Our users have posted a total of 15236 messages in 265 subjects
Gallery

Aura Wake: Remastered

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Aura Wake: Remastered

Post by Zazul on 5/21/2016, 1:33 pm

~The College of Avalon Exam Grounds~

Savanos: *after Samazurae's zealous thanks were given, his eyes give off a joyous light as he rises back up and proceeds to the gates* I hope the other two Wake Souls are ready...Once they have completed their exams, we will know if we have a new team...or simply a few new additions to the College...

~The College of Avalon, Gates~

Mercer: *as he and Noah waited at the front, many annoyed entrees fuming behind them, Mercer couldn't help but think of his family back home on Iciaura....his mother, who had married into the Law family years ago and was now one of its prized Warlocks, his sister who was studying Archaeology in one of the universities in Harboria, and, last but not least, his family patriarch....Just thinking about the old man got Mercer's nerves up. However, he quickly snapped himself back when he heard the footsteps of Savanos approaching.* Looks like this is it, kid. Wish me luck.

Noah: Hey, I'll be right behind you. *he smirks, patting Mercer on the back for support* Knock 'em dead!

Mercer: *he nods, adjusting his hat and taking a serious demeanor as he walks forward*

Savanos: *his eyes light up, seeing Noah and Mercer had pushed ahead* I see...looks like somebody's impatient. I take it you must have a powerful talent, my young friends?

Mercer: The kid, I can't speak for. Me, on the other hand....I'll let my abilities do the talking.

Savanos: Bold words, for one so young. Your name?

Mercer: Mercer Acadia Law.

Savanos: So, the Law Institute for the Dark Arts sends one of its sons to Avalon? I thought Quintus Law hated the idea of the Law Clan studying at one of the three great Schools....

Mercer: The old man- I mean Grandmaster Quintus does not know I came here...though, I suspect he's figured it out by now, with how long I've been gone.

Savanos: So then, today is an all or nothing gambit for you, then? Excellent! Right this way, my young friend. *he gestures back to the gate, he and Mercer passing through calmly*

Noah: *his eyes widen as he processes what just transpired. So, Mercer had disobeyed his family to come here....and that means if he fails, he probably won't have anywhere to return to...The thought made Noah pray all the harder that Mercer, his new friend, would pass his exam*

~College of Avalon, Exam Grounds~

Savanos: *as he and Mercer walked to the exam grounds, he couldn't help but glance at Mercer in a slightly nervous manner. The Law Clan of Iciaura, though smaller than most of the other civilized groups of Iciaura, were known for having influential members in both the Celestial Faith, who hunted Unregistered Mages or Apostates as they were called, as well as the Mystic Revolution in the form of the Law Institute for the Dark Arts, a small but prominent Dark Magic academy run by the Law Clan's fabled Immortal Patriarch, the fellow Grand Caster Quintus Antilius Law. For a Law Clan member to be here, instead of studying there, meant Mercer was a wildcard. Who knows what the young man could be capable of? Finally, they arrive to the seal and Savanos joins his colleagues* Now then, would you please state your name, young man?

Mercer: ...My name is Mercer Acadia Law, of the planet Iciaura. And yes, I am a Law Warlock.

Erik: *his body immediately tenses and his eyes shoot open as he watches Mercer* A Law? Here? Your family runs the Law Institute, why leave there to study here?

Mercer: It ever occur to you people that not all Laws like being cooped up in the dark?

Quilla: *she smiles nervously, attempting to diffuse the situations* Now now, Mercer! We meant nothing by that. Its just so odd to find a member of such a prestigious magical family here. Please, won't you show us your abilities?

Mercer: *he sighs, scratching the back of his head* Sorry for the rudeness....I'm not too good with people, see? But...I wanna get better with that. Anyway, enough talk. Lovecraft! 

Lovecraft: *as soon as Mercer calls out, the book immediately flies out from his pocket and floats next to his head, a sleepy yet impatient look on his face* I was just getting to sleep...what is it?

Mercer: Time for the exam...lets show 'em what we can do.

Quilla: A Demonic Tome? How interesting....

Erik: Still....it looks like a kindergartner had written it...

Lovecraft: *he turns around and glares at Erik* OI! THAT'S BECAUSE MERCER MADE ME WHEN HE WAS IN KINDERGARTEN, YOU UNDEAD LIMP NOODLE!

Savanos: Excuse me?!

Mercer: *he facepalms and smacks Lovecraft upside the back cover* Don't insult the exam proctors!

Lovecraft: *he growls and opens up, revealing his pages as a Demonic seal opens*

Mercer: *he smirks and reaches his hand inside the seal, his arm going inside Lovecraft up to the elbow. As he draws it out, he seems to be holding something large and heavy. Finally, as his hand pulls out from the seal, its revealed that he is grasping the handle of a large great machete made from black, marble-like metal with a jagged, serrated side and a second handle on the back of the blade's end. Taking the saw-like great machete in both hands, one on one end and one on the other, the edge suddenly lights with glowing, green, demonic runes etched into the blade and now alight with green fire*

Savanos: That's an Infernal Weapon, infused with Demonic Sealing Fire! So then, you're a close-combat Warlock? Not too many of those around...

Mercer: I ain't even done yet...*he brings the blade up and slams it down, the blade biting deep into the earth beneath Mercer as the floor beneath him explodes with a blast of demonic fire. He then takes the blade by the main handle and swings it one-handed, a wave of green fire flying out along the ground.* I can also use this big puppy as a strong defense weapon. In short, I prefer getting nice and close to my enemy.

Quilla: *her beak and mouth are agape* Its as if I'm looking at a young Quintus Law....

Erik: *he less impressed* Nien. He had far more control of his fire. Granted, though, your potential is great....You pass with me, if barely.

Quilla: *she immediately wipes the aghast look from her face and nods* You pass with me as well! Well done, Mercer!

Savanos: Yes...earlier rudeness aside, I believe you will be a fine addition to the College. Welcome, Mr. Law. *his cheekbones rise as he inclines his head respectively* Now then, if you would be so kind as to enter the College atrium to wait with the other passing entrants? There is plenty of food, as well as a healer if you require one.

Mercer: *he smirks, hiding his excitement behind a cool expression as he inclines his hat to them* Much obliged. I look forward to learning here! *he calmly walks off towards the atrium, Lovecraft trailing behind. As they leave the proctors behind, Lovecraft floats up right next to Mercer's ear*

Lovecraft: You're about to crap yourself with how clutch you passing that exam was, aren't you?

Mercer: I.....Hate....You....*he grabs Lovecraft and immediately stuffs him back into his pocket*

Savanos: *he then rises calmly and walks back to the entrance, eager for the next entrant to make their debut.*

~The Dark Chamber~

Neir: Interesting...out of all the students to come here, to have one of the reclusive Law Warlocks join the College would have been the last of my guesses as to possible prospects...Still, the strength of the Law is well known throughout Mosaic, and his strength will be a great asset to the new Aura Wake team. *he calmly disperses Mercer's image, the image of Savanos walking up and wordlessly speaking to an eager Noah appearing* So, this is the last Wake Soul among the hopefuls from this year...That cloak he wears, though, is very familiar...I remember, during the Great Witch Hunt forty years ago, there was a Fenrir Shaman who adorned a cloak similar to that. They called his Shamanism a "heretical art that boarders on Demonic Summoning"....I wonder what they could have meant?...Perhaps we shall find out this boy's potential?... *the image then shows Noah and Savanos walk off towards the exam grounds. As they do, Neir's eyes focus hard. If this boy was connected to the infamous Shaman he was thinking of, then this year's Aura Wake team may fill the void that the College had been lacking for so long now...*

~College of Avalon, Exam Grounds~

Savanos: *he sits down once again among his colleagues, pleasantly nodding to Noah* Go on, son. State your name, and begin your demonstration. And don't be nervous, just feel your power and it will all work out.

Noah: *he takes a deep breath* My name is Noah...Noah Ash-Claw.

Erik: *upon hearing Noah's last name, he perks up slightly, as if the name had caught his attention.*

Savanos: Ash-Claw?...why does that name...

Quilla: Well, whatever the reason is, we are very eager to see your abilities, Noah! *she smiles and gestures politely to Noah with her hand* Won't you please proceed?

Noah: *he takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, his mind's eye wandering deep within himself as he felt he energy begin to channel through his body. As the energy flowed, he willed it to move through his arms, one course flowing into the cane as the other flowed and collected in his free hand. He then moves his hands towards each other and brings the cane up as if he was guarding. He then runs his hand along the cane, as if he was coating it was something, As his hand slid down along it, fire sprang forth where his hand had touched until the cane was alight with fire. However, within the flame, the bone cane remained unharmed, and was aglow with burning Tribal runes. Noah could feel the fire flowing off the cane and collecting around him, forming an aura around his body as he exhaled. He then felt a warmth begin to well up inside his back and a familiar, warm consciousness connect to his. Within moments, he felt the flames of his aura begin to collect behind him as the flame hardened in mid-air to form crystal-like cinders in the shapes of metal plates. The plates began to spin around Noah in the inferno, bending and twisting until they formed giant, burning, smoldering fists, the frames of two muscular yet feminine arms, the a full skeletal frame of a female upper body, and finally a lower jaw frame forming a bowl-like area. The flames condensed in the bowl until a feminine head that appeared to be made completely of fire forms, two red orbs forming her smoldering eyes. Comparing Noah's entire height to the size of this floating upper body, the two appeared to be similar in height, with the area where the being's stomach would be acting as a defensive cage for Noah. The elemental let out a calm sigh as she finished forming, her eyes finally opening as she looks ahead right at the proctors* Phiera?! Is that you!?

Phiera: *the being seems to look down at Noah* Indeed. This is the Shamanism developed by your father, Ordo Ash-Claw...it is also the only one of its kind. Because, unlike normal Shamanism, which simply manipulates the elements, Ordo's allowed him to actually summon an Elemental in full form!

Savanos: I have....I have seen that magic before!

Erik: As have I...during the Great Witch Hunt, an Apostate Mage used such a magic....and controlled an army of Elementals which nearly burned down all of Avalon City! The magic that created Avalon Slums...Ordo Ash-Claw's Heretical Shamanism!

Noah: *he feels the power flowing through him, and holds his hand out, a bright ball of fire forming and swirling in his hand. He then takes the ball and pitches it, throwing it at an open area on the exam grounds. The resulting explosion is leaves a smoldering crater the size of a small car, burning cinders remaining until they fade to ash* W-wow! That was just a normal Fireball!

Phiera: Do not forget the rest...however, I believe using Ordo's signature technique would be most appropriate here, Noah.

Noah: *he nods to himself and stands ready, bringing the cane back as he starts hopping from foot to foot. Phiera's body fades, becoming a flaming aura around Noah as he jump into the air and corkscrews mid-air, twisting as he lands, crouched. Phiera, her massive body forming again around Noah, suddenly roars and lets out a barrage of fireball-like punches into the air, the barrage causing small explosions in the air whenever she would snap her fists back. Noah then begins channeling as Phiera continues the barrage, a ball of fire forming between his hands. The ball begins to swirl and form arm-like tendrils as more and more fire builds in it. Finally, Phiera continues the barrage and Noah shoots the ball forward. When it leaves the aura, it becomes a massive ball of fire with five spinning tendrils dancing around it. The orb slowly sails forward as Phiera's barrage wrapped around the attack, as if to tunnel it at the target. The ball explodes, leaving a small pool of liquid fire behind that slowly sizzles and fades before becoming ashes and rubble. Noah then releases his aura flow, Phiera disappearing and the flames around him dying as the cane loses its glow. Noah lets out a heavy sigh of relief, exhaustion clear on his face as he panted heavily* And...that....is...my...demonstration...*he then bows to the proctors* Thank you all for your consideration!

Savanos: *his eyes are wide dishes of seafoam green as he stared at Noah* What you just did...you actually SUMMONED an Elemental, as one would a Demon!

Noah: *a look of bewilderment forms on his face* What do you mean?...this is my Foster Father's magic.

Erik: I knew your name being Ash-Claw was no coincidence....Boy, your father is an Apostate, correct?

Noah: ...yes.

Erik: He is Ordo Ash-Claw?

Noah: Yes! How did you know his name!?

Savanos: ....Noah...your father ended one of the greatest tragedies the Mystic Revolution had ever endured...and also caused immeasurable damage to this city. The magic you use...it was called Heretical because it defies Shamanism, it summons an Elemental here against its will...

Noah: ...but Phiera wanted to come here.

Erik: ...what?!

Noah: Phiera said she wanted to come here.

Quilla: Wait wait wait! You...you spoke to her?!

Noah: Yes. In order to use Phiera's power, she has to agree with what I'm doing. We're partners, I don't force her to do anything.

Savanos: ....Erik, Quilla, a moment please. *he gestures to them and they rise up. The three Proctors walk away, out of earshot of Noah, and begin talking among themselves. Moments later, the three return, Savanos with a pleased look on his face* We have discussed it...and have decided to accept your enrollment, Noah. While the art you use was viewed as Heretical, it may be a useful boon to this school, and if tempered correctly, a powerful force for the good of all the Mystic Revolution. Congratulations, Mr. Ash-Claw. Welcome to the College of Avalon!

Noah: *a bright, triumphant grin of disbelief forms on his face as he then leaps into the air* YEEEEEEES!

Savanos: *he chuckled, amused by Noah's enthusiasm* I'm sure you're exhausted. Please, retire to the atrium for some food. There is also a healer if you need it. Good luck, Noah. I'm sure you'll make a fine Mage. *his eyes smile as he rises up and goes to collect the next entrant, the eager Noah running off to the atrium past him*

~The Dark Chamber~

Neir: So I was correct...still, to think that Ordo Ash-Claw would adopt a child and teach it his heretical unique shamanism...It goes to show, even the strangest of things can happen in this great age. Now, all the Wake Souls have entered...let us go and prepare to greet them. I should call Rex back to the dorms...If I recall, one of the Spell Hawks should still be in the Aura Wake Dorm's library...ah yes, it was the calm, large one....the "Lost Mage", Styx Midas....

~Blackwald Mausoleum University~

Heinkiel: *he seems slightly flustered by Tryst and Ghost's initial responses* W-what disrespect! I apologize, gentlemen! They-

Heinrich: No need to apologize for anything, Bruder....*Heinrich slowly walks into the box, a dark, mist-like aura seeming to follow him as he casually walk in and sits down in a chair, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his legs as he laces his fingers together and looks at Heinkiel over them* You know I am not one for bravado, and while I do enjoy combat of any type, you should have let me just end them quickly instead of using flashier spells. *he then turns his attention to Tryst and Enialis* You two did nothing wrong. We are here to get sponsors so that the school might receive funding from the Mage's Games. Speaking highly of yourself is an excellent strategy. Its equally as effective as showing off. *he returns his cold gaze back to the sponsors* Gentlemen, I am not as silver-tongued as my older bruder, but trust me when I say, what you saw from myself and Uriel, is but a tip of the iceberg. We, Dread Wake, have been dominating the Mage's Games for the past two years running. You ask for the best? Then look no further. *he looks over to Tish, a smirk forming before he returns his attention to the sponsors* However, it is as the gut doktor says, too much of anything is unhealthy, and the same can be said for words. Give us your sponsorship, and I promise what I deny you today in words, I will make up for a hundred fold in action. *he leans back, holding his hands out and open as the sponsors look at the fully-gathered Dread Wake* So then, Gentlemen, what are your offers? 

~The College of Avalon, Atrium~

Morpheus: *he watches as Samazurae joins Michael, Katarina, and Kiria, a smirk forming on his face* Wake Souls tend to congregate...I think they may just be the ones the Arch Mage said to look out for. *Morpheus suddenly feels a powerful demonic aura enter the school, his attention immediately drawn to the doors as Mercer walks in.*

Mercer: *he sniffs the air, the scent of the food immediately catching his attention. Among his siblings, Mercer was known for having one thing...a stomach that could make even a demon of Gluttony cringe. He immediately grabs three plates, tapping the bottoms of two of them to form Demonic Seals on them. The plates suddenly begin floating as Mercer moves throughout the buffet, grabbing food and loading it in a comical, speedy fashion*

Morpheus: Gods above...*he squints in disgust at the large amounts of food being heaped by the Iciauarian Skunk* That man is going to kill himself if he eats that much...and here I thought such a buffoon would make me nervous?...

Noah: *shortly after Mercer finishes finally loading his desert plate, Noah half-slides into the atrium as he stops himself from overrunning* Woooaaaah....*he gazes in awe at the sheer size of the atrium itself, realizing that this vast hall was just the beginning of the College* Amazing...I can't believe such a place really exists...

Mercer: *as he chews greedily on a bone in his mouth from a chicken leg that he had stripped clean in one bite, he glances back and sees Noah wandering and looking around* Well, looks like he actually did it. *he then looks over to the group and sees Samazurae talking with Michael, Katarina, and Kiria* And those others got in as well...And it looks like that Tropic girl made it, too. So, these are gonna be my classmates...

Lovecraft: *he pops up out from Mercer's pocket, floating as he looks around* Niiiiiiiiiiiice!~ much brighter than the Institute! Don't get me wrong, Law Warlock Arts can't be topped, but this place is just absolutely beautiful!~

Mercer: Yep....*he's staring dreamily at a large cheese steak with melted cheese, peppers, onions, pickles, mustard, and ketchup* Beautiful....*he takes a massive bite from the confection, eating half of the whole thing in one bite*
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Genepoints : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 5/22/2016, 12:17 am

Kiria's eyes light up when she sees that she's being drawn by her new friend. Then just as her tail couldn't wag any faster than it was, she hears Katarina speaking Sylvan and she lets out a loud squeal of excitement. Before Katarina can react, the fox-like girl nearly knocks the Nighthalzen over as she wraps her into an exuberant hug, her tail rapidly lashing back and forth. You speak Sylvan! My new friend speaks Sylvan! And you are drawing me too! You're so kind! She speaks quickly in fluent Sylvan, hearing Samaurazae behind her and breaking the hug to wave hello to the new arrival.

She puts a hand to her collarbone after Micheal introduces himself. "My name is Kiria! It is nice to meet you as well!" She speaks to the tropican girl, her awkward tone and dialect showing that she was obviously more comfortable speaking Sylvan than she was Common. Moments after she introduces herself, her stomach begins to rumble loudly and she scratches the back of her head in embarrassment, her face red from ear to ear. "I am sorry! I seem to still be hungry from calling upon the wolf goddess' blessing in the test! Please excuse me!" She speaks, bounding off to the table of food and grabbing some larger hunks of meat from it as well as a slice of some very sweet smelling pastry. She didn't know what it was but she liked how it smelled.

She heard the doors to the atrium opening and her ears twitched as she heard the skunk-like person from before coming inside of the room. She quickly stepped aside as she watched him pile up food onto several plates that began to float around him. She stared in awe at them as she watched them float with him as he walked, bounding after him as he went to sit down and eat. She wagged her tail excitedly as she walked up behind him and spoke in Sylvan out of excitement. That was amazing! How do you do that? I want to try making things float too! She says excitedly before carefully ripping into the meat that she had with her. She wasn't too excited to eat after all!
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Genepoints : 0

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 5/22/2016, 7:51 am

Katarina winced at she was wrapped in an unsuspecting hug, as she wasn't used to human contact. She took a couple steps back and bowed slightly as she formally introduced herself.

"I am Katarina, here on behalf of my mentor, Aurellios, and the fact that I finally wished to get a proper education.... What the hell is going on there." She became distracted as she caught sight of Mercer piling his enchanted plates high with food as Kiria ran over to bother him. She felt her stomach growl ever so slightly, so she held out her hand, palm up. a small black hole formed in her hand, and over at the table. A second black hole formed under a decadent slice of Chocolate cake that Mercer was reaching for to toss onto a plate. It fell through the black hole, plate and all, and reappeared in Katarina's hand. She could hear her deity chuckle in the back of her mind as she took a bite of the cake. 

"I do hope that we could all be classmates, as I can sense great power from each of you. Perhaps we could learn and grow together as casters, and maybe eventually friends."

“siht i furgot that wheres that bitch Sirloin when you need her”
Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile http://Pointsettia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 5/23/2016, 10:31 am

Michael scoots over a bit, allowing Samazurae the space to properly sit next to him. As she speaks, he watches her movements closely -- she was nervous, that much was clear. But her willingness to speak with the others was proof that she wanted to establish friendly relations. The Pauli's smile draws faint as she stops speaking, his thoughts lingering on the mention of the word Tropic. The Insurgency War had been over for some time, but being that it was an event that consumed a vast majority of the galaxy... the Tropicans had garnered a bit of a bad reputation due to what had happened. His own people had working alongside the Liberators against the Tropican regime -- his planetary system was actually quite close in proximity to that of the Anootian system that co-lead the Liberator campaign alongside Iciaura. While Michael did not personally hold any resentment towards Tropicans... the Pauli had made it clear what their position on the war was and who they stood with.

And on top of the Insurgency War... There was the mess that the Anootian Koko had made on Pauli only a few years ago -- a mess that Michael had a personal issue with. Granted, Tropic itself had little to do with that, but the Koko were still associated with Tropic in the eyes of the Pauli. Michael realized that an awkward lapse of time had passed as he had processed this information. How should he regard Samazurae? As a friend? A possible enemy? A victim of circumstance? In any case, if she were as knowledgeable about Insurgency's history as he was, then she may understand how uncomfortable he now felt.

"...My people are born of the planet Pauli, in the Alpha Herculis system."

Elite Uber Fan

Genepoints : 1

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile http://bisharpcreed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 5/29/2016, 10:23 am

*Samazurae picks up on a rather gluttonous emotion coming into the Atrium, and upon seeing it’s Mercer, she waves delicately at him.  She was glad to see that he made it.  Then Kiria came to introduce herself before bouncing off to consume the eatables she needed.  She was so full of life, her emotion gauge was bursting!  At least Samazurae now knew her name, and Katarina’s too.  The black hole trick was very interesting, as her eyes widened when she witnessed it - no wonder she got in!*

Samazurae: I would be happy to be friendly with each of you!

*By the time Michael responded, his mood had changed.  There was something deeper within him, untouchable to her right now, but stirring within all the same.  Could it be that he felt uncomfortable around her because of something she couldn’t help?*

Samazurae: Pa-uli.  *she pronounced through her accent*  That’s a Liberator planet.  *she pauses, looking away for a moment before looking back at him*  Thank you, Liberator.  I’ve heard stories told by my Sky King, that Pauli in particular helped all my unhappy people to safety.  I wasn’t around then to know for sure, but I don’t want you to think that just because our homes were on opposing ends at one time, doesn’t mean we have to be.

*It was clear that she wanted to keep peace, true to her species nature and didn’t want anything about the past being brought up to prohibit them from being future allies.  Her people did their best to stay away from the warmongering Koko, Human and Feed tribes, but through decades of interbreeding, it was impossible to avoid the layers of differing genes she had within her, even though most of her was Aeonimbic.  She smiled, putting her hands in-between her thighs, pushing her skirt through.  Maybe he thought of the war differently - different sides were known to look at things from a unique perspective, that she knew.  She also knew that not every single being that shared her world was as good as they ought to be after such a crippling loss.  A scumbag is a scumbag, no matter what they are.*

Samazurae: I hope you don’t feel pressure from the planet I represent.  If you want to know anything, please, I am an open book… but be aware, not every page is filled in.

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile http://rockyrobot.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 5/30/2016, 5:19 am

Michael nods slowly, making a conscious effort to be sure he did not seem intimidating to Samazurae. It was fairly clear by now that the two of them would not have to hold any animosity towards each other, which Michael was all too thankful for. While he did enjoy friendly competitions and rivalries, the last thing he needed was to make an enemy of a potential ally. After all, the art of War was intimately linked with social ties and who one could trust. He looks to Samazurae directly as he speaks. "My apologies... I do not dislike you or hold any grudges towards you or your people. History recognizes that Tropic was placed in a difficult and impossible situation before and during the War, and I myself am no stranger to such circumstances. As such, it is no wish of mine to reopen such old wounds, but please know that I, too, am willing to speak on any matters regarding my homeland."

With that, he looks up, seeing that more people had gathered. "...It's incredible, isn't it? Being here, in this place, seeing what kinds of people can be linked together by something that runs deeper than blood? That one thing that we all share is our use of the arcane arts. And for such a diversity of people who also wish to grow beyond the borders of their homeworlds... I'm truly thankful for this opportunity that has been granted to me. Now, th-"

He pauses, squinting his eyes as he leans forward, his sight focused on a certain floating book by the food table.

"Is that tome speaking...?"

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul on 6/1/2016, 9:40 pm

~College Atrium~

Mercer: *as he reaches for the cake, he grabs only air as it disappears into the black hole.* What?! *he looks around, comically spooked* What kind of witchcraft?! *he then glances over and sees Katarina, hearing her as she speaks to everyone. However, instead of normally being angry, he was more impressed.* Black Hole Magic...that's some high-level stuff. *he then nods to her, absent-minded as he grabbed an apple and ate it in one bite, spitting the core out behind him. Suddenly, he looks in time as Kiria runs up to him and starts speaking rapidly in Sylvan* Woah woah woah...slow down there, tiny. I'm not too good on the Sylvan there. *he notices that she seems interested in the plates he made float and looks around at them* You curious about these? Its a Demon Seal, old Law Warlock technique. You bind a Lesser Demon, like an Imp or a Wisp, and you place it within a seal, placed on any object through touch.

Lovecraft: OI! NITWIT! *he floats over and comically smacks Mercer upside the head with his back cover* Don't go blabbing about family magic arts to outsiders!

Mercer: Lovecraft, look at this girl. If she's a Warlock, I'm Daitengu's uncle. 

Lovecraft: *he glances over, feeling a gaze on him as he notices Michael looking at him* Hey, Mercer...Tall, feathered, and toothy over there is eyeballing me...

Mercer: Usually, you're the one who points out the obvious...YOU'RE A TALKING BOOK! *he eats an entire pie slice in one bite, chewing it quickly and swallowing it in one gulp.* You're about as strange to anyone outside the Law Institute as you can get! And besides, from how everyone interacted with him out in the front gates, he doesn't seem like a bad dude. Hey, maybe making friends will be easier than we thought?

Noah: *he looks over, finally seeing Mercer, Samazurae, and everyone else.* They all made it. They all must be really strong!

Phiera: *her voice enters Noah's mind* I can sense great power from all of them. Indeed, you would do well to find your allies here. Start with what you know.

Noah: *he smiles and walks over to Mercer, waving to him as he sits down* Hey, Mercer! Glad you made it, man!

Mercer: *he smiles, halfway through a half of a whole pizza pie as he reaches over, bumping fists with Noah. He tears off the chunk of pizza he was biting into and swallows hard* Good looks, man! Glad you got in, too!

Noah: *he smiles and nods to Kiria* Hello! I remember you from the front! You sure have a lot of energy! I'm Noah, what's your name?

~Iciaura, Law's Chokehold~

*Deep within the tundras of Iciaura sat a large, walled, gothic city, protected by an overhanging cliff that jutted out like a roof above it. This city, Law's Chokehold, was the main city and home of the Law Family, and one of the most renowned progressive cities in all of the Mystic Revolution. Here, countless libraries hold ancient tomes, steeped in Dark, Forbidden, Heretical, and even Profane arts. In one of the largest libraries, The Roaring Vaults, some of the most sought-after and rarest Necromantic Tomes ever written in the history of Mosaic itself stayed tucked away, locked so that none could ever open them again. In the front lobby of the library, where scholars and treasure hunters could turn in tomes for bounties, a lone girl strolled into the building. She was a New Moon Fenrir, appearing to be in her early teens, with golden blonde hair that hung down medium-length to her shoulders loosely, her eyes sharp and scarlet with a light, mischievous light to them. Her tail was bushy, and golden with a white tip. She wore a tall, burgundy fur hat that added at least a full foot to her height, as well as a matching dress, lined with what appeared to be gray animal fur,  with a shoulder shawl lined similarly. Around her neck hung a simple, silver locket with what appeared to be a strange engraving on it. As she walked in, she seemed to skip a bit, smiling as she made her way to the front desk. Her name was Nonali Night-Howl, and she was most certainly NOT there to make a deposit...*

Nonali: *she smiles as she arrives to the desk and daintily rests her arms on the top of it, resting her chin cutely on her hands as she looks up to the clerk* Paaaaaaaaardon me~ I'm here to check out a book, if you don't mind.

Clerk: *the clerk was a tall, male Skunk with dark, combed forward black hair and a black, goatee-like ring of fur around his mouth. He looked overworked, underpaid, and just miserable. As Nonali spoke, he looks down at her, slightly suspicious of the girl's behavior and request* Um...do you have a Royal Warrant? You kinda need one to rent any of the books from this place.

Nonali: Naaaah. But I don't need it!~ *she grabs the locket and brings it up to her face, whispering to it playfully.* Hey, Nero....Come on out and play, big brother...

Clerk: *he stares in horror as a lumbering, towering shadow forms up and casts over him. Soon, a deep, pained, mad, howling growl can be heard as the clerk starts shaking in fear at the creature before him* I wasn't even supposed to be here today...*all the clear can do is scream as the creature roars and lunges at him*

Nonali: *after many minutes of combat, violence, and slaughter, Nonali skips down the vault halls towards one particular door. The door is a vast, round, thick iron block engraved with more wards than most buildings twice the library's size had. She smiled, holding up a bloodstained key rune that she had stolen from one of the clerks, and opened the vault door. Inside sat only one book...an old, dusty tome, made from dried leather that appeared to be flesh of some kind at one point. All throughout the bindings, glowing green runes decorated the cover. Nonali smiled as she stepped forward and took the book in hand* Its finally mine...the Necronomicus Infinitum! A book, written by ancient Necromancers and compiled together to contain nearly every Necromantic spell and incantation in Mosaic! And its finally mine! *she takes the book, smiling as the same shadow as early casts over her* Big brother, please make an escape exit for us? *The creature behind her growls, moaning slightly as it lumbers past her and knocks straight through the walls, a grin on Nonali's face as she casually strolled out the back of the library, taking the book and placing it inside a fuzzy, burgundy backpack she had brought with her. She made her way out into a back alley, the creature who she referred to as her brother standing still in the shadows, groaning slightly as it breaths. As she walks past him, she kisses the locket. The creature moans pathetically and glows with green light before vanishing. Nonali then smiles and walks out into the streets, casually strolling between the people who were racing towards the library in order to see what was going on. All throughout Law's Chokehold, sirens wailed. She began to skip, content as she made her way to the spaceport.*
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/2/2016, 4:58 am

Kiria tilts her head out of confusion for what Mercer was saying before hearing the word 'demon'. Instantly the fur on her tail stands straight up on end and she starts to growl at him. Demon magic was a forbidden practice on her home planet and the very sight of it made many Catien's either angry or afraid. She lashes her tail angrily after hearing more of Mercer's explanation, understanding enough to speak back to him. Abilities like that are forbidden on my world! How can you just use it so freely?! She barks in Sylvan, not particularly caring about her causing a scene. After taking a moment to collect herself however, she sighs and starts to speak in her clunky common once more. "I am sorry for my outburst. Using black magic from the book of Chaos is forbidden on my world and many of our culture have been banished from village's because of its presence. I can only remember one other who had practiced that kind of magic in our village and she had been banished the moment my mother found out." She looks to Noah, having reached behind her to gently smooth out the fur on her tail with her hand as he came up to speak, smiling to him as she grooms her tail.

Hearing his greeting, she giggles and nods to him, her tail still being groomed in her dainty hands. "Yes I am full of excitement from being here! My elder sister was the one chosen to come but did not wish to do so. So I chose to go in her place. I am Kiria Roranheim, a Catien from the planet Talarus. It is nice to meet you Noah." She speaks, watching the floating plates more nervously now. Finally noticing the flying book, she blinks at it curiously before reaching out and poking it, staring at it with a tilt of her head. "Your book is so strange....is it another product of your practice from the book of Chaos?" She asked. While she knew that the book of Chaos, a legendary tome that had been created by the god of darkness and discord (at least according to Talarus mythology and religion) to bind, control and use dark magics that the people of Mosaic more commonly referred to as Warlock magic, was practiced all over the galaxy, she had no idea that she would be meeting someone with its practice's so quickly....The thought actually made her nervous.
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul on 6/2/2016, 11:38 am

Lovecraft: *his pages rustle at the poking as he snarls cutely at Kiria* "HIS BOOK" HAS A NAME, YOU KNOW!

Mercer: *he sighs, rolling his eyes and shaking his head before swatting Lovecraft* Sorry, this here is Lovecraft. As for this "Book of Chaos" thing you're talking about, nah, I don't know anything from it. That must be your world's version of Demonology and Warlock Arts. My world is much...different. There, the Dark Arts are learned in an effort to keep true evil from growing too strong. Kind of a fight fire with fire thing. Anyway, Lovecraft is indeed the product of my arts. He's a Knowledge Demon, bound to a book.

Lovecraft: *that was the second time he heard Mercer call him a Knowledge Demon, and this time it seemed to bother him. However, for some reason, he kept quiet about it, only grumbling to himself* I'll deal with you later, Law....

Mercer: Anyway, I can see my trick is making you a bit uncomfortable...*he snaps his fingers, and the seals disappear from beneath the plates. The plates then gently float down and set on the table, Mercer holding his hands out at the end of the trick* Ta-da~ No more Demon Seals! Sorry about giving you the spooks earlier.

Noah: See? When he's fed, Mercer's actually a pretty decent guy!~

Mercer: *he smirks, laughing as Noah cut on him* Oh can it, Totem-jockey!

Noah: Nah, then you'll miss your date. I hear Lovecraft set you up with a real ugly one from some dark, demonic pit! *both boys start laughing, Mercer smacking the table jovially as Noah stomps the ground* 

Mercer: Okay, okay, you got me there! That's two now! Don't get cocky, Ash-Claw! We got aaaaaaaall our tenures here still!

Noah: Just means more time that I get to bury you on the cuts!

Mercer: *he chuckles, holding his gut a bit before glancing over to Michael, Katarina, and Samazurae. He smiles and waves them over, calling out loudly to them* Yo! You three! Why don't you come on over and join us!? We're the first six to pass the entrance exams! That makes us the six top guns of our class! We should all stick together, like Kat over here says!

Noah: *he scratches his head, a bit overwhelmed by Mercer's boldness*
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/3/2016, 2:27 am

Katarina glances as she hears her and her little group being called out to. She looks past Samazurae at the Skunk waving to them and narrows her eyes a bit. Iciaurans were never on the best terms with Hanwindians, so she was a bit weary as first before side stepping and walking towards them. Her wings unfurled just a little, now relaxing instead of being so tight against her back. Katarina continued eating her cake as she eyed Noah and Mercer through her blindfold, determining their power. The fire user... He has a power that runs just a bit deeper then the elemental he works with. And the warlock, easy passings... She gave a quick smile before it returned to her neutral look.

"Hello to both of you. Congratulations on passing the exam. I do hope we can work together to reach our greater goals." she spoke ever so politely, bowing deeply as well.

These two made her a bit weary, so she was a bit on edge. Then again, everyone made her weary...

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 6/8/2016, 3:16 am

*Samazurae breathed in deeply as Michael offered his wisdom and alliance to her, nodding along with his statements in agreement.  She was grateful and relieved to know that he was open to the idea of discussing their planets' pasts, but also more so interested in moving on from it.  The minute he brought up Mercer’s special companion, however, her eyes opened wide.*

Samazurae: It radiates emotion as if it’s really alive, even though it isn’t a typical book!  I knew I sensed something earlier!  *she then notices Noah step in, who then heads over to Mercer, Lovecraft and Kiria*  And it looks like he made it, too!  I’m really glad...

*After Mercer had called them all over, she thought it would be a good idea to get to know them better and learn more about their range of emotions.  Carefully excusing herself from the seat beside Michael and stepping over to them, she found out there was more food over here than she initial thought!  Grabbing herself a dish off the edge, she reached around the area to grab a variation of things, except for any kind of meat-related products.*

*Diets were different on Tropic than many other places, and it was all due to its population.  It all began with the Great Collection; Humans and Koko ate other living creatures regularly, but not each other.  That’s why the Collected were also called “The Feed.”  After the MIW, of course, The Feed incessantly fought for civil rights, only recently becoming as powerful and influential as the Human and Koko.  As an Aeonimbic that shared Feed DNA, she was grateful for this.  It was thanks to science, chemistry and agriculture that the people of the planet were able to eat harmoniously with one another, without eating each other.*

Samazurae: *taking a big bite out of a sugary doughnut* It’s great!!  *chomps down on a fruit*  So fresh!!

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 6/12/2016, 9:42 pm

"They're being so loud..." Michael muttered under his breath a moment after Katarina and Samazurae had gotten up to join the others at the food table. Kiria's shouting at Mercer in Sylvan earlier hadn't been lost on his ears, and as the other five began to crowd the food table, Michael let out a defeated sigh. The Pauli had just decided that he needed to make connections, after all. Perhaps one of the other five would prove to be a useful ally in the future?

Finally reaffirming himself, the large feathered reptilian slowly stood up and began to walk towards the others at a leisurely pace. Having already eaten his share of the food, he was no longer interested in eating and he passed by the table of food. After nodding to the others in acknowledgement, Michael turned his back against the wall where the table was resting, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed across his torso. A yawn escaped his lips, and he suddenly became aware of how tired he truly was. But after traveling so far across the galaxy, and having to take the Exam with the anxiety that went with it, that shouldn't have been too surprising.

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul on 7/14/2016, 12:21 pm

~The College of Avalon, Aura Wake Dorm Exercise room~

Theresa: *a tall, lean, beautiful woman with long, white hair, adorned by a white silk bonnet and wearing a flowing white gown of lace and silk that appears almost as if it was tailored for a wedding is seen walking through the weight lifting room of Aura Wake Dorm. The room is a large hall filled with all different types of various strength training and cardiovascular training machines, weights and benches, as well as other things one would find at a gym. However, there were also various Magical devices here as well, such as a combat training golem, an Energy Pool Calculator, and of course healing chambers as well as meditation chambers. As the woman walked, she appeared to have a very strange tail, like one of a large reptile, dragging behind her from under her dress. Her green eyes glowed warmly as she walked to meet with the student whom she was sent to fetch. She spoke pleasantly but professionally, her voice a warm, vibrant melody.* Mr. Combitere? The Arch-Mage requests your presence in the Atrium. The ceremonies are beginning to wear down, and the new Aura Wake candidates have already assembled. Once the students are sorted, it will be your duty to escort them to the dorms.

Rex: *laying on one of the benches, lifting a very large bar that seemed to be capable of adjusting the weight remotely, is an ape-anthro with long, shaggy, red fur covering his face and forming a mess of dreadlocks tied back in a ponytail. His arms, however, appear to be mechanical, with various speakers that seem to be etched into the arms along the forearm. He is wearing a pair of single-band sunglasses and a white wife beater with the words "Make Music, Not Beef" accompanied by a cartoon of an angry bull face printed onto it. He is wearing a pair of cammo cargo shorts with various chains hanging out from the pockets and hooked onto his belt. His legs, from the knees down, like his arms, were also mechanical, and appeared as boots with speakers going up the shin. As he pumps the bar, the sounds of the machinery in his arms groaned as he growls low and places the bar back into its cradle. He then lets out a relieved sigh and lets himself fall back.* Damn....how much was that, Eli?

Eli: *sitting on a pile of weights is a plump, orange tabby cat with closed eyes and a permanent smile on his face. Sitting on his head is a classic blue wizard's hat with a small, plump rim and a jagged tip. The cat licks his paw before speaking, his voice deep and wise, as if he was a calm, old man.* That was 379 reps of 389 pounds....you were off by just one, but you beat your previous record by 12, desu-nyan.

Rex: *he groans and curses, stamping his foot in frustration* Double damn, yo! I need to break 430 next time on the reps! Might even raise up to an even 400 pounds, too!

Theresa: *her voice is much sterner* Mr. Combitere...

Rex: *he turns and looks to her, pushing his sunglasses up so he can look at her with his eyes, two small, yellow, beady things that they were.* Oh, yooooo! Hey, Theresa! So, whats that about noobies?

Eli: *he hops down and waddles over to Theresa, plopping down and sitting next to her as he looked up at Rex* She was just telling us that the Arch Mage wishes to see you at the Atrium. You get to show them around the dorm, desu-nyan.

Theresa: *she looks down and smiles, scratching Eli's head affectionately, getting the cat to purr* Thank you, Elijah.

Rex: *he flicks his sunglasses back onto his face and smiles, snapping his fingers and pointing at Theresa* I'm aaaaaaallll over that, baby. Don't you worry.

Eli: Reeeeex....*the cat pads up to Rex, raising an eyebrow to him* Remember what I said about hitting on classmates?....

Rex: *he groans and nods* Sorry, Eli...

Eli: A Dorm Parent's job is never done, desu-nyan...*he stands up, stretching his paws before waddling off towards the exit* Come along, Rex...we should go to the Atrium immediately, desu-nyan...Tell the Arch Mage we will be there shortly, Theresa, desu-nyan.

Theresa: *she smiles and nods politely, bowing slightly before walking off after Eli*

Rex: Yo, wait up, Eli! For a pudgy little guy, you sure move! *he runs off after Eli, eager to catch up with the cat*

~The College of Avalon, Atrium~

*as the group waited, spending time small talking, many more students began to gather in the Atrium. Some, students who were already enrolled and simply there to scope out the new arrivals. Others, fellow inductees, all patiently waiting. After nearly two hours, finally, the lights in the atrium chandelier above their heads glow brightly and suddenly, the windows dimming as the students finally began to realize that the entrance exams were over*

Mercer: Looks like this is it, folks....the big time.

*the sounds of doors creaking echo out through the atrium, as two sets of doors open at the top of the steps where Morpheus sat. Through them and into the atrium, seeming to glide as he walks, is Arch Mage Neir Desudari, now wearing a white dress shirt with a dark green vest of satin. Around his waist hung a dark green sash embroidered with golden seals depicting various elemental spells in an intricate circle. As he looked out over the stairs at the large crowd that was now all staring in awe, his eyes fell on the group at the tables. His cheeks seemed to rise slightly, as if a slight grin was forming on his face. Behind him, Theresa, Rex, and Eli all step out. Rex, chuckling and sucking on his teeth in anticipation, looks out at the crowd with his hand making a visor above his eyes*

Rex: Daaaaaaamn! Yo, teach! Over there at the tables! That one girl there is from my homeworld, Talarus! Guess the East Side finally decided to get with the program and send a rep! *he grins and waves out at her, pointing at her flirtatiously* You think she's single?

Morpheus: Combitiere, that's hardly appropriate. I'm 95% sure Eli probably gave you the talk already...*he looks to the cat, his eyebrow raised* What will it be when he gets back to the dorm?

Eli: *the cat purrs slightly and swishes his tail back and forth before speaking* Nyow, nyow, Morpheus, I told Rex that he would be punished if he hit on any of the students...Thinking about it isn't an offense, desu-nyan.

Rex: Awww, Eli, you giving me the benefit of the doubt?! *he smiles and walks over, scratching the cat behind the ear* Thank you, man!

Eli: *he closes his eyes, purring as he enjoys the ear massage* That being said, I was thinking a Lima bean plant or possibly a cockroach this time, desu-nyan.

Rex: *his glasses nearly fall off as he looks at Eli with an annoyed expression* Really, man?

Neir: *he chuckles, turning his attention to Morpheus* Any problems?

Morpheus: Nope, they all seem good. And the new team...they definitely have more vigor than the last batch.

Neir: Lets hope so...While I love the company of Wormlord Manimeus, I detest the rantings and prideful ravings of his Dean of Staff, General Heinkiel. I would not object to wiping that smug grin of his face at this year's games...Do we have an S or X-rank available for any possible Tiebreaker rounds?

Morpheus: I am always available unless a mission is given at the time, Arch Mage.

Rex: *he turns around and wipes his nose with his thumb as he flexes his mechanical arms* Yo, you know I got this, Arch Mage. Let me in there! This year, I'm pumped!

Neir: ....Is Styx still in the library?

Theresa: I approached him and requested his presence here, but he politely declined. He is deep in thought...apparently, Salem's work in the galaxy has been a bit...overzealous as of late.

Neir: I see...Well then, I will go to him personally and speak with him after the ceremony. Savanos?

Savanos: *as soon as his name is spoken, an aquamarine seal appears on the ground next to Neir. As the ground shimmers, Savanos suddenly appears in a flash of blue-green light* Yes, Arch Mage?

Neir: Shall we begin?

Savanos: *his cheeks rise slightly as he bows* Certainly. *he then taps his foot three times on the floor, a small podium suddenly rising up from the ground at the top of the stairs.* You have the floor now, Arch Mage.

Neir: *the Arch Mage steps forward to the podium, seeming to clear his throat before speaking* Greetings, one and all, and welcome to the College of Avalon! Congratulations are in order for all of you, as you are now students here at the College. Your tenure here will last for as long as you feel you need it. As long as you are a member of this College, you will be permitted by the Grand Magic Council as well as the Mosaic Intergalactic Alliance to perform research into the many different fields of magical arts. Some of you have come here to learn, and make yourselves better mages. Others, because you seek glory in discovering the truths found in Magic. There are even some who join because they have nowhere else to go, and seek purpose in life. You have demonstrated that you possess the skills necessary to achieve these purposes, whichever you may follow. Just know this...the College is your home, and those who call themselves students here, I consider members of my own family. If there are any concerns or questions you may have, please, feel free to come to my office and make them known. Now, without further adieu, I give you, your Dean of Staff, Savanos Narn. *he bows politely, offering the podium to Savanos*

Savanos: *he steps forward, his eyes lighting up as he looks out to all the eager students here in attendance. He snaps his fingers as a large book suddenly appears and rests daintily on the podium. Savanos then opens the book and turns to the first page, looking up at the students before speaking.* Now then, when we call your name, please step forward to receive your assigned Dorm. Those of you whose names are not called, report directly to Arch Mage Neir's study. *he then clears his throat and begins naming off students from the group of entrants*

Noah: I wonder what Dorm I'll get...

Mercer: I just hope mine has the cook that made the food from this thing! If that's the case, I'm gonna need waaaaaay bigger pants!

Noah: *he giggles slightly at the joke. However, clowning around aside, Noah was still very nervous. After nearly an hour and a half, everyone except for Michael, Katarina, Kiria, Samazurae, Noah, and Mercer had been called*

Mercer: Anybody else got a feeling that something weird is about to happen?...

Savanos: *after finally calling on the last entrant, he closes the book that he was reading the names from and snaps his fingers. The book immediately seems to swallow itself up, swirling like a vortex before disappearing* Now then, that's everyone! Will those who's names were not called please report to Arch Mage Neir?

Rex: *he and Morpheus both smile before standing up and walking back through the double doors that Rex had emerged from. It seemed that, whatever they were waiting for, was already about to happen*

Mercer: Huh...no dorm or something? Well, if we're camping...*he glances up at Michael* Don't expect me to snuggle you if it gets cold. I ain't into that stuff.

Noah: I doubt we're being forced to camp outside...maybe we're going to be transferred to another school or something? Perhaps the College is full?

Mercer: I don't know...but I guess the Arch Mage has all the answers, huh?
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 7/14/2016, 9:34 pm

Thoughts of Self-Doubt rushed themselves through Katarina's head as she wordlessly heads to meet with the Arch Mage. Was she not good enough for this school? Was the incantation off?

...Did they find out she didn't put her all into her exam?

'Patience, Child.' Aurellios chuckled. 'I sense something great for you.'

She stopped walking and clenched her fists, claws digging into her palms. In the centuries she had been alive, this was the most anxious she's ever been. Katarina thought for a few seconds, before reaching into her bag and pulling out the slightly tattered pink ribbon once more. She tied it around her waist, it now standing out against all the black she wore. She could hear her friend's voices, and they brought comfort to her.

'Still wearing all black? Kat baby, you need a wardrobe update! I'll get Wrath to buy you one.'

'Don't hold your breath, cousin.'

She gave a smile and looked back at the others as she adjusted blindfold, before continuing on her way.

"Here's to hopefully something better."

As she walked on, unsure if the others would follow, she spread her wings fully. They flapped a couple times, generating a few powerful gusts before folding back in. Stretching felt wonderful, but as she folded her left wing, Katarina grabbed it as a searing pain went through it. It had always been this wing that would take the beating. It's been shot, stabbed, broken, dislocated, plucked, and almost torn off more times then she could count. The Nighthalzen called these 'Century Pains'.

'...What I get for being immortal...' she thought to herself as she continued on her way.

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 8/4/2016, 11:29 pm

Michael furrowed his brows after Savanos put away the book that had been used for sorting the students. Why hadn't he been called? Had he neglected to do something in the entrance exams? Was it because his ability to actually cast normal spells was subpar? Granted, that was true of most Arcanists, but that wouldn't account for the others who hadn't been called. It was the words of Mercer that pulled him from his musings, and the Pauli simply winked at the other mage before walking with the others to meet the Arch Mage.

Truthfully, a distraction from his fears of already being expelled would be welcome. He'd only just begun his journey, and to already be barred from continuing would be heart-wrenching. Especially when he'd come to the school out of necessity, not just because it was offered to him. There was information on magic here that wasn't available anywhere else in the Mosaic Cloud! And now his fate seemed so uncertain after only getting the smallest of tastes of what being a true mage would entail. What did the Arch Mage wish of him and the others?

He'd find out soon enough.

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 8/7/2016, 12:34 am

Samazurae had finished eating much more quickly than she expected, making her believe the food here was intentionally high in nutrients to supply the beings with enough energy to practice their magic.  The last time she felt this full and satisfied was at her leaving Ceremony back home.  It truly reminded her of how far she’d come.

When the other students and higher mages came in to inspect and greet everyone, lots of different personalities were being picked up on Samazurae’s emotion radar.  For the most part, everyone emanated positive vibes.  It was only until Arch Mage Neir and Savanos stepped up that all the moods shifted back into that nervous-excited state.  She too, emitted such emotions.

The hour and a half of name-calling felt longer than it really was.  By the time Samazurae figured out her name wasn’t on the initial listing, she turned to the others whom she’d made acquaintance with.

Samazurae: Looks like I’m not the only one who wasn’t called… what a relief…

At first she thought it was her planet’s history with the other races of the galaxy that prevented her name from being called.  Michael was Pauli after all, which was involved in the MIW, but did the others have such a past, too?  Unfortunately, she didn’t detect a single commonality this group had with one another.  As she scurried along to meet with this Arch Mage, she noted that the others were either scared, confused or miffed by this unexpected obstacle.

Samazurae: Sky King, please let it be good news…

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 8/9/2016, 5:34 am

Kiria smiles as she watches Samazurae come over and stuff her face with food, watching quietly as she watches everyone mill about. Her ears swivel on top of her head as she hears Arch Mage Savanos and Neir announce the house and dorm sorting ceremony to commence. The whistling of Rex catches her ears and she looks up to spot him near the railing at the top of the stairs. She watches him wave and point at her flirtatiously, giving him a big grin and wild wave when he does so. She's oblivious to his intentions as her tail wags back and forth excitedly at seeing at least one person that was from her homeworld here.

Upon hearing the instructions for the sorting ceremony, she grows excitable and begins to hop up and down. Her various ornaments and animal teeth and bones on her outfit make soft sounds as they bounce with her. But upon not hearing her name not being called amongst the others, she tilts her head and watches as the further instructions for following the Arch Magi into the room at the top of the stairwell. Had she done something wrong? Perhaps her magic was a little too much for the test and she was going to be told to come back once she'd had more control over it? She frowns as she slowly starts to crawl over the tables and chairs on all fours, hopping up onto the railing of the stairs as she climbed up the stairwell.

She hopped down onto the ground at the top after finishing her climb, standing up straight and brushing herself off. Her excitement had faded and been replaced by anxiety and thinly stretched nerves. She was quiet as well, something that was unusual behavior for her so far. In her mind, her thoughts were whirling with uncertainties and a few second thoughts about having come to the college as the representative of the Catien race instead of her elder sister.

Were her blessings from the Wolf Goddess not enough?
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul on 8/21/2016, 5:21 am

~The College of Avalon, Aura Wake Library~

*the library itself was a tall, long room stacked with shelf upon shelf of magical tomes and grimoires. Along the beginnings of each aisle stood large cubical containers, stacked upon each other as they climbed the rows, each cubical containing numerous scrolls and parchments. At the far back of the library was a large study area, with a warm fireplace snugly in the back and arranged with various comfortable furniture. Sitting in one of the large, red, comfortable chairs in front of the fireplace was a large being, easily 6'5 if he stood, clad in what appeared to be golden armor tightly covering his form. The metal adorning his head was sleeked back and conformed to his head perfectly, etchings that looked like giant scaled plates running along his head. Between each plate, blue energy seemed to glow forth in rhythm to his breathing. Even his hands and feet were coated in metal, forming tight, flexible gauntlets and sleek boots. The being's face was completely covered by metal, his eyes glowing a light, warm blue color and his mouth completely hidden behind a plate of gold with a single crack down the middle where his chin would be. Over his armored form, the being wore a blue, toga-like tunic with the bottom tied off close by a chain belt, adorned with eight blue spheres the size of softballs. The lower half of his tunic formed a sash, emblazoned with a silver hawk behind a blue background. The being sat comfortably, a large tome in hand as he paged through it casually. In the background, the sound of the ground cracking and something growing out from the earth being to echo out. A lone plant grows behind the being, growing until it becomes a small tree that twists and warps, changing colors and textures until standing there was a full-sized clone of Arch Mage Neir*

Neir: *he places a hand on the chair and leans forward, speaking politely as he addresses the being in the chair* Hello, Young Midas. Charming day, isn't it? We missed you at the induction ceremony...

Styx: *the being, now identified as Styx Midas, turns his head and inclines with a nod in greetings, his voice being deep and metallic, but wise past the youth in his voice* Warm greetings to you as well, Arch Mage...I apologize, but I felt my presence at the Induction Ceremony would have been...inappropriate. The Spell Hawks don't exactly have a good reputation among the other students, thanks to certain individuals...Still, give the newest Aura Wake my regards...Hopefully, I will meet them on good terms one day.

Neir: That isn't the only reason I came here to talk to you, Styx...This new team is indeed strong, but I will not underestimate Dread Wake, not after so long of having them defeat us so soundly...If the Mage's Games this year go to a tiebreaker, I want you to be the one to champion Aura Wake, since the Spell Hawks are one of Aura Wake's branch teams. Please, Styx...I have a good feeling about this year.

Styx: *the being seems hesitant at first, pondering the decision calmly but seriously* ....How long will you give me to think it over?

Neir: The Mage's Games are not for another four months. You have until then to decide.

Styx: ...I will observe the new team in how they handle their work as protectors of magical peace. If they show promise, I will lend them my aid...if not, then you will have to rely on either Morpheus, Theresa, or Rex...I apologize for the blatancy in my words, Arch Mage, but I must also weigh on Salem's reaction to you ordering one of his men to fight for another team...He will not appreciate it, and will view it as you challenging his ability to lead. *his eyes narrow* His foolish pride is so easily wounded...

Neir: If Salem has any complaints, he may take it up with me himself. The point is...what will you, Styx Midas, do?

Styx: ....*he falls silent, but for some reason, he seemed to glow warmer than before, the blue taking a slightly calmer hue* I will give you my answer in time for the games, Arch Mage. Just know, that I will watch this with great interest.

Neir: *the Arch Mage's eyes smile and he nods, stepping back and bowing before turning back into a tree, withering, and shriveling away, back into the ground*

~The College of Avalon, Arch Mage's office doors~

Mercer: *as the group continues down one of the corridors towards the Arch Mage's Office, Mercer notices a desk up ahead in front of two large, glass doors depicting murals of ancient, arcane rituals being performed. Sitting at the desk was Theresa, her hands placed daintily on the desk as she shuffles through three different piles of paperwork that are neatly stacked on the desk.* That must be the head honcho's office...I can't think of any other reason a Mage would need a secretary...

Noah: If she works at the College, she must be an accomplished mage, especially if the Arch Mage trusts her with his personal effects.

Theresa: *as the group approaches the desk, Theresa rises out from her seat and warmly smiles to the group before bowing* Well met, Katarina, Mercer, Samazurae, Michael, Noah, and Kiria. The Arch Mage has been expecting you all. Really, thank you all for coming.

Mercer: *he looks around the small office here at the end of the hall, whistling as he gazes at the door and the various paintings* So, you're the Arch Mage's secretary? Is that a good gig to have, or is it pretty much a standard job? I'm just curious...

Theresa: *she calmly replies to Mercer, her tone cold with a hint of warning to it* I am the assistant to Arch Mage Neir and Dean Savanos Narn. My job is to aid them in magical research and the teaching of students where it need apply. I am NOT a secretary.

Mercer: *glances at the desk* If it looks like a duck....*looks at the phone on the desk* Quacks like a duck....*looks at the hologram computer screen floating, clearly displaying a spread sheet titled "Arch Mage's schedule for the week of XX/XX-XX/XX"* Tastes like a duck....*looks finally at the nametag on the desk. It was a small, black box with the white word "Theresa" etched into it. Covering the nametag, oddly, were numerous stickers, some of butterflies, one was a white unicorn, there was even one or two rainbows and a smiley face next to the name.* Then ladies and germs, we got ourselves a duck.

Noah: *he quickly intervenes, seeing what appears to be rage slowly building in Theresa's expression* I think what my friend is trying to say is that he was just curious about what you did here at the College, Miss...? I'm sorry, we never caught your name?

Theresa: *her mood seems to warm from Noah's interference, the tone of her face and eyes now shifting to calmer and more friendly tones* Ah, yes. How rude of me. My name is Theresa Draconan, and I have been studying at the College most of my life now. *she looks among the group and finally notices Kiria's full appearance. Her eyes seem to flicker as she then turns her head and nods politely to Kiria, speaking in fluent Sylvan* Long way from home, aren't you little Catian? *she then winks and steps back, the doors to the Arch Mage's office groaning as they both swing open slowly, the hall seeming to rumble as they do* The Arch Mage will see you now. One note...be completely honest. The Arch Mage...has a small thing about liars. He can tell almost immediately, and they aggravate him like nothing else.

Noah: Good to know. It was a pleasure meeting you, Miss Draconan! *he smiles and inclines his head politely as the group enters the study*

Mercer: Yeeeeaaaah....sorry about the "Secretary" thing. *he smirks and throws Theresa a "peace" sign before walking off with the others*

Neir: *the inside of the Arch Mage's office was a vast library, spiraling like a tower upwards for what seemed to be miles. How the College fit such a structure inside without it being noticed outside was amazing, and the results of Arch Mage Neir's skill at magic, because only a powerful temporal warp spell could enable such a thing. Shooting up the library was a vast tree, and what seemed to be a sun making up the very ceiling itself. The tree itself gave a very ancient feel, as if it had been standing since time immemorial. The Arch Mage himself was sitting on the small hill in the center of the room on which the tree grew, his back leaning against the tree as he lazily read from what seemed to be an ancient tome, covered in runes that neither Mercer nor Noah could interpret. Upon noticing the group, the Arch Mage, looked up and seemed to smile pleasantly, hopping to his feet and shutting the tome with one hand, all in one fluid motion. After tucking the tome snugly under his arm, he strode briskly and happily over to the meet the group* Ah, there they are! Just the six bright, young Mages that I was waiting for! Welcome, welcome! And good show, all of you! Your exams were magnificent! I watched them all myself! The way the Mystic Stream seemed to harmonize with your spells....it was like watching each of you conduct your own symphony!
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 8/21/2016, 7:46 am

Kiria: *she looks around the room in awe as the group is introduced to the 'secretary' (whatever that was Kiria wasn't so sure) Theresa. Upon hearing her last name and hearing the fluent Sylvan however, a chill runs up the fox-like girl's spine. The Draconan's were a tribe from Talarus that were the sworn enemies of the Catien tribe. What in the world was a Draconan doing here at the school? She simply gives Theresa a nod back, not truly wishing to speak for fear of her tongue slipping in front of her. Upon following the group into the Arch Mage's study however, Kiria less interested in the books as much as the tree that the Arch Mage was leaning up against in the back of the room. An excited expression lights up on her face as she spots how large it was, her tail starting to wag furiously in anticipation* A tree a tree! *she speaks excitedly in Sylvan as she bounds past Arch Mage Neir and quickly climbs up to the branch that was hanging the lowest to the ground. She lets out a sigh of relaxation as she stretches out there, happy to finally be in a place that she was comfortable. She smiles at Arch Mage Neir, her tail drooping off of the branch lazily as she speaks again* My apologies Mister Arch Mage. I hadn't meant to ignore you. I just saw this tree and couldn't help myself! *she giggles happily as she deftly swings her legs around on the branch so that she's hanging from the tree as she gives him a quizzical look* I am happy that you enjoyed my performance! If I might ask though, what's a 'Mystic Stream'? I'm afraid I don't really understand....
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 9/5/2016, 10:54 pm

Katarina stands up straight as the group is addressed by the Arch Mage. Her heart raced a bit, as she could feel the power exuding off of this man. The nighthalzen steeled herself and bit her lip, taking a bow, and probably going to regret what she was about to say. Out of sheer nerves, tiny stars began forming about the room. It didn't really seem like Karatina knew this was happening.

"I appreciate the praise, sir," She started formally, keeping her wings arched slightly and her head down. "But I must apologize. I did not but 'my all' as you had said to into my performance." she brushed a strand of her white hair behind her ear and slowly stood up straight. "I-it was simply out of worry, that i did not do so... O-oh!"

Her heart raced a bit more as she nervously poked one of the stars floating about the room. All she could think, was that she seriously botched this first impression.

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul on 9/11/2016, 8:21 am

Neir: *his chuckles as he watches Kiria scamper up the vast tree* Mind yourself, young one! That is the last sapling of a dead world's World Tree that I found on an expedition outside Mosaic. It has a great amount of magical power. *he then looks to Katarina, his eyes surprisingly soft* You held back out of concern for what your power was capable of? While that does defy Savanos's rules for the exams, it also demonstrates something else...a large degree of control over one's ability to use magic at will. You exercised restraint, a quality many Mages lack, and THAT my dear, is a mark of a great mage. *he then addresses the entire room, walking towards a bare section of earth. From the grass, a plant suddenly sprouts out and begins growing, the branches bending and twisting until a desk made of vine and branch forms. The Arch Mage walks behind it and places his hands on it, leaning as he speaks* In fact, you all bear the qualities of great Mages. And that is why you were not sorted with the other exam participants....you see, you six were already sorted the minute you passed your exams. Congratulations to all of you....Michael Creed, Katarina, Noah Ash-Claw, Kiria Rorenheim, Samazurae, and Mercer Law. The six of you are officially the newest class of Aura Wake!

Noah: *a look of pure astonishment washes over the boy's face at the Arch Mage's words* We're...We're what?!

Mercer: No way...Aura Wake is supposed to be for Mages so strong, they keep the peace for the Mosaic Grand Magic Counsel...We're that strong?

Neir: *he nods* Indeed, young Law. Each of you demonstrates skills that not only can still be honed, but can be used to benefit the entire galaxy in this Mystic Revolution. Together, I believe the six of you have what it takes to help shape the very course of this Revolution. So then, what say you all? Will you help to safeguard this great age, and in exchange have access to research, knowledge, studies, and secrets most Mages would only dream of having? *he holds his hands out to them* The choice is yours.

Noah: *he had already made up his mind the minute the Arch Mage broke the news. He smiles bright and nods* I'm all for it!

Mercer: *he nods and adjusts his hat casually* I'm being given the opportunity to look like a badass, learn more about Magic, and see even more of the Mosaic Galaxy, possibly even beyond it. I honestly see no downside. Count me in!
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 9/11/2016, 8:24 pm

Michael could feel a great weight ease off of his shoulders as Neir spoke, his anxieties now calmed. He'd gotten the impression that several others had come to similar conclusions about possibly failing as he had, judging by Katarina's admission of not putting her all into her test. He glanced in her direction, momentarily fascinated with the thought of how skilled she truly might be. It'd certainly be an honor for him to be a teammate with her. But other things had to be discussed first.

"This knowledge that you speak of would be of great value, but..." The Paulian shifts his weight to his right leg, admittedly nervous about speaking to people in positions of authority. Lorekeeping and magical research were among Michael's favorite activities, for both personal reasons and as an academic pursuit. Admittedly, the vast library that Neir was stationed in was of great interest to Michael, but he needed to contain himself. His research of magic was all guided towards one thing specifically, and this previously unknown title of Aura Wake could catapult him towards obtaining the secrets he sought after. The term of Aura Wake was unfamiliar to him, although to be fair, the same could be said of most traditions and terms outside of his home planet of Pauli. "Sir, I'm not sure of what this... Aura Wake is. How exactly was it determined that we were sorted into this group? What differentiates us from anyone else?"

Michael couldn't exactly draw too many conclusions here, from what he already knew about the Entrance Exam. It was apparent that the other five students were of different magical disciplines, In terms of overall spellcasting ability -- excluding other magical skills -- Michael was probably the weakest one of the group, so Aura Wake was also most likely not based on how overwhelming one's spells were. There had to be something else at play here.

Last edited by Phirania on 9/18/2016, 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor grammatical fix)

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul on 9/17/2016, 9:51 am

Neir: *the Arch Mage's eyes sparkle slightly, his right cheek bone rising as if he was smirking* That, my dear young Pauli, is precisely the question I was hoping you would ask. Yes, "How are you six any different from any other Mages?", that is indeed the rub....and the answer, my friends, is a plain as the nose on our young Noah here's face. Tell me, are any of you familiar with the Mystic Stream?

Mercer: *he raises an eyebrow, shifting as he looked around at the others before speaking* Yeah, ain't that the flow of magical energy that runs throughout all of Mosaic and the known Universe?

Neir: You're partially correct, Mercer. Yes, it is indeed the flow of magical energy that exists all around us, but it is also tied in with the very threads of fate themselves. You see, there are those who are born with powerful connections to the Mystic Stream, and with it what we mages call "The Ties of Fate". Those beings are called Wake Souls, for their continued existences leave changes in the course of history in their wake. Generally, Wake Souls are classified by powerful inclinations towards the magic arts, however, there are some who go their entire lives without even casting a spell. The six of you, Theresa outside, myself....we are all Wake Souls, and those are all that can join Aura Wake. You see, at each of the three Magic Schools, a Wake Soul dorm exists to not only educate Wake Souls and enrich their growth, but also to use their power over Fate for the betterment of all Mosaic. *he stands up straight and walks around the desk, sitting himself on it casually as he continued to speak* These teams consist of Dread Wake from Blackwald University on Rapture, Hope Wake from the Radiance School on Radiance, and of course our own Aura Wake. Their duties, as I stated before, involve not only their studies, but the defense of Mosaic from threats of Mystic origin. Should you join, your services may be called on to battle rogue Mages who may be attempting to hurt or kill various innocent people, many of which you all probably will not know personally. However....should you so choose to take up Aura Wake as your new team and family, know that you will be counted among the most respected Mages that the Mosaic cloud has ever known, and that your names will go down in history, for all time. What the history books say, however...is entirely up to all of you...

Noah: *he and Mercer both look to the others in the group.* ...What do you guys think?

Mercer: Well, I know I'm still joining up...I ain't got nothing better to do, and there is no way in Helheim that I'm heading back to Law's Chokehold...
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 10/1/2016, 10:31 pm

Katarina breathed a sigh of relief as she heard the final verdict of the Arch Mage. Her power was not only recognized, but it landed her in the elite house of the college? Aurellios was right; there was something planned for her.

And it was exciting.

"I accept, with great honor, Arch Mage. Thank you for this opportunity. I will not let you down." The nighthalzen bows, almost in tears. Everything she worked for, and everything she's been through, would it finally come together here and now? As she stood up straight, she viewed her new teammates. To also end up here, meant she had good allies in great hands. She caught herself smiling, and quickly changed her expression to a more determined look.

Then she could feel it. Uwriel and Wrathias's smug grins, and prideful pats on the back. Elucia's roll of the eyes, but an eventual 'Nice work, Nighthalzen.' The only friends she had really had, and to her, their life forces existed past the boundaries of space. Katarina assumed it was her connection to the Star God that was able to do this, so she never questioned it.

"This is a new chapter in a very old life..." She finally turns to her new allies, speaking quite formally. "I look forward to working with each of you."

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 10/6/2016, 4:45 am

"...I see." With that, Michael turned away from the group and let his legs carry him a few feet away before pausing to look to the ground beneath him. His downcast gaze was a window to the inquiries he had concerning what the Arch Mage had just told them. To some extent, he was among a small group of unique mages who may go down in history as legends... Yet still, he felt some lingering doubts about his own magical ability. But his doubts didn't reflect that fact that Neir had seen something of note within the Paulian. There had to be some grain of truth to his being a Wake Soul, then.

He then looked over at the Arch Mage, then the other students, and finally let his gaze sweep over the library of books. Arms crossed over his chest, he rejoined the group, now resolved in what he would say next. He did still have his own doubts about his ability being proficient enough to stand there alongside the others, but that hurdle would only mean he'd have to work twice as hard to keep pace. The prospect was enticing. As Katarina accepted enrollment into the class of Aura Wake, Michael kept his eyes trained on her for a moment. She was the first one to overcome the Entrance Exam. And she also seemed to have reserves of magic greater than anyone he'd met before. Katarina would be the goal Michael would strive to overcome. He may have been second to take the Exam, but he had no intention of doing anything less than his best. The Paulian lowered his tri-pointed hat, bowing towards Neir in a fluid motion. As he stood once more, he placed his hat upon his head once more. "...And I too shall undertake this opening you have provided."

With his decision made, he nodded to the others, waiting to see who next would make the choice to join.

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top