NewGeneforce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Affiliates
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 144 on 4/12/2021, 3:11 am
Latest topics
» A Kingdom Built on the Trust of Slaves
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty6/13/2021, 8:21 pm by Genesis

» [BtTG] Rainbow Ruination
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty2/11/2021, 4:48 pm by Star Phoenix

» Myrr Saga: War of the Infernals
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty2/11/2021, 2:55 pm by Zazul

» [Fakemon] Solo Adventure: Storming Lore (Zazul/Luna RP)
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty12/10/2020, 10:41 pm by Zazul

» [My Hero Academia] Symbols of Justice
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty10/11/2020, 4:18 pm by Zazul

» Geneforce Chronicles: Psychic Warfare.
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty7/14/2020, 9:46 am by Genesis

» The Human/Demon Cultural Exchange Program
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty6/10/2020, 10:43 am by Genesis

» [My Hero Academia] Rise of the New Generation!
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty6/7/2020, 3:37 pm by Star Phoenix

» His Daughter's Tower
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty6/7/2020, 3:29 pm by Star Phoenix

» [My Hero Academia] SAVE School: My Villain Academia
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty6/2/2020, 6:49 am by Star Phoenix

» Aura Wake: Starlight Sonata
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty5/22/2020, 10:43 am by Maxwell

» The God-Killer Chronicles
Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty3/28/2020, 9:22 pm by Star Phoenix

Statistics
We have 44 registered users
The newest registered user is Minniboe

Our users have posted a total of 15952 messages in 324 subjects
Gallery

Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty

Skies and Stories of Gold

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Skies and Stories of Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Skies and Stories of Gold

Post by Rocky 4/29/2015, 12:37 am

"I hope you're right, but I'm not going to press my luck that we'll find these things," Varek commented.  The two then locked the door behind them and headed back out into the farmland.

The skies were colored purple as the stars began to show themselves above their heads.  Crickets chirped and owls hooted, making their long walk rather peaceful and calm.  Finally, they reached the forest and night had fully arrived.  There was a dirt path going in, marked by wooden signs with poorly written and spelled instructions.

"...'Rustlr's Forst.  No Tresspassign in Winter...' Surely, the person who made this warning had to be either really young or just doesn't know how to write very well," Varek told River, erecting his posture from leaning down to look at the sign.  "Well, after you!  Just follow the path and if it stops... I could try to take over... "

He gestured her to go in first, not necessarily afraid, himself, but just didn't want her to fall behind.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 4/29/2015, 12:42 am

River followed him quietly as she looked around, hanging onto the sack she had been given and the flash light. She found it rather peaceful out there, though she wouldn't want to be out there alone. When she heard what he said about the sign after getting to it, she tilted her head and nodded some. Maybe it was just someone who couldn't spell very well or something but when he said she should go first she hesitated some.

"Okay, I guess it's just following a path. As long as you don't leave me I will be okay." she said before walking down the path ahead of him now. She didn't like the night, though knew that it was because of where she lived before could be a bit dangerous.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 4/29/2015, 1:09 am

Varek scratched his head and ducked out of the way of some branches as he followed her.  "I won't think of such things, especially since Harvey would kill me, sick or not, if I lost you in here..."

River would lead the two down the winding path for quite some time, until they reached a fork in the road.  Before them was another set of signs, this one written the same way as the first.  The one pointing left said: 'Minlind Exit.'  The one pointing right read: 'Reever Bank'  There was a third sign that didn't really have a general direction.  It read: 'Pleese Mind The Sprits.'

"That's really weird," Varek started as he got up closer to the signs.  "Mind the Sprits?  Like, as in, Spirits?  Or maybe Sprites?  What do you think we should-?"

He was suddenly cut off by a mysterious giggling coming from the middle of the fork.  A few bushes mysterious moved to the side, blocking what looked like a third pathway.

Which way should they go?
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 4/29/2015, 1:22 am

River didnt mind walking as she tilted her head, lookig around and being careful where she was walking. When they came to the fork in the road she tilted her head and looked at the signs as well. It seemed like maybe the bank sounded better in her mind with what they where looking for. When there was giggling and moving bushes though she squeaked and jumped back from the bushes until she was hanging onto Varek's arm.

"I-If we are looking for either of those, h-how about where the giggling came from?" She asked after a second and gave a nervous laugh. She looked a bit pale and scared but was willing to keep moving if he went.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 4/29/2015, 1:45 am

It was then that she could see the fear on Varek's face, his arm also shaking as she clung to it.  He was just as startled as she, and simply nodded along with her words as he aimed his flashlight dead ahead at the new path.

The two were much more careful as they stepped along this path.  It wasn't as clear as the previous ones, having a lot more rocks and tree roots in the way, and being much darker thanks to the fuller trees down this way.

The giggling could be heard once more, but this time, it was much more understandable... Three childlike voices could easily be distinguished, too...

"They're coming this way!  Heehee!"

"Is the moon out yet, huh?"

"Close enough!  They've got those glowing sticks, anyway!"

"Heeheehee!  I'm so excited!"
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 4/29/2015, 1:54 am

River giggled quietly and nervously as she walked with Varek, sticking very close to him and being cautious as well to stick to the path. Last thing she wanted was to loose the path and loose him some how. She was glad though she wasn't the only one so scared or surprised by the giggles they where following. As she could hear the voices coming from the giggling ahead of them she glanced at Varek.

"I guess this is something like what Harvey must have seen... maybe?" she said quietly, just speaking loud enough for him to hear as she kept walking.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 4/29/2015, 2:17 am

"It must be... I've never seen or heard anything like this... then again, I never went to the forest around this time of night," he responded in a whisper.

At last, the end of the pathway was in sight.  It had grown lighter out, so light that Varek instinctually shut off his flashlight as he gazed ahead.  Rather than it being the light of day, the thick canopy of trees had thinned and opened up to reveal the bright white light of the moon, shining overhead.

Varek stopped before the entrance of the secret sanctuary.  He gasped, goosebumps scattering across his arms, as the sight of the crystal clear waterfall, glowing pond, decorative, bejweled rocks and dew-ridden grass.  It was a beautiful scene, just like Harvey described!
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 4/29/2015, 2:27 am

"I tend to stay inside at night as well so this is rather interesting..." River responded quietly as she walked further with him. When he had turned his light off though she did as well since she thought it wasn't needed any more. The light from the moon was a lot more then she expected to be useful but it just made the scene they stumbled onto even more beautiful.

When they came into the secret clearing her mouth open in awe, looking around as she tried to take it all in. She probably had never seen something this pretty and never would again unless she came back, even then it wouldn't be the same. "I didn't think this place would be real from what he said... this is amazing." she said quietly and went to walk a bit further in but being cautious as she did.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 4/30/2015, 1:17 am

When River stepped forward, Varek gulped, looking behind both of them to see that the pathway to this special place had become covered up by the trees and bushes.  He shivered again before hurrying up inside the light of the sanctuary.

The two could then hear the little childlike voices again, this time, closer than ever.

"Now that they're here, we should make an entrance!"

"How do we do that?"

"You don't want to scare them half to death, just look at the short one with the cowboy jacket!  He's obviously terrified!"

"Hey!" Varek shouted in defense of his character, blushing a little since they had pointed out his obvious fears and quite literal shortcomings.  He was a racer, and horse jockey's had to be short to go faster.

"Oh, look, you made him mad!  Now we should apologize!"

"Okay!  Let's jump on the count of three!"

The trio of voices then repeated the numbers in unison: "One... two... three!"

Finally, the tiny sprites popped out from behind a rock next to the pond.  They were roughly half the size of a human's head, had very round faces and bodies, and wore different colored clothes in the same style.  They stood there, all with big smiles upon their faces and dark beady eyes.  Their tiny wings and little limbs made them almost look like dolls!
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 4/30/2015, 1:50 am

River couldn't help it and almost giggled when she heard them make fun of Varek some, finding it almost funny. She didn't want to mock him though and found it odd to agree with the tiny voices that didn't have faces yet even. When the three of them jumped out though, even though they counted down to it she jumped back and hung onto Varek again. After that she let out a little shaky sigh, trying to calm herself down and speak to the sprites.

"H-Hello there... our friend, or my brother Harvey asked the two of us to come here." she said quietly and hesitantly.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 4/30/2015, 2:47 am

"Harvey Harv-Harv!" said the fattest one, wearing a green suit.  Its voice was a little deeper than the other two, but it still looked quite cheerful.

"Wow, you two know Harvey?!  That's super great!" said the shortest one, dressed in a blue suit.  It had much more energy than the others, and smiled the widest.

"Any friend or sister of Harvey's is a friend to us," the third one said, donning a purple suit.  This one's face seemed to look kinda troublesome, but it looked harmless, enough not to be suspicious.

"Indeed, you two are very welcome here!" a lovely womanly voice echoed.  The little sprites then began dancing around the pond, singing a little chant.

"Blue and purple,
green and white,
fields of flowers
and skies of moonlight!
Every day she watches,
every night she prays!
The Harvest Goddess is here
To make the farmer's day!"

Varek, meanwhile, was incredibly frightened, his eyes wide with shock and his hands cupped around his head. This was quite a vulnerable moment for him, even though he seemed to show so much more confidence before hand...

"I'll never NOT believe Harvey ever again!  Just please, don't hurt us!" he shouted, his voice wavering.  "That chanting freaks me out so much!  What if they're going to eat us?!"
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 4/30/2015, 2:53 am

River watched and listened to the sprites as she shivered some, shaking from how nervous she was about the situation. Though when she heard Varek shout like he did, seeing how terrified he was she knew she was better off so far then he was. She moved a bit closer to him, trying to take one of his hands to try and calm him down again. Though she was scared he was even more, and she didn't want him to pass out or run off from it.

"It's okay Varek... we can just ask them what we need to and leave okay?" she told him quietly before looking back over at the sprites as she smiled slightly. "Harvey sent us to check on you all I suppose, he has gotten sick recently and couldn't care for his farm. He thought maybe his sickness came from something going wrong here. So the two of us came to check."
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 4/30/2015, 6:23 pm

Harvey looked up at River, his quaking slowing down as she took his hand and tried to calm him.  He appreciated her efforts, but probably wouldn't be back to normal until her promise was fulfilled.

"O-Okay..." he stuttered, trying to keep composure and taking his other hand away from his head.  Much to his dismay, the chanting continued just for another round before the Sprites jumped backward and beside River.

In the spot they were dancing and chanting about, a bright white light came down from the open canopy, briefly blinding the two guests before fading into a tall womanly figure.  This being was long limbed, slender, large eyed and wore a pink and white floor-length gown.  Her eyes glowed gold and her facial features were very smooth and elegant.  Her hair was a glittering purple and blue, coming down to her knees in four ponytail braids.  She opened her arms up wide and smiled, beginning to speak in her soft and angelic voice.

"Hello, my friends.  I am the Harvest Goddess.  I have watched over Soule for many long generations with my companions, the Harvest Sprites.  Spelia, Helia and Revia, thank you for bringing them to me," she said, bowing lightly to the little creatures.  Picking herself up, she continued.  "Now, you mentioned that the farmer is ill?  But first... what are your names?"
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 4/30/2015, 7:19 pm

River held onto Varek's hand as she shivered again, watching the sprites so close to the two of them now. Though after the light that blinded her for a second she looked up at the lady who called herself the Harvest Goddess, her mouth a bit open in awe. This was probably one of the weirdest nights she had ever had and probably ever will again. Though she shook this off as she heard what was asked of both her and Varek.

"O-Oh, well yes my step brother Harvey is sick. He has been for a while so I came here to help with his farm... though my name is River. His name is Varek." she said and introduced Varek as well since she wasn't sure about how well he may be able to speak.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 5/2/2015, 2:52 pm

The goddess withdrew her arms inward and smiled.  She seemed relieved to know this information by the way her shoulders relaxed.

"Thank goodness he's still alive.  I was so scared, but you've come to the right place River and Varek.  I do know why he is sick," she confessed, her smile fading into a worried expression.  "If you have the time, I'd like to explain what has been happening here, recently."

"W-When would you l-like us?" Varek sputtered, his teeth chattering wildly as he spoke.

"If you cannot stay tonight, please come visit me any day after 7:00 pm." she nodded.  "Will you stay?  You can always return another day."
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 5/2/2015, 8:19 pm

River hung onto Varek's hand a bit tighter when she heard him and looked over at him, her head tilting to the side as she wondered what he may want to do.

"Would you like to just go for the night and maybe calm down? Or would that just make it less likely you would end up coming back here."

She asked him quietly, she was worried and a bit nervous still but she wasn't about to just leave since she wanted to make Harvey better as soon as she could.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 5/4/2015, 7:20 pm

Varek slowed his quivering as River asked him what he would prefer.  He looked at the ground, then back into her eyes before nodding lightly.

"I-I think I can come back... I can make it back for H-Harvey's sake.  We should tell him what we know tomorrow morning so we can come back with more questions..." he told her in a softer voice.

While the Harvest Goddess's smile was lost, she still looked as if she understood the situation.  The Sprites then hopped closer to their Goddess and turned to look at the two guests.

"You really do care for him.  Then I have chosen wisely," she sighed in relief.  "As I said before, you may come back to this place any time after 7:00 pm, any day of the week, any season of the year.  I will be sure to have arrived by then, so that you do not fear our magic.  The Sprites will open up the pathway each day at 6:00 pm, so take your time coming to visit me.  However, I do have one request before you leave me tonight..."

She paused, closed her eyes and before them stood a magical, transparent image of a girl with silver hair, a long blue cape, golden yellow eyes, a black pointed hat and a wooden staff.  She looked like a witch!  The Harvest Goddess outstretched her arms and pointed at the image.

"Please, do not allow this being to know of this situation.  This is the Witch Princess Sierra.  She and I have a very bitter relationship, so if she approaches you and knows you have been with me, do not tell her where I am or the words the Sprites used to summon me."

The figure faded into magical dust, and as it fell to the ground the Goddess and the Harvest Sprites vanished in a beam of moonlight.  The pathway behind them was open once more and River and Varek were left alone to leave.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 5/5/2015, 12:06 am

River stood quietly next to Varek as she listened and took in what was being said and asked of them, nodding sometimes as she did. Though she didn't say anything until they had all left, looking over at Varek as she gave a little smile.

"Well this was certainly an interesting night... shall we head back and talk to Harvey about this in the morning? I am sure he will be happy just to know that we believe him now and there are answers to his sickness." She said as she took his hand again lightly. Mostly because she wasn't sure how well he would be able to move now that it was over or if he needed to be calmed more.

Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 5/8/2015, 1:16 am

Varek was very eager to take her hand and veer his body off to the exit.  He reached for his flashlight with the other hand and turned it on so they could begin their trek back to the farmland safely.

"I think that's our best bet right now..." he agreed with a light smile, his nerves calming greatly.

After they left the dark and dense forest, the ranch was in sight and their flashlights were really helping in the dark of the night.  It was then that Varek turned to River, a light pink blush rising to his cheeks while a droplet of sweat slowly dripped down them.

"River, I don't know how much you expected of me... but I'm really sorry I acted like such a coward just now.  I mean, it's embarrassing for you to see me like that, but I was just so nervous I couldn't think of anything but the worst.  I can understand if you don't want to work with a wimp like me..." he told her, not looking at her face for fear she may express anger or disgust in his behavior.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 5/8/2015, 1:52 am

River was very relieved as they left the forest as well, hanging onto his hand and her flash light tightly. She was very nervous until they made it out of the forest, glad that they where getting back to a more comfortable area. When all of the sudden Varek stopped and looked at her to speak, her head tilting slightly as he did. When he trailed off though and just looked at her she let out a nervous laugh and smiled at him some.

"You don't have to worry about anything Varek, I wouldn't stop working with you for something like this. I mean, I nearly passed out back there I was so nervous. Just because you got scared back there doesn't mean I trust you any less. You are still much better at working here then I will ever be."

She said and shook her head as she finished speaking. She was certain he would be a good friend and would help her out a lot with the farm. Just because of this thing doesn't mean she would just shun someone unless they where injured or something.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 5/12/2015, 9:30 pm

The horse jockey's face relaxed and his frown quickly became a smile.  He was quite happy to hear that she was understanding of his fears and accepted her compliments with a light blush and a swift nod.

"Aw, River, thanks so much!  I-I mean, I'm really glad I got to go with someone, especially you.  You held it together much more than I did, and because of that we have some interesting information to tell Harvey!  It means a lot to have you here on the farm, nonetheless," he told her, happily shutting his eyes for a moment.  "In any case, let's get ourselves back home before anything else happens!"

The two would continue to walk all the way back up to the farm and the house.  The clock on the wall read 10:00 pm.  Were they really gone for that long?  After they locked the door behind them, Varek remained on the bottom floor.

"I'll be sleeping down here.  I know Harvey has more rooms upstairs, but this is just for precautionary reasons.  Have a good rest River, and thanks again!" he said to her with a wide smile.  He seemed to be much more comfortable around her now.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 5/12/2015, 9:40 pm

River looked at him as she listened, smiling still as she did since he warmed up and looked so much happier after she spoke. She couldn't help but smile even more and blush lightly when he said he was happy she was there on the farm now. When he suggested they get back inside since it was getting late she went ahead to follow him back.

"I am happy I got to get in there with you too, even if it is just because we got a bit closer. I look forward to the morning when we can tell Harvey what we found and helping around the farm."

She said as she followed before they got into the house. Looking at the time she was surprised as well, thinking they had been out maybe an hour and a half. Hearing what Varek said about him staying down on the bottom floor she hesitated about going to her room. Seeing that he seemed comfortable though she gave a smile and nodded.

"Have a nice rest as well Varek, see you in the morning." she said before going up to her room to settle down for the night. She was rather tired now and would sleep as soon as she got into bed.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 5/12/2015, 10:29 pm

As River slept, a dream began.  In the dream, she was on Harvey's Farm, tending to a beautiful field of flowers and fruits.  It wasn't for long, however, as the skies grew darker and clouds surrounded the land.  Slowly, the crops began dying, despite what she did to prevent it.  She looked up to see Harvey before her, looking as cheerful as ever, even though the surrounding environment was practically a wasteland.  It was then that she could see a silver haired boy dressed in blacks and purples, wearing a long dark cloak, far behind him.  She could hear his soft and breezy voice: "You have the power to restore the land to its former glory."

The dream suddenly ended with the distant crow of a rooster.  It was early morning and everything was normal.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw 5/12/2015, 10:36 pm

River nearly jumped out of bed when she woke up, looking around as she sat up in her bed a bit confused. That was an interesting dream to have all of the sudden, it wasn't like any other dream she had. Maybe it did have something to do with the farm and what was going on then. She would have to see how it would play out, what she could do to help the farm and Harvey to get better. For now she just got up and got dressed, yawning as she walked down stairs.

"Is anyone else up?" She asked quietly as she looked around, not wanting to wake anyone. Though she guessed everyone woke up here about the same time as the sun was coming up.
Riverclaw
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky 5/23/2015, 11:39 pm

River could hear a faint 'pssst' sound coming from the kitchen as she looked around.  If she were to go into it, she would find Varek already up and dressed, waving for her to come over to him.  He looked particularly happy this morning, but there was some tiredness under his eyes.  His hair was unkempt, but he didn't seem to mind it.

"River, psst!  Come here, quickly!  You've gotta see this!" he whispered loudly, pointing to the window behind him.
Rocky
Rocky
Hero Admin
Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next