NewGeneforce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Affiliates
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 144 on 4/12/2021, 3:11 am
Latest topics
» A Kingdom Built on the Trust of Slaves
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty6/13/2021, 8:21 pm by Genesis

» [BtTG] Rainbow Ruination
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty2/11/2021, 4:48 pm by Star Phoenix

» Myrr Saga: War of the Infernals
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty2/11/2021, 2:55 pm by Zazul

» [Fakemon] Solo Adventure: Storming Lore (Zazul/Luna RP)
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty12/10/2020, 10:41 pm by Zazul

» [My Hero Academia] Symbols of Justice
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty10/11/2020, 4:18 pm by Zazul

» Geneforce Chronicles: Psychic Warfare.
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty7/14/2020, 9:46 am by Genesis

» The Human/Demon Cultural Exchange Program
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty6/10/2020, 10:43 am by Genesis

» [My Hero Academia] Rise of the New Generation!
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty6/7/2020, 3:37 pm by Star Phoenix

» His Daughter's Tower
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty6/7/2020, 3:29 pm by Star Phoenix

» [My Hero Academia] SAVE School: My Villain Academia
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty6/2/2020, 6:49 am by Star Phoenix

» Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty5/22/2020, 10:43 am by Maxwell

» The God-Killer Chronicles
Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty3/28/2020, 9:22 pm by Star Phoenix

Statistics
We have 44 registered users
The newest registered user is Minniboe

Our users have posted a total of 15952 messages in 324 subjects
Gallery

Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty

Broken Genesis

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Broken Genesis - Page 2 Empty Re: Broken Genesis

Post by Maxwell 5/14/2012, 7:52 am

O_O o...m....g.... Moar. I must read more! That was the greatest thing I've evar read. 8D
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

http://Pointsettia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 5/14/2012, 6:53 pm

Sorry about the wait... >.< Hopefully, it won't happen again, ehehehe....
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

http://bisharpcreed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 5/15/2012, 9:28 am

Its quiet alright~ but the epicness..... my god it gives me a heart attack just thinking about it!!!
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 7/5/2012, 2:51 pm

Here's a preview of the next chapter. It'll be coming out veery soon, and I think you guys will enjoy it. Razz

~~~

"Spiiiiriiiit..."

Luna's voice echoed through the forest eerily as Spirit pressed his back against a tree, eyes quickly scanning the area to find Luna before she found him. Silently, he placed a foot down on the grass, carefully avoiding branches to keep his position hidden. He needed a plan. Arcane magic could buy him at least a few seconds against her, and Wrave had mentioned that her mind was darkened and unbalanced. What exactly did that mean?

"Come out, Spirit.~"

Spirit slowly made his way to the shade of a mass of trees, now hidden in their branches. He grabbed a nearby branch and began to climb his way up, keeping his sounds at a minimum. Seeing a flash of sky blue fur to the left, he pressed himself against the tree's trunk, stopping his breath in anxiety. Where was she? Another flash of blue, and Spirit whipped out his sword, nearly frantic as he felt his calm demeanor begin to evaporate.

"Let's play, Spirit.~"
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 7/5/2012, 3:59 pm

8D.... MOAR. NOW. doguh;ofabg;lrgvnrpelg;jvbgdlVKJ *splodes*
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 7/14/2012, 10:46 am

And so, the next chapter arrives. Razz

~~*~~*~~*~~

"Luna..." Spirit said, his voice little more than a whisper. The fact that Luna, a great friend of his, was now threatening to impale him with ice drills was overwhelming. These eyes he looked into now were not Luna's, he knew that for certain. And yet... the familiarity of them, the memories they used to represent... were enough to halt all of Spirit's reasoning. His Vector Blade, which channeled his gravity powers, was just out of his reach. He could try to use the powers without the blade, but that would mean he might hurt Luna...

He narrowed his eyes as he tried to strategize, to find a way out of this situation. It had been a few minutes now, and Luna- or this thing that looked like her- seemed to be milking every tense minute for its worth. She sneered and the ice drills overhead began to sharpen. Spirit had to act now. He felt his mighty magical power begin to surge within him as he opened his mental connection to the mana streams around him. It was refreshing, invigorating... empowering!

Spirit roared, and arcane healing magic racked Luna's demonic mind, battering her repeatedly. She quickly lost her balance and fell to the ground below, crashing her frame into several tree branches on the way down. Spirit then reached out for his Blade, mentally beckoning it to come to him. And it did, lifting itself off of the ground and soaring into Spirit's waiting hand.

The Celestio-Sapian slowly righted himself on the thick tree branch he was parched on. The heaing magic might have helped Luna, but the possibility of it being ineffective wasn't unforseen. At the very least, it had allowed him the few precious moments needed to escape Luna's grasp. He peered over the side of the branch, not seeing Luna's body down below.

"Where...?" Spirit began, when giant claws of ice tore through the branches above, where a battered and very pissed off Luna flew with outstretched wings. Spirit held back a curse and quickly back-flipped off of the branch as the outstretched ice claws annihilated the branch completely.

Spirit landed cleanly on the ground below, sparing his allied a worried look. He knew it would be smarter to free his comrades, but Luna's relentless attack style wouldn't allow him to get near, even with his falcon-like speed. As soon as the thought crossed his mind, a geyser of ice erupted from underneath him, but a heavy gravity swing from his blade was enough to destroy it. Spirit quickly found himself on the move, taking cover under the trees while trying to find a place to snipe down Luna...
-
Luna wandered through a town, seemingly lost among the towering buildings. She scanned the area, feeling as though every shadow being cast was mocking her lacking sense of direction. The only thing that caught her sight were the bustling streets of people hurrying to get to their destinations. A stranger shoulders her roughly, and she falls over, glaring at the stranger in anger.

"Watch it!!" She shouted angrily as she picked herself up. She glared at the fleeing back of the stranger before resuming her steady pace from before, the metal bottom of her shoes clicking with every stood she took. As several minutes passed, she became aware that the streets were beginning to become less busy. She look around, alert. Something was off.

In her wandering, she was unaware that a group of masked men in hooded trench coats were following her. One of the men lifted his wrist to his face and spoke in hushed tones, trying to keep his voice soft.

"We found her, Lord G-Man... What are your orders?" The reply was alien and inhumane, the emphasis misplaced on his words.

"I want her alive," The reply began before acquiring a joking tone. "But don't be afraid to rough her up a bit."

"Understood," the masked soldier said before cutting off his communicator. He turned to the others. "You heard 'im. Daitengu will soon belong to the Combine!"

In their chase, they were unaware that a masked man wearing a cloak watched them from a rooftop above. He looks northward, where Luna was wandering.

"If the Combine want her..." He begins a silent run, unnoticed by the masked trench coats as he pursued them from the rooftops. "Then that can't be good at all..."

-
"Spiiiiriiiit..."

Luna's voice echoed through the forest eerily as Spirit pressed his back against a tree, eyes quickly scanning the area to find Luna before she found him. Silently, he placed a foot down on the grass, carefully avoiding branches to keep his position hidden. He needed a plan. Arcane magic could buy him at least a few seconds against her, and Wrave had mentioned that her mind was darkened and unbalanced. What exactly did that mean?

"Come out, Spirit.~"

Spirit slowly made his way to the shade of a mass of trees, now hidden in their branches. He grabbed a nearby branch and began to climb his way up, keeping his sounds at a minimum. Seeing a flash of sky blue fur to the left, he pressed himself against the tree's trunk, stopping his breath in anxiety. Where was she? Another flash of blue, and Spirit whipped out his sword, nearly frantic as he felt his calm demeanor begin to evaporate.

"Let's play, Spirit.~"
-
Luna turned around as she ran, a sly grin on her face as she looked back at the group of men chasing her. This ordeal was nothing new to her. She glanced back again and chuckled. "Another town, another chase. . ."

The trenchcoats reached into their pockets and pulled out pistol-like devices as they chased Luna into a dark alley. With the hedgehog girl now cornered, they aimed the pistols at her. The lead trenchcoat grinned. "Cooperate, and you shall not be harmed. Come with us, girl. The Combine have need of your. . . gift."

"You really don't know what you're dealing with. . . Here's a little hint!" Luna knew exactly what they were after, and she definetly wasn't going to let these guys have it. The metal bottoms of her shoes glowed with blue energy, and she ran up the wall, flipping over the group of awed trenchcoats. It was beautiful. It was dynamic. It was perfect. She landed at the mouth of the alley, looking back with a confident grin. "Psychic energy."

The trenchcoats quickly regained their wits and aimed their pistols at Luna, prepared to fire once more when the masked man wearing a cloak leaped down from the rooftops, dashing under their arms and slashing at the trenchcoats in a controlled frenzy.

The men screamed as their appendages were literally torn off of their torsos, and several fell over in pain. The lead trenchcoat took a step back as he looked at the stump that was his hand mere minutes ago. He then focused his attention on the masked man, recognition flashing across his face. "I-I know you. . ."

"Oh, do you now? Then I suppose that means I don't have to waste time introducing myself to scum like you." He reaches to the blade scabbard on his back, and slowly unsheathed an arrow-like blade, savoring the sound of the unsheathing metal.

Time was still for a moment.

Suddenly, the men's torso's blossomed into ribbons of red, their bodies landing unnaturally heavily to the ground. . . as if they had become heavier. The masked man hadn't even moved an inch before he placed his arrow blade back in its resting place. He looked over his shoulder, remembering Luna's presence. He slowly turned around, examining her for a moment.

". . . You seem fine. If I were you, I'd high-tail it off this planet while I still had the chance. If the Combine are after you. . . that's never a good thing," he walked past Luna as he spoke, no longer interested in sticking around. After a second, he heard the clicking of shoes from behind him.

"Heh, I'm not leaving. And don't bother trying to talk me out of it. . . but I do owe you a thantea for helping me out there. If you don't mind, I'd like some answers. Starting with your name. . . ?" Luna looked up at the masked man as she walked alongside him, a slick grin gracing her face. Her multi-colored eyes tried to lock onto the masked man's, but to no avail. He stopped walking and looked down at her, his stare unreadable.

". . . You seem like one hard-headed girl, you know that? As for my name. . . it's Spiritu Dessudari, but most call me Spirit. . . I'm not exactly big on talking about the Combine. Just know that they are very dangerous and VERY persistant. If you want to stay alive, just take my advice from before and take a ship outta here." He began to walk towards the spaceport as Luna laughed and shook her head.

"Like I said, I'm not someone you can just talk out of something. Iciaurians don't back down from fights, whether we're being pursued or not. I coulda taken'em anyway. There's more to me then what meets the eye." Luna replied as she followed behind Spirit, smiling as she did so.

-
Icy hands gripped Spirit around the neck ruthlessly as he was pushed off of the branch. It was Luna. He knew it. He began to gasp as Luna's natural freezing touch began to sear his neck. Mentally chanting curses, Spirit grappled with Luna in midair, crashing into several tree branches as he did so. Spirit grunted as his body crashed into the ground, Luna's demonic shape right on top of him. Luckily, the fall wasn't too terribly high, but the freezing pain he felt on his neck didn't cease.

He blinked furiously as frost began to form in his throat. Breathing became a chore, and his eyesight began to blur. His focus was fading. All he could see were Luna's eyes, cold and merciless. He gazed into her orbs, trying to see some flicker of humanity in her, some spark of hope that she could be helped.

No such luck.

Spirit's movements were nearly deathly still. Luna's grip didn't relent, however. He was mere seconds away from blacking out, and memories of the person about to kill him began to flood back. He remembered when he found her being chased by Combine footsoldiers. He remembered seeing her use her dark powers. He remembered his love for her. All of that time spent defeating the Combine with their family, Dark Cosmos.

All of those moments, both good and bad, began to flood back. Those were some of the best times of his life, a golden age in his lifetime. He wouldn't forget any of it, not even if he did die, right then and there. And even now, he held no hatred for Luna. He couldn't. He squeezed his eyes shut and his flailing stopped.

Luna laughed.

The demonic hedgehog then stood, her crystalline battle-armor reflecting the moon's lunar lights. Her attention was now on the pillars of ice that the rest of the Geneforce was trapped in. She spread her razor-sharp bat-wings, her fists still lit with white flames. She appeared before the other heroes in mere seconds, her lifeless eyes boring through their frightened ones.

Luna, Alex stared on in terror, unable to do anything else.
-
"Alex? He be down below in the cargo hold, unloading our supplies. Why doth ye go and assist the stalwart lad?" The speaker was a muscular wolf, clad in knightly armor. His name was Xavier Ramirez, the cook of Dark Cosmos. Luna nodded and was about to set off when she turned around sheepishly.

"How do I get down there?" She asked.

"Through yonder portcullis!" He said with a cheshire grin. She nods and heads towards a ladder, the ladder's exterior surrounded by a tube. It had been one hour, maybe two, since she had met Spirit. She had managed to wear down Spirit into giving her answers after he had defeated the Combine stalkers from before. He had permitted her to join Dark Cosmos, knowing that she wouldn't relent in her pursuit for the truth. She was to be the cabin girl, and right now, she was searching for the cabin boy, Alex. She finished her climb down the ladder and looked around at the massive piles of unpacked boxes.

"May as well start," Luna said to herself as she took in her surroundings. "Maybe I'll find the other cabin worker?" She opened several boxes and reached out with her hands, her psychic powers surrounding the items inside with a light blue glow. As she began to navigate her way through the pile, the items lazily drifted around her.

Suddenly, a crashing sound rang out from behind several stacks of crates. Luna's head snapped in the direction of the sound. If seemed as though someone had fallen over trying to carry a large load. The stacks of crates then tumbled over as a second crash followed the first.

"Woah! H-Hey!" It was a young voice, possibly male. "Oww. . ." The speaker grumbled for a moment of two, before he began to get frantic. "Get me outta here! HELP!!" Luna ran over to the fallen mass of crates, the items still lingering around her. She moved several crates out of the way before helping the speaker stand.

"You alright there?" Luna asked. The speaker was indeed young, probably 12. He was a skunk, an arm covered in a large silver claw. His attire was similar to Spirit's own.

"Yeah. . . that just really hurt," the boy looked up at Luna, smiling. "Thanks for the help. . . Oh, you must be the new cabin girl! I'm Alex. Alex Tiberius Law and I'm the cabin boy! Welcome to Dark Cosmos!"

-
It wouldn't end like this.

"Got it!!" Juliet exclaimed as the ice liquified into water, releasing the heroes from its clutches. Luna's lifeless eyes narrowed. "Controling cryokinesis with hydromancy is a lot more. . . difficult than I imagined."

"Guys." Alex's voice caused them all to turn in his direction. "I'll hold off Luna. You all should go and find Spirit. . ."

"You sure?" Pointsettia asked, knowing the extent of Luna's power.

"I'm staying with you, Alex," Wrave replied as he swirled several spheres of hardened air around his hands.

"Then, so will I," Pointsettia said as she also stood next to Alex.

". . . Fine. Oblivion, make sure nothing bad happens to Juliet and Emily," Alex finally replied. Oblivion nodded as he, Juliet, and Emily ran off into the woods.

The trio readied themselves as Luna merely sneered. She would enjoy this, in her own sadistic way. Giant ice claws formed over Luna's fiery fists and she dove towards the trio, clawing and slashing wildly. Pointsettia tried to form planet barriers, but they were sliced into bits in seconds. Alex lifted his silver clawed hand, aiming directly at Luna.

"Law Abiding... SILVER GUN!!!" Silver energy formed in the palm of his hand, and was released as a silver energy beam. Luna hissed as the attack sent her sprawling back, striking a tree directly. Pointsettia lifted a hand, and vines grabbed Luna to hold her back. Already, ice was starting to form on them.

"We need to restrain her!" Wrave said as Luna snapped the vines and ran towards them at great speeds. He spun his hands to the right, and a blast of wind slammed into her side, knocking her into another tree. Luna hissed and a volley of ice crystals erupted from her wings, slashing the trio before they could react. An ice shard sliced into Alex's leg, and he fell to the ground, face contorted in silent pain. Luna lifted a hand, and the three were sent flying backwards by Luna's telekinesis. She grinned as they slammed into the side of Building 20.1.2.

"Dammit!!" Pointsettia groaned as she struggled to free herself from the psionic grip. It was useless. She looked down, seeing a patch of flowers underneath Luna. Time to try something different. She stared at the patch, her focus intensifying. The plants began to warp and transform, forming a new shape. She was actually using her control over plants to rearrange the flower patch's DNA, trying to create something useful. She knew what she wanted.

Luna gasped as a set of jaws clenched her leg. She looked down, seeing a giant Venus flytrap clamp down on her leg. She growled angrily, her attention diverted to the plant that was trying to eat her alive. Pointsettia grinned, and several blades of grass transformed into vines around Luna's arms, dragging her down with the flytrap until the hedgehog was stuck on the ground. She roared, frost already forming over the plants.

There wouldn't be much time.
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul 7/14/2012, 11:11 am

So.....much....EPIC! HOLY CRAP THAT GAVE ME THE CHILLS!
Zazul
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 7/14/2012, 5:18 pm

OMFG!!!!! my heart is racing!!! And u remembered Pointsettia's Love of Venus Fly traps! oddish!~ I am SO printing this chapter and bringing it on vacation with me!

And Zazzy dear, this means we really need to pick up the pace with Dark Cosmos: Orgins!
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 11/5/2012, 8:23 pm

Little update:

The next chapter may very well be the last! Look forward to it!

Wink
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 12/13/2013, 4:37 pm

I'd already uploaded the last two chapters to deviantArt a while ago, but might as well put it up here, too. Here's the first half of the final chapter...

~~*~~*~~*

"They're getting close to freeing her, Vein," Hyperion said as he slowly stood from his squat, his closed eyes now open. The Titan Lord of Light could feel his hold over Luna's mind begin to waver slightly. In a matter of time, maybe minutes, maybe hours, Luna’s grip on her body would return. And as she was not native to Mobius, turning her mind dark had been... difficult to begin with.

“It matters not,” a cold voice replied, the sound not unlike nails scratching a chalkboard. Vein stood before a long corridor, the walls an ancient architecture. He raised a hand, sensing a barrier in front of him. With a chuckle, he let his dark powers ripple through his body, the overwhelming magnitude of them shattering the barrier like scissors cutting paper. “Luna was only meant to be a distraction. There is not enough time for them to reach us. Not now.”

“They’ll find a way!!” A defiant shout exclaimed. Vein sighed before turning around to face a tied-up Speedster, the villain’s shrouded face now oozing with a barely contained cold rage. Vein grabbed the hedgehog by the throat, his hand clenched tightly. The villain then began to let his darkness seep out, the very fear he emanated began to intensify. Speedster’s eyes widened and he instantly regretted his words. The hedgehog’s eyes fell, his courage drained away in the blink of an eye as Vein’s malicious powers ate away at his will. With the crimson hedgehog now silent, Vein returned his attention to the hallway before him.

He whipped a hand out in front of him, ripping apart the walls with ease, revealing several hidden traps. He then placed a hand on the ground, and the infernal contraptions dissolved into black soot before igniting in midair. With nothing to hold back the one-man cavalry, Vein slowly strode forward, senses perked for anything and everything that could be a detriment to his plans. Of course, there was very little that could do so. The heroes WOULD fall.

Vein had decreed it to be so.

-

Xanthos slowly opened his eyes, a heavy grogginess overtaking his mind for several moments before clearing out. He then began to observe his surroundings, when a sudden and wicked pain ripped through his body, causing him stifled a gasp of pain as his frame shook uncontrollably. Such horrific pain was most likely a result of what had happened. . .

Xanthos furrowed his brows. What exactly HAD happened? He had been fighting Charisma alongside Blastion and Genesis, but. . . He could not remember much else. Just a flurry of blinding lights. . . It could have been Hyperion.

“Awake, I see.” A cool voice pierced through Xanthos’ thoughts, though he dared not look up to see the one who now sneered down at him. The chill of arrogance in a male voice. The curt and and snippy greeting. Floen, of course.

“I’m sorry we had to rough you up a bit. Though. . . it was quite enjoyable to watch. You fools truly thought you could outsmart us? Ha! Your very demise was predetermined when you set foot in this building!” The villain snickered afterwards, most likely finding the current situation amusing.

Xanthos said nothing, instead playing through various escape tactics. His hands were bound behind his back, and he was sitting cross-legged in what seemed to be a small, dank room. The only thing he could hear was the drip of water from somewhere further down the corridor. Ignoring Floen’s rant about the futility of his situation, Xanthos took note of the bars that separated him from Floen. A few steady breaths to prepare himself.

Go.

He suppressed his pain as he twisted his arm with a sickening pop. The ligament slid out of the bindings and he grimaced as he slowly and painfully stood. Though not even fully on his feet, he felt himself calling upon forces of nature he rarely asked favors. As he popped his arm back into place, he could feel the spirits of nature heed his call and fill him with their power.

Floen had no time to react as Xanthos grasped the bars, the gift of his hereditary Physisoma powers allowing him to manipulate the physical properties of the bars to make them more malleable. Though to Floen, it seemed as though Xanthos had bent the bars with sheer muscle. The villain raised a hand as if to call the power of ice to his side, but Xanthos’ thundershocks were able to paralyze his body before the action was completed.

Floen fell to the ground, his body seizuring as electricity coursed through it. Xanthos glared at his fallen foe before a nearby groan caught his ears. He slowly crept towards the sound, mentally listing possibilities of who the voice could belong to. It came from the cell block next to Xanthos’ and in the corner of the room, Blastion had regained consciousness.

“. . .You okay?” Xanthos finally asked, getting the firefox’s attention. As much as he hated the guy. . . Xanthos had to ensure everyone got home safely. He had severely underestimated the threat, and charging in with so few allies had been costly.

“Be better when I can bash some heads. Or get uncuffed,” Blastion motioned to his back gruffly, ignoring Xanthos’ eyeroll of annoyance. In moments, the shackles were broken and the Blastion had been freed. He glanced down at Floen for a moment before regarding Xanthos somewhat coldly.

“Where’s Luna? And Genesis? Speedster?” Blastion grumbled as he surveyed the other cellblocks.

“Not here. . . Keeping us separate was a good move on their part. . . It’s harder to coordinate our efforts like this. . .” Xanthos replied, more to himself than to Blastion. He approached a steel door, whose hinges seemed to have been bolted shut. He motioned for the firefox, who nodded as Xanthos took a step back. Intense heat rippled off of Blastion’s form as he gathered dust particles in the room with his magic, turning the dirt and debris into volcanic emissions in mere seconds before launching the sphere of lava at the door. It sizzled through the steel, oozing a hole through it to the outside.

The two kicked the door down in unison and dashed down the corridor, putting aside their differences to save their friends, and potentially, their very world.

-

With Luna’s psychic hold fading fast, Pointsettia found herself calling for the plants to keep restraining their target, hopefully long enough so that the corruption over her could be reversed. She looked back at Wrave and Alex for a moment before returning her attention to Luna. Her abilities may not be able to help here… but maybe they could?

“Any ideas on how to help her?” Pointsettia asked finally, turning back to the others.

“. . . I might,” Alex said after a moment. “But I don’t even know if it would be possible. I was hoping my Claw of God could at least temporarily purify her mind.”

“Perhaps. . . but it seems that the corruption over her is fading. Not fast enough for our purposes, though.” Wrave mused wistfully. He cast a look to Alex. “Do it.”

Alex suppressed a gulp. With nothing more than a hopeful wish in his mind, he approached the thrashing Luna. Taking a breath, he placed his metal claw over Luna’s forehead. Instantly, her eyes began to emit pure white light and she began to scream as convulsions took hold of her. Scared, Alex tried to pull away, but his hand seemed stuck to its position, flooding Luna with divine power that threatened to kill her completely.

Scared, Pointsettia tried to pull Alex back, ignoring the incredible ripples of pure energy roaring through the air. Her efforts were in vain, and even as Wrave tried to assist, Alex was unable to pull his hand away. If they could do nothing, Luna would not survive.

-

“H-hey! There! To the right!” Oblivion gazed to the west, following Emily’s pointed finger until he noticed the dark form slumped in the ground. Running towards the downed figure, Oblivion quickly placed his fingers on Spirit’s neck, checking for a pulse. A few moments went by, with Emily and Juliet watching nervously nearby. Though faint. . . there was a pulse. Oblivion stood, knowing Spirit wouldn’t last much longer.

“Anyone know how to heal near-omnipotent extraterrestrial celestial entities?” Oblivion murmured under his breath. A sudden snap of twigs caught his ears and he spun around, scanning the vicinity shrouded by nightfall. A hysterical chuckle began to echo out of the night, and Emily clung to Juliet in fear as the maniacal laughter drew closer.

“Hehehe! Three little rats out in the open where any hawk can swoop down for a snack!” The voice crooned, and Oblivion stood protectively in front of the girls. He couldn’t tell where the voice was coming from. It seemed to come from multiple locations with equal sound, disguising its true origin. A sudden torrent of flames roared past the quartet, hailing the one who had chosen to attack them. Oblivion strained his eyes to see their attacker, but could only make out a silhouette coming from the flames in front of them. Spirit softly groaned, eyes fluttering open as he regained consciousness.

“Keh! Make that four!” With that, Scum the hedgehog unsheathed his blade and ran towards the group. Gritting his teeth, Oblivion summoned his twin blades and ran forward to meet the crimson hedgehog in battle.

-

“I’m sensing several bio-electricity fields inside,” Xanthos muttered under his breath as he knelt outside a dungeon room, the shadows of the musty tunnel shrouding his presence. Blastion had squatted down next to him, his eyes trained on the bolted door.

“So, what? We bust down the door and knock their lights out?” The firefox replied as he glanced at Xanthos. His question was met only by a sigh.

“It seems we may have to use brute force. I’m sure you don’t mind.” Before Xanthos had even finished, Blastion had charged out of the darkness with a feral roar. His hands were thrust in front of him, and lava erupted from the ground in several small spouts, melting the bolts on the door, and causing it to fall. The firefox lept through the doorway and was greeted by a goliath-like hand of bone striking him in the face. Blastion was sent flying backward, crashing not too far from Xanthos.

“Ya coulda told me Charisma and her undead were in there.” Blastion growled as he glared at Xanthos.

“You would’ve done the same thing either way,” was the ninja’s sly response. Blastion threw him a cold glare, but stopped when he took notice of the undead goliath forcing its decayed body through the doorway into the tunnel to confront the two heroes. Charisma herself followed moments after, her eyes lingering on Xanthos for a moment before she began to address them.

“You’ve come far, I’ll admit that. But your escapade ends here. There will be no victory for the Geneforce this night.” The necromantress crooned as she placed a nurturing hand on the goliath. Her eyes flashed.

Behind Charisma, Xanthos could see Genesis handcuffed to a wall, his staff nowhere to be seen. The hedgehog seemed unconscious. Or at least, Xanthos hoped he was. He redirected his attention to Charisma, bracing for combat. She lifted a hand.

“Kill them.”

Blastion and Xanthos quickly dove to opposite sides as the giant’s mammoth hand came crashing down on them. Charisma smirked, glee seemingly exuded from her being, and yet… Inside, this was the last thing she wanted. The facade of being a cold-hearted necromantress had splintered long ago, and all she wanted was a break from the chaos and destruction. Maybe a normal life? But in the world she lived in, there would be no such respite.

Blastion executed a back handspring as the undead’s fist drew near. Now out of range of his opponent’s attacks, he began to call forth lava to engulf his foe. Massive spouts of the liquid fire erupted from the ground, drenching the undead in the process. The smell of burning flesh filled the tunnel as the goliath let out a terrible roar and fell to a knee, the lava now eating away at its exposed torso.

Once again, Xanthos initiated his Physisoma, making the lava covering the goliath much more dense and harder to maneuver in. As Blastion hardened the lava covering the undead warrior, Xanthos made a second push, and the mammoth creature let out a final terrible roar as it came crashing to the ground.

Charisma took a step back, surprised. Seeing Blastion running towards her, lava swirling around his fists, she closed her eyes in fear. Perhaps the only way to escape the facade was to embrace Death itself. She could feel the incredible heat from Blastion’s power wash over her…

But she felt no pain.

Confused, she cracked an eye open, surprised to see the lava seemingly flowing over and around her, as if she was protected by a bubble of some kind that the lava could not permeate. She looked to the right to see Xanthos, holding a hand out towards her, brows furrowed in concentration. Blastion, on the other hand, looked furious.

“Xanthos! What the hell are you doing?! We should kill this wench!!” Blastion roared as he tried to force the lava to break the unseen shell protecting Charisma.

“...No,” was the reply. “To kill her is… obscene.” Xanthos stared at Charisma, his icy blue eyes connecting with her own lavenders. She studied him closely, getting a feeling that he was pitying her. Why…? Why would he feel sorry for her?!

“Calm yourself.” Xanthos’ voice broke her train of thoughts. “The Ailuro Clan is highly adept at feeling emotions. Essentially, to read your emotions is to read your thoughts… and Charisma… you…” he trailed off for a moment, as if choosing his next words carefully.

“You truly wished to die a few moments ago, did you not? ...I sense despair… guilt… shame… loneliness… and so, so much regret… Why do you feel as though you must shoulder an identity that causes you so much pain…?” Xanthos murmured. His own eyes seemed to reflect Charisma’s feelings, and she found herself at a loss for words. Blastion lowered his hands, and the lava came to rest on the tunnel floor.

“I’ve known you were good at your core, Charisma. For a long time. And I understand you feel much hatred towards Luna. I can relate to that with my own brother… But the charade you’ve been performing… it met its last act years ago.” He began to walk towards her, hand outstretched. “I can help you. No… I want to help you. I want to be someone you can rely on… I want… to be your friend.”

Charisma placed a hand over her mouth, her cold mask shattered as tears began to stream down her face. Holding back her sobs, she sank to the floor, her face buried in her hands. Xanthos placed a foot forward, testing that the lava had cooled, before walking to her side and placing a hand on her back.

“I’ll be here for you. If you’ll let me.” Xanthos’ voice became soft as he knelt next to her, his voice caressing her ears. Maybe… it wasn’t too late? Maybe she could still turn her life around. Maybe… she could give her humanity another chance. Maybe e-

Her world was swallowed by black.

Blastion stood next to Charisma, hand poised by her neck. Xanthos’ eyes widened as he realized what the firefox had done, heaving the girl over his shoulder as he walked into Genesis’ cell.

“I guess… we can find out later…” He lowered her in a chair as Blastion melted the chains that held Genesis. He lowered his eyes, guilt flashing across his face for a moment before he turned to the others. Genesis had now seemingly regained consciousness, though was still groggy as he stumbled forward.

“You good?” Blastion grunted as he watched Genesis retrieve his staff. The green hedgehog spun his weapon a few times, testing its weight before a look of confidence burst to life across his face. Smirking, he turned to the others as he said.

“We have a world to save.”
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 12/13/2013, 4:38 pm

And the grand finale to Broken Genesis.

~~*~~*~~*

Oblivion grunted as spears of ice erupted from the ground beneath him, their jagged edges ripping into his clothes as he dove to the side. Both blades in hands, he dashed forward with a great burst of speed, slashing Scum with his blades with little resistance. Grinding his foot into the ground, Oblivion thrust Scum away with all of the strength he could muster, sending his opponent careening into a nearby grove of trees and shrubbery. Narrowing his eyes, Oblivion sprinted after his foe, his swords glowing with arcane light as his adrenaline began to increase. An ethereal red ring materialized over Scum’s body, and a wave of fire erupted from his form. Oblivion staggered backwards as the intense flames burned through the foliage.

A torrential spout of water burst from the ground as Juliet raised her wand in concentration, the water following her hand gestures and crashing into Scum. Steam quickly began to flood the air as the flames cloaking Scum were extinguished. Oblivion spared a moment to shoot Juliet a thumbs up and a grin before diving back into the fray.

Scum slowly stood, fur drenched in water as he glowered at the charging Oblivion. An emerald ring burst to life in front of his hand, and green ionized energy erupted from his fingertips, engulfing the swordsman and his shouts of pain. Licking his lips sadistically, Scum snickered as the emerald ring was replaced by a cyan one, which beckoned forth a torrent of lightning to finish off Oblivion once and for all…

-

“We have nearly arrived at our destination,” Vein said curtly as he looked over his shoulder at Hyperion, who was dragging Speedster reluctantly. Before the duo of villains stood an ancient door with no visible handles or means of entry. Strange glyphs patterned the door’s surface, a language most would not even begin to comprehend. Vein was different.

He raised a hand, and the glyphs began to glow purple as he executed his powers of defense against them. After all, one who has power of the ultimate defense must also know how to break it. He shattered the protections on the door, and it began to crumble away as if aging rapidly. The obstruction gone, Vein walked forward, eyes trained ahead. Before him, on the far end of the darkened hallway, was a pedestal engulfed in light from above. A curious stone was placed atop it, levitating several inches off of the pedestals surface.

“So much trouble for this one artifact…” Hyperion mused, throwing Speedster aside as he stood next to Vein, seemingly bored with the situation.

“Wait here.” Vein replied softly as he strode forward, hands behind his back as he approached the Kronos Stone. An object that could change reality with only a few words. And in a moment, victory would be assured. He lifted a hand, grasping the object in his black gloved hands, lost in thought as he felt its ancient arcane power surge within him. The sounds of scuffle behind him caused the villain to turn around, seeing Hyperion unconscious and Genesis standing over his body. A heel-kick from behind caused Vein to stagger forward. Spinning around, he saw Xanthos now standing on the pedestal, a smirk on his face. And suddenly, the hallway grew exponentially hotter, and even began to bubble as a single circular shape from the ceiling became red-hot before melting away as Blastion jumped down in front of Vein.

“Give it up now and we’ll try not to mess you up too badly. Whaddya say?” Blastion grunted, hands now blazing. The sound of crackling lightning from behind and the sudden increase in drafts in the hallway signaled that Xanthos and Genesis had followed suit. Vein merely chuckled.

“Amusing.”

-

“She’s going to die!!” Pointsettia shouted as the screeching sound from Alex’s claw intensified. Luna’s body had begun to convulse violently, erratically even, as divine power swelled up within her. Power that her body found foreign. Her screams grew louder as the pain she felt grew, almost like every cell in her body was on fire.

“Alex!! Shut it off!” Wrave hollered as the crippling shockwaves grew more intense.

“I-I can’t!!”Alex squeezed his eyes shut.

Luna stopped moving.

-

Another surge of water surrounded Oblivion, shielding him from Scum attack. Juliet smiled as she lowered her wand, twirling it a few times as she stood her ground against Scum. Speaking in arcane tongues, she asked the wave of water to engulf Scum in its raw power, and it did so with glee. The insane hedgehog quickly found himself losing air, before blanking out completely.

Their foe now unconscious, Oblivion and Juliet turned to Spirit, whose wounds were being cared for by Emily. The younger girl looked worried, almost distressed.

“I… I don’t know if I can…” Emily couldn’t finish her sentence as she looked Spirit in the eye. He nodded slowly, understanding her implications.

“I’m very aware of my lifetime coming to an end in the next few minutes. I just…” Spirit groaned as new pain racked up body from speaking. “I… just don’t want this all to be for naught.”

“None of us do.” Juliet replied as she knelt down next to him. “I’ll see what my magic can do…”

“No need… Can’t fight the… inevitable…” Spirit’s words grew fainter as it became more difficult for him to speak.

“You aren’t going to die on us!” Juliet squeezed her wand tightly as frustration with her apparent inability to change the situation increased. If Spirit, a celestial being bound with magic was saying magic could do nothing for them, then… what chance did any of them have?

-

“VEIN!!!!”

Blastion was the first to strike, lobbing several spheres of lava at Vein before charging forward with a berserker fury. Blind slashes and punches were thrown in a flurry as Blastion engaged Vein in combat. It was a fool’s errand, as the blows were deflecting by purple hexagonal runes that appeared in front of Vein’s form. A sudden ionization in the air told Vein that Xanthos was about to strike with his own elemental powers. A quick step to the side cause Xanthos’ lightning bolt to strike Blastion head-on.

As the firefox went flying backwards, Genesis threw a hand forward, and several arrows of light burst from his fingertips with deadly accuracy. They, too, were deflected by the runes, and ricocheted into the pedestal Xanthos crouched on. As the thundercat fell under the rubble, Vein slowly began to walk towards Genesis, raising the Kronos Stone high above his head.

“Do you understand now? This is the day that the Geneforce falls! This has been the day I’ve waited for!” Vein began to laugh, and the arcane power within the Stone began to respond to Vein’s inner desires.

“But… the Stone only works for those with pure intentions!” Genesis sputtered out in complete shock.

“Do you still not understand, foolish demigod? My intentions are pure… pure evil!” The building began to rumble as the very fabric of reality began to unfold and reshape itself. No… the very universe was shaking at its core as pasts began to shift, futures began to mesh, and the present itself a convoluted spiderweb of every timeline that could have been.

The hallway had long deteriorated into an expanse of pure white, with only strings of 0’s and 1’s to fill the void. Genesis spun around, bewildered as he took in what was potentially the beginning and the end of all times, forever. Blastion and Xanthos were nowhere to be seen, possibly also torn apart by the ravages of spacetime.

Only Genesis.

And Vein.

Genesis could feel his body grow heavier. Not too long from now… he too, would be a forgotten memory, a lost idea in the neverending waves of eternity. He fell to his knees, his body actually glitching in and out of existence. He never noticed Vein’s footsteps, didn’t feel the boot crash into his face, didn’t care when the hooded murderer lifted him by his neck. It was all over.

“Your godlike physiology allowed you to live a bit longer, it seems. But you too, will fade away in a few moments…” Vein tossed Genesis aside like a ragdoll, hands in pockets as he observed the universe reconstitute itself to his desire.

“...Why… not you…?” Genesis managed to gasp out, his last words in this lifetime. Vein merely smiled, his pearly whites visible from under his hood.

“Perfect defense, remember? Apparently, not even spacetime can pierce it. In this new universe, you won’t remember me… But I will remember you. And I’ll make your life a living hell. This new universe… Kronos Stone, grant me a universe fortuitous for my goals!” The coding of the universe began to tie together, becoming complex networks of two singular numbers as the universe was rebooted to make Vein the top dog. Unable to move or do anything else, Genesis slowly closed his eyes, the last thing he could hear before darkness fell was the maniacal laughter of Vein…

The Geneforce had fallen.

The universe had fallen.

The beginning had been broken.
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 12/13/2013, 4:59 pm

iaguvbrlbfvhotrhablahbrl g lirbgaler bgrhbgfierj baerjgnlaerjn 
sdtr gh
erhaeth
 ath
 aeth
 aet
gh aet
h ae
th ae
th at

that is all.

;~;

JK. but i really love how you wrote this. I've wanted a story to end where good doesnt actually win for once. I'm glad you were able to do it. oddish!~

but lets see the death count:

Luna: Castiel'd to death
Blastion: Electrocuted by Xanthos's lightning
Xanthos: Crushed to death under rubble
Spirit: u kno he ded.
Genesis: Vein'd
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 12/13/2013, 5:15 pm

I guess it's a good thing these deaths were rebooted, eh? >u<

And thanks, so much! If you hadn't been nudging me to finish this, it'd probably never would have been finished!
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul 12/16/2013, 9:09 pm

THAT WAS MASTERFUL! INCREDIBLE! PHI, I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT! YOU ARE A GENIUS!
Zazul
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Phoenix 12/19/2013, 10:18 pm

Ahaha!! Thanks Z! ^_^ You are too kind, my friend!
Star Phoenix
Star Phoenix
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 8/3/2014, 9:37 pm

OLD TOPIC IS OLD, BUT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I DID A DRAMATIC READING OF THIS STORY YAAAAAY

I hope you're cool with this one bro, because I've been dying to do one of these in a long time!
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell 8/4/2014, 11:17 am

That was quite enjoyable to listen to! Cant wait to hear more~
Maxwell
Maxwell
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 8/15/2014, 7:35 pm

Ah, I've forgotten!  Part 2 of the reading is up!
I'm working on part 3 now, and it's a doozy.  Hope you guys like it!

Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 1/7/2015, 3:01 pm

Part 3 is up on Youtube, but I figure I share it here as well!  ^_^  Gotta finish recording for the last part, still!  (And editing these things takes a long time...  ^^; )

Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2