We have 39 registered users
The newest registered user is Enzo DelMontico

Our users have posted a total of 14914 messages in 241 subjects
Gallery

RP Overload or Lack of...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RP Overload or Lack of...?

Post by RKRobot on 6/6/2015, 6:31 am

So, yeah, I'm not going to beat around the bush about this; this site goes back and forth between lots of activity and absolutely none.  I'm not complaining either way, and I'm not really going to agree or disagree on what should be done about it - I've already posted a thread about inspiration, so if you wanna look at that, here it is.  I'm just stating the facts.

What I honestly want to know is what you, the NewGeners, think about this.
Why do you think the site fluxes in activity so much?

Please answer in a comment or click on an option in the poll posted above (or both).  This is a simple study I want to conduct and analyze later so we (the Mod Family) can make adjustments to future RP/game plans.  As was said in an earlier thread, don't try to compare us to other sites, but just answer the question I posed in bold.  It would really help us help you.  ^_^

Thank you for your time~
H.A. RKRobot

Last edited by RKRobot on 6/6/2015, 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I voted.)

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RP Overload or Lack of...?

Post by Luna on 6/6/2015, 6:36 am

Honestly, I think it's because everyones busy at once, and we all happen to log in at the same time. When I log in on my phone, I normally see Dyl and Riverclaw browsing around, or replying to stuff. 

So perhaps it's just a coincidence?

Or maybe it's a greater force at work...

*cough* VEIN *cough*

“siht i furgot that wheres that bitch Sirloin when you need her”
Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile http://Pointsettia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 6/6/2015, 6:46 am

Would you say that's the only thing contributing to the lack of activity or would you suppose there are other factors?
Most of us go to school/have jobs and other time consuming hobbies (LARPing and DnD for some, etc.) so I agree with you there.

Personally, I feel overwhelmed with some of these, and the blockage hits hard on occasion, but other times I want more up here, for variety's sake.  I'm very much torn about it.  But this is strictly my opinion.

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/6/2015, 6:59 am

ah... honestly I agree with you on all these points, so it reall could be anything. :/

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverclaw on 6/6/2015, 7:10 am

*raises my hand about being mentioned* I have absolutely no life at all XD I am here for another two months or so, stalking the heck out of RP sites in hopes of RPing mostly. Though I am shy and tend to not join RPs without being invited to them ^^; I would be a lot more active in posting if I got over it but for now, not too active cause of my shyness in that. Though I find usually everyone else has something they have to do, so that probably adds to less activity at times.
Riverclaw
April's Fool
April's Fool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/10/2015, 7:59 am

Well, since I was also mentioned, I guess I'll speak up too.

I just stalk the site really... I mean, there was a RP that I was trying to make an app for, but Driver's ed was keeping me at school for an extra 3 hours on Monday to Thursday, making me not have any time to make the app, due to homework afterwards. On Friday afternoons and Saturday, I was so tired out from school+driver's ed+homework that I just wanted to Veg out and play my computer/consoles, and on Sunday, I was doing my HW for the weekend. (A bit on Saturday night at times, IIRC). In addition, it was supposed to be closed a day or two after April 12, if what I was told by first River and then Shadowfantasy is to be correct (which he says came from Luna). When I was done with Driver's ed, (A few weeks after April 12, btw) I lost motivation. Because after all... It was supposed to be closed right? That means that working on the app would just be a waste of my time, because since it was closed, it wouldn't get to start.

The motivation MIGHT come back but... IDK.

TL;DR: School matters and driver's ed made me so tired that I just wanted to veg out, leaving no time for the app until after it was supposedly too late, making me loose motivation for making my app.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/10/2015, 8:55 am

The site isnt closed.

A certain forum-goer bitched about it nonstop, so we opened it back up. not like it really made a difference, seeing that we havent had someone new on here since You guys.

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/10/2015, 9:02 am

Luna wrote:The site isnt closed.

A certain forum-goer bitched about it nonstop, so we opened it back up. not like it really made a difference, seeing that we havent had someone new on here since You guys.

I wasn't talking about the site. I was talking about the RP that I mentioned. I guess I should have more specific about that.
My apologies for making it seem like I was talking about the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/10/2015, 9:10 am

o-o its alright. what rp was closed?

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/10/2015, 9:40 am

I said supposed to be closed because it is ongoing right now.
It would be Chronicles Of Croaria.

The convo that I had with ShadowFantasy at the time (images will be attached, just in case) did make it seem like (to me) that you said that if CoC didn't start soon, it would be closed again.

the image (and the second part of the last message):

-------------

---------

Last edited by Dyl on 6/12/2015, 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the part that river said to me.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/10/2015, 10:18 am

don't you just LOVE when people put words in your mouth?

RKRobot and I have decided that RPs will have an afk limit of 2 months. meaning an RP can go 2 months without a reply before it gets moved to the discontinued section.

I said NOTHING about wanting him to get that RP going. I didn't even send out a notice or anything because it wasnt even close to the 2 month mark. (if it would have been close, I would have said something.)

So for one, If you want to join his RP, go right ahead. As long as it's active, there arent gonna be any problems. And there are still serveral RPs that havent reached the 2 month marker that are still joinable.

And SF, stop using me as a scapegoat. If you think that saying "Luna said this" when I KNOW I DIDN'T say anything, is alright, this will easily become a problem.

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/10/2015, 12:31 pm

I think someone had a misunderstanding.... o-o

I want to clarify a couple of different things. First off, I'm not using you as a scapegoat Luna. This conversation was months ago and things have changed drastically. I admit I was rushing Dyl a little bit but after I found out that he was having trouble making a character I wanted to help but we never spoke about it really. I also thought that the afk period was shorter than the 2 months that you've given at this present time. Please stop assuming I used you as a scapegoat when there was a massive misunderstanding and operation under a lack of information that I never asked for when I should have.

The RP is going now. If you want to make an app, do it. If not then that's fine. As Luna said there are plenty of RP's to try out and some of us have jobs and other such things that keep us away from the site sometimes. Even I can't jam out replies like I used to.

Also, I would appreciate it if you'd talk to me personally (I mean both of you....) if you have an issue with me or one of my RP's. I hate having a public chat discussion where I seemingly get slandered for a misunderstood reason. >.>

ShadowFantasy
Elite Uber Fan
Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 6/14/2015, 5:10 am

I leave for a few days due to this terrible lack of inspiration and total blockage... and then this happens.

Let's all take a moment now to understand that communication is crucial for anything to work.  We shouldn't point fingers at anyone for this.  Also, pressure does not make people want to do things.  It often holds the reverse effect.  Stay calm and be reasonable.

River, Dyl, I appreciate the both of you for coming on and sharing your situations, but don't worry about being busy or having to explain your absences anymore.  Really quickly though, let me just explain why the deadline even exists:
we have a deadline because a lot of the RPs that we tend to start up are quickly ended because there's no more interest in continuing the current storyline.  I extended the deadline by a whole month.  This interest is diminished from a variety of things, including focus on school, work, video games, art, writing, and other hobbies we all take part in.  I created the thread initially to pinpoint exactly which reason we were declining in activity, so I and the other Mods could create RPs and stories that cater to the idea that we all have busy schedules.  Looks like I found the reasons I was looking for, but I'm still not sure how to incorporate it into a potential thing.

In short, deadlines help us clean up the forum to make way for new ideas and stuff.  While a lot of the creators of various RPs tend to like their creations (myself included) and want to see them thrive among a community of other interesting people, not everyone will like the same things we do and things fail.  If you don't think anyone will join your new idea, don't freak out; maybe get a head count before starting the thing.  Therefore, instead of resurrecting RPs again and again, I think I'm going to insert a new rule that if the RP dies a third time, then it will stay dead and the creator can just turn it into a story (co-authored or not, its up to you) if they really like it that much.  The end.  That's it.

Furthermore, I believe it is in everyone's best interest to try and join the Mandatory RP.  If you are desperately struggling to find the time or having difficultly making a character, PM Luna.  Communicate.  Make sure there's no misunderstandings; lemme say that I'm not trying to talk down to anyone.  I know we're mostly adults here, but I'm just trying to make myself clear.

That's all.

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zazul on 6/14/2015, 11:34 am

I'm not really much of a poster when it comes to these subjects, mostly because I hate arguing, but I gotta agree with Rocky on this. Seems like she's got a good handle on the situation.......that is all.

~Love, Zazzy.
Zazul
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top