily proving its pedigree as a top institution for arcane studies. Michael placed a crystalline hand to their chin area, as though in thought; by now their systems had fully recalibrated in relation to his new surroundings. Perhaps that would be a concern, if teleportation magic were to be commonplace. In such events, Michael would be largely incapable of complex actions for several minutes until their galactic positioning had pinpointed themselves.

The Astrogeist turned to the professor, finally finding a question to ask. "How does Avalon College compare with the other colleges? And, the repository of knowledge I have concerning Souls, let alone Wake Souls, is rather scarce... Your input would be greatly demande- er, appreciated."
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 5/1/2019, 2:56 pm

Sek'Kuar listened to Sher's explanation of the school and its surrounding areas as she looked up at the sky. This was finally her time to learn some new skills and maybe find new ways and ingredients for medications. 

"There would be a way for me to return home sometimes, right?" She asked cautiously. "...i do run the doctors office in my village, so i cannot be gone for too long at a time."

The witchkin cared for her people, and certainly cared for her craft. The more she learned, the better care she could to provide. Not just to other witchkin, but to everyone.
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul 7/8/2019, 9:39 am

~College City, Avalon~

Dorian laughs, a grin forming on his wolfish muzzle. "Curious about the Soul, are you? Well, that's only to be expected. The College actually offers full courses in Soul Studies, as well as things like what we Mages are and how we fit in this universe. 'Soul Gazing 101', a required course for all Aura Wake students. The teacher is actually none other than our Dean of Staff, the foremost expert on Soul Magic, The Realm of Magnus, and the workings of the energies of our Mosaic Cloud, Savanos Narn!"

He then begins to ponder, thinking about Michael's other question about how the College compares to the other Schools of Mosaic. He brings a hand up to his chin, petting the fur there as he thinks. "Well, when it comes to how powerful the Mages that teach at each school is...its a tie between our College of Avalon and Rapture's Blackwald University for the Dark Arts. However, that's mostly because the Radiance Academy of Healing Arts, the third School here in Helion, keeps to itself does not compete against us. When it comes to who has a better curriculum, its really hard to say. Each School tailors the student's lessons to best fit their own path as a Mage, so you would have to go by the individual feelings of each Mage student at each school. However...its my own personal belief that we, the College of Avalon, are the best. After all, just look at the mecca built around it! Yes, Blackwald is large. Its a massive Mausoleum the size of a small moon, stuck smack dab under Rapture's north pole, but it isn't a city, more like a Necropolis, or massive tomb. And the Radiance Academy is still the smallest of the three, only having around ten buildings or so on its campus. All in all, you will find a much larger amount of diversity here at the College.~"

"Of course its diverse. After all, we have strange characters like you here!" A voice interrupt. Dorian then turns around, seeing Sher and Sek'Kuar now approaching the gate as well. "Good to see you found your student, Dorian.~"

"Sher! You grizzled old lion!~" The two Professors step forward and bump wrists together, indicating that they were at least of friendly terms. "Any word from the others?"

The Celestian sighs, scratching his head. "Nope, we actually just got back, ourselves. I was just about to explain to Sek'Kuar here that there are ways to go back to her home world if she wishes and that the College allows students to come and go freely when I saw you gawking at the gate like usual. Though, if I know my wife, she's probably already arrived with her student in tow..."

Dorian raises one eyebrow. "Aurora? But she was sent to Iciaura, probably the furthest away than any of us. You really think she'll be able to convince the old Law Patriarch to part with his boy?"

Sher nods, his eyes sparking. "You know my Aurora...she's stubborn as hell, and has no idea what the words 'Give up' even mean. A trait she passed on to our son..."

Dorian laughs loudly. "Aye." He then looks to Sek'Kuar and Michael. "Arthur is Sher's son, and another member of the group you guys have been brought here to form. He's a good lad, though. Reminds me of myself, back in my youth!~"

Sher then sighs, placing his hands in his pockets. "I really wish we had done what Pierot and Eli did...Why did we ask for our scrolls to send us to the City and not the Campus again?"

Dorian laughs loudly, slapping his thigh. "Ever the lazy king of the plains, eh?~ Because you and I agreed it would be best to show our students some of the city first! Remember, Pierot fluffs himself up with finery and Eli is getting on in years. Those two aren't built for long walks through the city."

~Talarus~

Eli purrs contently, hopping down from his perch and landing with grace surprising for his chunky build. He then pads over to an open space in the room and plops himself down on his hind legs. He then cutely reaches his front paws up to his head, taking off his little blue wizard's hat and reaching inside it. From it, he retrieves a scroll similar to what Pierot and the other teacher had brought with them. Placing his hat back on top of his head, Eli then opens the scroll with his nose, his own eyes flashing with light before the scroll does as well. Instead of instantly transporting him, Eli's scroll seems to open a portal of purple and pink undulating light. "Nyow, then, I used my Transmutation Magic to change the properties of the Spell Formula in this scroll, turning it from an instant transportation spell nyinto a portal spell.~ Such things, though...are a mere taste nyof whats nyou can learn from us. Shall we, desu-nyan?~"

With that, the rotund cat enters the portal. The way he had reconstructed the spell seal within, it would disappear the minute Morgan stepped through to the College on the other side.

Pierot nods, smiling compassionately at the young woman. "I take it you have a dear friend, or perhaps un amoureux?~ Fear not, mon cher, there are ways for you to return home whenever you please! The College is an incroyablement flexible, incredibly flexible place. All exams are administered individually, not as a whole class. This way, students may make up for missed lessons on their own time. Once we are there, you will learn about these ways. The best part...it will not cost you a single Shard.~ Now then, Miss Mari, on y va? Étaient hors! We're off!~"

With a wave of his hand he throws the scroll over his and Mari's heads, placing a hand on her shoulder as he then thrusts his cane upwards and hits the scroll with it. In a bright, white flash, the two disappear, having been transported directly to the College of Avalon.

~The College of Avalon, Great Entrance hall~

"INCOMIIIIIIIING!"

A student yelled as Pierot and Mari flash in. Luckily, the Necral puts a hand on the young woman's back and makes he duck, a large object suddenly whizzing over their heads and smashing into a nearby wall with a loud crash. When Pierot allows Mari up, she finds herself inside a massive hall made from a strange, golden marble-like stone that was lit with large, torch-like crystals that seemed to float in the air magically. All around them, the stone had been carved into great works of art depicting powerful Mages of eras past, as well as various glass windows stained with images of great elementals and powerful deities in battle with Demons and various Monsters in numerous different settings.

The object that flew over her head revealed itself to be the Mercer, his robes slightly disheveled and his hat now crooked on his head as he slowly tries to get up, having made a crater in the wall. All around them, students seemed to be watching with mixtures of concern for Mercer, and what looked like amusement at the show going on before them. One of the students, a Pauli, then can be heard talking to his friend, a Frostguardian High Elf, nearby about the situation. "Looks like that new guy ticked Professor Rothbart off...only one way somebody can do that..."

As if to answer his statement, Aurora suddenly storms into the scene, the students parting ways as what appears to be a deep, crimson aura radiating a feeling of death, rage and pestilence seems to flow off her body, her eyes comically burning with anger. "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU CALLING 'OLD', YOU DISRESPECTFUL LITTLE STINKER!?"

Mercer shakes his head, slowly getting up and growling loudly before doing something that makes every student in the room gasp. "YOU, YA GROUCHY FELINE! YOU ONLY LOOK LIKE THAT BECAUSE YOU GOT ENOUGH AURA ENERGY PUMPING THROUGH YOU TO LIGHT A FUCKIN' CITY! YOU EVEN GOT A KID THAT'S DAMN NEAR MY AGE!"

Pierot chuckles nervously. "Apologies, Miss Mari...that would be one of your teachers, like myself. Professor Aurora Rothbart, Professor of Demonology, Infernal Studies and History, and Demonic Curses. She's our school's leading expert in all things Warlock...but she has a very volatile temper...especially when it comes to her age..."

Aurora suddenly storms past the two, grabbing Mercer by the throat and lifting him comically off the ground. "Any last words before I send you to meet you Iciaurian gods?"

Suddenly, Pierot's hand rests on her shoulder, causing her aura to die down slightly. "Please, calm yourself, Miss Aurora...I'm sure the young man was simply making an observation upon seeing Arthur and finding out he is your son. It is a mistake many would make, to be sure~. Please, you know your husband would scold you if he saw you letting loose your rage like this, mon amie."

Aurora lets out a loud huff before dropping Mercer comically onto his ass. "Oh, all right...but only because I don't want Sher to complain...Gods of all the Pantheons know he puts up with enough from me already." She glares daggers at Mercer. "You're off the hook...for now..."

Mercer grumbles, rubbing his rear as he does so.

Suddenly, Aurora's entire demeanor seems to do a complete 180 as she turns around and smiles happily at Mari, her tail swishing back and forth like an excited house cat. "You must be one of the new students for the team my Arthur is going to be on!~ Oh, it is a pleasure to meet you! I'm Aurora Rothbart, a professor here at the College! But, I'm sure Jacky here already told you that!~"

Pierot chuckles when she calls him Jacky. "A pet name for me..."

As Aurora starts gushing over introducing herself to Mari, a portal opens nearby as Eli and Morgan step out, the door of light closing behind them as suddenly as it appeared. "Nya-it appears that we have arrived, Desu-nyan."

Almost immediately as Morgan appears, the far doors leading outside open, letting Sher and Dorian with Michael and Sek'Kuar stride together into the great hall. Dorian takes a deep breath before bellowing out into the echoing halls. "HOME SWEET HOME!!~"

Sher sighs. "I get it...you love the acoustics in this place...unfortunately, my ears don't share your sentiments, Dorian..."

The minute Aurora spots Sher, darts right past Mari and tackles him into a big bear hug, nearly knocking him over. "BAAAABYYYYY!~"

Sher stumbles back, nearly falling over as he stutters. "A-Aurora! NOT IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS!"

Watching the scene from one of the upper levels of the hall, Arthur seems to sigh with embarrassment as Noah and Theresa stand with him. "My parents..."

Noah chuckles, smiling pleasantly. "They seem really nice! I can't wait to start learning from them. Should we go down and meet the others?"

Arthur nods, looking to Theresa. "So, will you be in charge of showing us around this year?"

Theresa shakes her head. "No, I believe Alvin will be looking out for your team..."

Arthur seems surprised. "But...Alvin's more than just an S-Rank like you, Morpheus and Rex...He's..."

Theresa nods, looking down at the group of new arrivals below. "Yes...Arch Mage Neir's personal apprentice."

Meanwhile, in the rafters far above the students, what appears to be a tree branch is growing out from the wood beams spider-webbing the ceiling above. Hanging upside-down in it is a male Witchkin with a youthful, boyish face, shaggy blonde hair, blue whips-like tattoos on the sides of his cheeks, and a blue hooded robe with leather straps going across his chest. He wore blue jean pants and what looked like sandals designed for hiking in the woods, his toes wiggling aimlessly as he swings back and forth while he looks down and watches the students. In his hand, he holds what looks like a shiny, ruby red apple, which he brings up to his mouth. With a loud, juicy crunch, he bites into the fruit, chewing before spitting a small bit out to his left.

"Sour..."
Zazul
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy 7/8/2019, 11:05 am

Morgan did indeed step through the portal, her eyes widening quietly as she witnessed everything that was happening as she appeared. She shifts her bag on her shoulder, letting out a breath. So this was the college? She watches the two teachers embrace each other, blinking at it. It made her heart ache slightly at the sight of it, her head turning away from it as she looks down at Eli. “What do we do from here Professor? I’d rather not stand around for very long. Especially if those two are going to continue on like that....” She grimaces a little, her eyes returning to the happy couple only to make her avert her eyes once again. Why was her heart twinging like this so badly? It had been a long time since she had been with Keigan. Why did it still hurt so much? She takes a breath and looks around at the others who had also arrived to the college. She could tell a few of them weren’t teachers but none of them really piqued her interest as far as wanting to chat with them. She wasn’t much of a social person to begin with but the combination of the affections between the two teachers and the unfamiliarity of her surroundings just made her....almost uncomfortable. She preferred her solitude over everything else. It was much easier to deal with being around others if she had a place to escape and be alone. But at the current moment, she did not have such a place.
ShadowFantasy
ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 7/22/2019, 7:56 pm

Mari flinched and her cheeks brightened when Pierot confirmed her ability to return home whenever she felt it necessary. She blinked a few more times after he explained tuition would be free! Nothing this good was for free - there had to be a catch!

She shut her eyes tightly as he threw the billowing scroll over the two of them. By the time she felt the fabric touch her ears, the sensation changed. As if her whole body was overcome by a fuzzy tingling and numb feeling, she was suddenly forced down by the esteemed school teacher’s hand and crouched to the hard, smooth floors beneath her. It wasn’t the dry, crunchy carpet of the pawn shop, anymore…

She finally, nervously opened her eyes and slowly spun around to take everything in around her. “My, oh my… Ya’ll are loaded!” she smirked, her blue eyes shining with greed.

Before she could gawk more, Mercer spoke up, drawing her attention to the Iciaurian. Mari scanned the skunk for information - he looked fresh, and sounded furious. Her first impression of him was that he needed to really check his anger at the door. No need to scream when you can slay with what looked like a literal book on his person… if it was indeed a dictionary or something nerdy.

She nodded to Pierot as he apologized on the other Professor’s behalf, also judging the feline lady before them, before and after being calmed by ‘Jacky.’ She was quite immature for her age, but that didn’t stop her from exuding profound pressure. Was this the magical energy she was told about? Why did it feel so.. different when she formally turned around and introduced herself, as opposed to when she was screaming at Mercer?

Mari then takes this chance to stride over to Mercer, the ‘victim’ in this incident. Leaning over with a playful smirk, she moved a hand from her hips to in front of him, offering to help him up. “How the hell’d she launch you across the room like that? Please tell me it was with that fluffy tail of hers. That’d be hilarious.”
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 9/21/2019, 11:34 am

Up on one of the high balconies, face buried in a book, was Katarina. She had her white hood up, and her feathered ears twitching about. The sudden noise below alerted the Nighthalzen to new people. Ruffling out her feathered cape, she peered over the edge of the balcony in minor annoyance as she looked over the newest recruits.  The bird-like girl looked off to her left, rolling her eyes. 

"No, they can't see us. I'd rather wait for them to calm down before introducing myself to them." Her gaze moves to her right. "I know, I'll meet them eventually, I just dont want to right now. I have studying I need to do. ....Okay, that was rude Urwi." She shuts her book and sighs, hopping off the balcony to the floor down below. "I'm not a nerd..."

Kat's Nighthalzen form, astralized:

Sek'Kuar stared around the room in utter amazement, baffled by the size of this place. There were students everywhere of all races and magic types! It was hard for her to hide the smile on her face, which quickly faded as several new students had also entered with their retrieval teachers. She waved a simple greeting, just so she wasnt rude and semingly ignoring them.
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 10/15/2019, 1:09 pm

The single eye of the Astrogeist swept the new room carefully, momentarily looking past all of the others that had assembled -- none of them appeared to be an immediate threat, so far as his situation informed him. It'd be a better use of his time to scan and understand the environment he'd been taken to, for the moment. The Great Hall certainly lived up to its name, though Michael was certain the probability was high that his main interests would lie elsewhere on the campus.

He folded his rock-like arms across his chest, silently continuing his analysis of the everything -- the materials in the walls, the historical influences in decoration, even the overall potency of magical energy. There was... a lot to unpack here, it seemed. But Michael was unbothered by that -- after all, he was a scholar, and he intended to learn all that he could.
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down