The newest registered user is Enzo DelMontico

Our users have posted a total of 15236 messages in 265 subjects
Gallery

(Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (Reboot) Pokemon: Beyond the Tall Grass

Post by Luna on 6/23/2014, 11:28 pm

Green looked at his watch once more, then glanced at the door. He could see another trainer hurrying towards them with a Chespin on his shoulder.

"That's three..." he spoke. "I'm pretty sure that there was a fourth person..." 

The professor looked past the runner to see if there was anyone else coming toward the pokemon center. No one. He sighed and turned to the briefcase. Once Cerise was here he would begin his explanation. He couldn't afford to wait any longer.

In front of the other two, he opened the briefcase, pulling out sets of Pokedex and gear, and everything else he planned on giving them.

"I am." He said turning to Catia. "If you wish to partake in what I have for you, then I suggest showing a bit more respect." he looked quite serious. As if on cue, a Scyther let itself out of one of the pokeballs on his waist.

"Scyyyyther!" it scraped its blades together and took a fighting stance.

Green couldn't help but smile. His pokemon liked to show off sometimes. Now just adding to the list.

“siht i furgot that wheres that bitch Sirloin when you need her”
Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Genepoints : 2

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile http://Pointsettia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/24/2014, 12:46 am

Catia smirked at the Scyther showing the scythes on its arms off, reaching back to feel for the leather gloves in her bag.  She never left home without them regardless of the situation.  They were just something that she didn't like not having if a fight broke out, something that she was already quite used to being around.

"He's not intimidating to me at all.  I think he's kind of cute actually~  I like Pokemon that are rough and tough!"

Catia told him, grinning at the Scyther.  She really did like that pokemon very much.  She had always hoped that she could find one herself and play with it.  The Poochyena growled at the Scyther and barked, prompting Catia to laugh and reach up to pat its head.

"Down Poochy.  No need to make a fight break out when it's not wanted or needed."

She told it, the Poochyena on top of her cat-eared cap calming down but still watching the Scyther with a glare.  It didn't seem to like it when someone or something threatened Catia, something that had happened a couple of times on the way to the ferry from the port.  It wasn't like she wasn't used to idle threats.  In fact, she liked to have a little street brawl every now and again.  It was something that she had always enjoyed and something that her mother always kept reminding her wasn't very ladylike.  She just shrugged it off everytime she scolded her about it, figuring that her love for fighting with her fists and feet would always follow her until the day she died.  She looks back as she notices the rather out of breath person with the Chespin on his shoulder coming in through the sliding glass doors of the Pokemon Center and her face goes back to being expressionless once again.  She rolls her eyes before turning back to the professor.

"So what'd you need me for anyway?  Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted to leave Lavaridge Town and explore the outside world for the longest time, but to pull me all the way from Hoenn to get me here.  All I've gotta say is this had better have been worth the trip."

She reminds the professor, taking Poochy off of her head and taking a seat at one of the table's before putting the still tense pokemon into her lap and stroking him from ears to tail, prompting him to relax a little bit and curl up.  The pokemon really seemed to like Catia when she was petting him and giving him so much attention and it always seemed to calm him down when he was in one of his moods.  She never bothered to argue with the pokemon when it had made up its mind about something though, seeing that it was pointless given its nature.
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Genepoints : 0

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 6/24/2014, 2:12 am

Decoda adjusted his backwards cap and stood up next to the Scyther, not afraid but still in awe of it.  Even though he'd seen them before, he's always wanted one or its evolved form, Scizor.  There was something enchanting about the way one of them battled that inspired him, like it was dancing with its twin blades.

"You got a nice bit of Pokemon, sir.  An Eevee and a Scyther, they must make a great team!"

The mud fish Pokemon at his feet tilted its head, and yipped once at the showoffy Pokemon, non-aggressively, but showing it was equally unafraid.  All of these gifted Pokemon seemed tougher than normal, at least, so it seemed.  Decoda turned around to Catia as he waited for Cerise to pop through the doors.

"Cute little nipper you got there!  I don't think I've seen one of them before.  Th' names Decoda!  I'm a traveling musician.  You?"

He held out one gloved hand while the other was put into his pants' pocket.  He wanted to start things off well in case this became some sort of competition.

Hero Admin

Genepoints : 1

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile http://rockyrobot.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/24/2014, 2:55 am

Green wasn't sure if extending the invitation to Catia was a good Idea. To him, she came off as a bit rude and loud. He scowled and returned Scyther.

"He wasn't trying to intimidate you. He like to show off, seeing as he's quite Proud. But at least you know when you shouldn't pick a fight."

He looked out the door, watching Cerise coming closer. 

"I'll explain once he gets in here. As for my pokemon, I have several others. You'll see them in due time."

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 6/24/2014, 4:02 am

Panting, Cerise opens the door, the sudden change in lighting blinding him momentarily. Lifting a hand over his crimson eyes so he could see, he could make out several shapes in the building. As he adjusted his eyes, his Chespin on his shoulder tilted his head in the Professor's direction.

"Thanks buddy!" He grinned as he grabbed his glasses so he could see better. He slowly walked over, and asked for confirmation of the professor's identity. "Are you... Professor Oak?"

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile http://bisharpcreed.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/24/2014, 5:08 am

"Yes I am. Now that you're here, we may begin." he says as he hands each of them a set. "What I'm giving you cannot be replaced. This," he holds up the remaining pokedex. "Is the newest version of the pokedex. From Kanto to Kalos, just aim at a pokemon and it will scan them, logging them into the system. Now before you ask, yes the pokedex has been completed before." He holds up his own. "The reason that we still hand them to trainers is so they learn about Pokemon on their own adventures instead of just reading about them from myself, or someone else." He holds up the pokegear. "This here is the latest pokegear, designed by my friend, Crystal. It comes with a few apps such as a a mini map, a phone system, coin flip, and the Radio card is pre-installed for you. There are other apps, but you'll just have to explore them yourself." He hold up the small mirror like device then slides a finger across the front. A holographic geographical map appears. "This is the region map. It will display a map of the region that the user is currently in. I only have one of these, so you'll have to share it."

He turns around then passes out the pokeballs and potions (2 each, heals 20hp;10 when used on trainers). He looks the newest trainers donned in their gear and smiles slightly. He had faith in them, and if they had any trouble, his friends were out wandering the regions. Surely they would all run into each other.

"One more thing." He stated, as he finished passing out the essentials. "The 'teams' of each region are rebuilding themselves, and it isn't looking too good. The other professors and I have the labs to run, the Elite Four of each region are always focusing on the incoming challengers, but are still trying to keep an eye on their areas. Lending a hand here and there wouldn't hurt. No need to worry about Team Rocket here, but it seems that other regions are trying to take over Kanto. The other professors and I will monitor your progress. My number is already in your pokegears."

Green placed the remaining gear back in the briefcase.

"And before you go, remember this; You can die on your adventure. So can your pokemon. Be careful out there. There are dangerous people and pokemon. Any questions?"

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/24/2014, 7:45 am

Catia only looks at Decoda in the eyes and stares at him.

"Catia, Catia Linefelt.  I'm from Lavaridge town in the Hoenn region.  These adorable little 'scrappers' are common there and I like them.  I think they're cute~"

She explains to Decoda, scratching her Poochyena behind the ears and prompting him to growl and rub up against her cutely.  When the Professor started explaining what was going on she listened quietly and patiently before getting up and putting her new pokedex in her bag and strapping the pokegear to her wrist.  After he had finished explaining she simply shook her head to answer him before turning to the other two that were there.  She held the Poochyena in her arms and close to her chest as she spoke to them.

"So I guess we'll be being adventuring partners for a little while.  So, while I really don't like talking to others it would likely be nice to get to know each other a little better to start off.  Let me go first."

She clears her throat before setting her Poochyena on the top of her cat eared cap and putting a hand on her hips like she usually did when she had to stand still for any length of time.

"My name's Catia Urenheim Linefelt and I'm from Lavaridge town in the Hoenn region.  We all live next to a big dormant volcano so fire type pokemon weren't exactly rare.  I like to get into fights and have a short temper so I always carry around a pair of leather gloves when I need to hit something.  My mom always tells me that it's not very ladylike to fight like I do but I just ignore her given that brawling in the streets is something that I grew up doing.  This cute little guy resting on my head here is Poochy, a puppy like pokemon that's native to my region and quite common there."

She explains to them before turning to Decoda.

"That's all you need to know about me for now.  Why don't you go next since you're so eager to make friends."

She suggests crudely, not really caring much about other's feelings but was definitely trying her best not to just get them to break out into a fight or battle with her.  Much as she liked fighting, she figured it was best to just save it for the road rather than do anything stupid now.
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 6/25/2014, 6:53 am

"Wow... thanks, Professor!" Cerise accepts the gifts gratefully, strapping the pokeballs to his belt and placing the potions in his bag. A new adventure was about to unfurl, and he now felt ready to tackle it head-on!

"I, ah... don't think I have any questions... but we can just call on the Pokegear if anything comes up..." As he speaks, his Chespin crawls from his shoulder to lying down on top of his head, its tail wagging in anticipation and excitement. Cerise glances back as Catia begins to speak. Not even five seconds after she had begun to talk, and Cerise already felt uncomfortable around her. She seemed very... pushy. Were all people from Hoenn so boorish?

As Catia continued to talk, Cerise's eyes landed on Decoda's guitar. Was the other male a musician? That'd be interesting... His Chespin begin to kick its feet in boredom, so Cerise reached up to grab the grass-type Pokemon, and set him onto the ground. He ushered Chespin to meet the other present Pokemon as the trainer waited to introduce himself.

The Chespin places his hands behind his back nonchalantly as he slowly swaggered towards the Mudkip, Eevee and Poochyena. Cerise faintly smiled as he watched Chespin try to act cool in front of the other three.

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/25/2014, 12:11 pm

Green sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He didn't like this girl's tone, and he certainly didn't like her attitude. 

"I recommend you stay together on your journey. I don't need you all getting killed. Just try not to kill each other..."

He walked them all outside while they all talked, and sent out his Arcanine. Climbing onto it's back, he waved good bye.

"If any of you have questions or concerns, give me a call. I'll see if I can help. And according to your map, Saffron is the closest city, unless you wanna be walking for a while!"

With that, Green rode off.

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 6/29/2014, 6:39 am

Decoda gratefully accepted his utilities and attached them to his belt, not worrying too much about the threat of danger that the Professor forewarned.  He readjusted his guitar onto his back and glanced down at his Mudkip before nodding along to his words.

"Don't worry about us, sir.  We'll have everything under control!"

He turned back to Catia, a little weary of her introduction.  He didn't want to express this though, so he just plastered a smile on his face and moved on to his own introduction.

"So, great!  I hope we become friends, then!"

"Mud!"

"Right, right!  I'm Decoda, and as you might be able to tell," he smiled at Cerise who had noticed the guitar on his back. "I am a traveling musician, but I specialize in electric guitar.  I've battled a ton of trainers before, but I'm not really that good, so that's when I began to scour around a few parts of Jhoto and Hoenn.  Once I got my Mudkip, I came back home right away and answered the call of the Professor before I had a chance to show Gym Leader Brock, my old mentor, my new skills.  Not really an exciting story, but it's the only thing I got!  Hahaha!"

He laughed loudly, trying to relax within this little group.  When they were taken outside and the researcher rode off majestically, he immediately gestured towards Cerise and his Chespin.

"Well, we still got one more pair to get to know!  What's your story, pal?" he inquired as he attempted being chummy.  This one seemed quiet, but he was okay with that.

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 6/29/2014, 7:05 am

"R-right!" He stammered, realizing he hadn't introduced himself. He clears his throat and straightens his posture a bit. "My name is Cerise! I'm from Lacunosa Town in the Unova region, and I've been with my partner Chespin since I was a little kid, so we're pretty good friends. He's a gift from my grandparents who run a Day-Care center in the Kalos region, but uh... I'm not too great as a trainer. I don't have too much experience with battling..."

At this point, he looks down, a bit embarrassed. These other two seemed to have a much better idea of what they were doing here, after all! He twirled his thumbs for a moment before continuing. "But even so... I've always wanted to go on an adventure... And now that I have a chance, I'm going to take it. I really hope we can become good friends!"

As he finishes, he bows to the others before smiling. "So, uh... either of you two going to take on the Gym Leader challenge here?"

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/29/2014, 7:27 am

Catia shakes her head before letting a fidgeting Poochy down from her arms to sniff at Decoda's Mudkip. She turns to Cerise, not a single readable expression on her face. "To do the gym leader challenge right now would be a bit hasty. We should find some easier prey first before trying to hunt the bigger game if you know what I mean." She tells them.
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 6/29/2014, 9:08 am

Mudkip stretched out, but picked itself upright for Poochy to inspect it.  It's radar-like fins quivered a little bit before the two touched noses, but then it backed off.  It didn't want to start any trouble!  Decoda grinned after hearing about the calm tale of Cerise and Chespin.  He gave a peace sign (pointing up his first and middle finger) after the day-care kid bowed.

"Hey, it's cool!  If we all work really hard, we can be a great team!"

He then responded to the next point, beating the gym leader of the city.  This one he wasn't worried about at all, especially after he knew how gyms worked!  ...At least, how the Kanto ones worked...

"Yeah, we can definitely battle the Gyms!  But I gotta say, Catia's right with that - we need to work on our battling skills first.  Brock always told me that trainers learn more by watching other trainers, so since there's three of us, we should be able to help provide tips for one another.  Let's head out of the city and find some other wild Pokemon to test out.  I only think Mudkip and I battled, what, twice before?"

"Kip!"

The little blue creature agreed to that guestimate.

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/29/2014, 9:20 am

Catia grinned at the thought of fighting as Poochy then went over to Cerise's Chespin and sniffed him too. "Yeah! Let's go on through to Saffron! I hear the tall grass there is teeming with a fox Pokemon that I saw Flannery with once! It was so cute!" She says, a blush coming over her nose as she realizes what she just said
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 6/29/2014, 9:51 am

"As long as I can get some experience, I'm all in! I don't know Kanto too well, though..." Snapping his fingers in sudden thought, he turns on the pokegear and opens up the mini-map of Celadon. Upon doing so, he looks towards what route would have to be taken to reach Saffron... Route 7. So that's where they were headed first? It was to the west of here...

"Alright... so that's it... Let's find something good there, then!" He says with a grin.

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/29/2014, 10:49 am

Catia groans before walking over to Cerise and turning his map upside down.  "That's back towards cycling road Cerise!  Saffron is to the east not the west!"  She tells him.

(OOC: Fuschia Cuty is past cycling to the west of Celadon city and Saffron is to the east of Celadon man.  ^^; )
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/29/2014, 11:36 am

(I did include a map,guys...)

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 6/29/2014, 11:44 am

[I'm aware of that, SF. Cerise, however, is not. That's why I put that in my previous post.]

"Oh..." He sighs dejectedly for a moment, both embarrassed and feeling like an idiot. So much of this journey was going to be a struggle if he was floundering about already! He tried to recompose himself before looking up again. "I'm, uh... still new at all of this..."

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/29/2014, 8:23 pm

(OOC: ooooh okay then! I thought you were just being a derp lol. And just call me Jake. *hint,hint* Wink )

Catia rolls her eyes as she watches Poochyena sniff at Cerise's Chespin and paw at it a little bit in curiosity. "In Lavaridge we have to learn a lot of things just to grow up there. Why don't I take the lead for a little while until someone else proves that they're more capable?" She suggests.
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 6/30/2014, 4:10 am

Decoda whipped out his Pokedex, snatched up one of the balls on his belt and twirled it on his finger before cutting up ahead.

"Nah, you don't worry about a thing! Let the local take over until you can get your map all straightened out!"

He winked at them as his Mudkip quickly darted ahead towards the route, 'kip'-ing away as the sound of its voice blueshifted. Decoda followed, hoping the others would as well.

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirania on 6/30/2014, 4:18 am

Cerise adjusts his shirt as he follows Decoda, his Chespin climbing from his shoulder to the top of his head. He jogs a bit to keep up with Decoda's stride. "So, Decoda... you said you were mentored by Gym Leader Brock, right? What was that like?"

Elite Uber Fan

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/30/2014, 4:36 am

Catia picks up her Poochyena and sets him gently on top of her head before jogging to catch up with the others, slinging her bag over her shoulder with her new items in it. She immediately starts looking around for tall grass when they reach the route, searching for any signs of that little fox Pokemon that she wanted oh so much.
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RKRobot on 6/30/2014, 5:03 am

He glanced back at Cerise quickly, smiling, the turned forward again to keep track of his pokemon.

"That's right. Well, I used to have a full team of rock and ground type Pokemon, so I know lots about them. But as for Brock himself, he's really cool as long as you can handle his jokes, but more importantly his battle tactics and intense training style!"

He chuckled, flipping open his bit of technology to scan for wild creatures.

"I had to lose a ton of weight and gain a bunch of muscle just to keep up with him when we all went out training with our Geodudes and Onixs. After I left, I kinda got lax with the excersizes, so pardon me if I slow down after this! You guys' ever been to a real gym? Got any badges to be proud of?"

Hero Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on 6/30/2014, 5:05 am

As Catia searched, A Mightyena prowled out of the underbrush to the left. It sniffed the air then turned towards the oblivious trainer. A Houndoom silently approached from the right. Up in a tree, a female sat quietly, a whip on her belt. She had a sinister grin on her face and she eyed the poochyena on the unsuspecting girl's head.

Luna
Princess Admin
Princess Admin

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowFantasy on 6/30/2014, 5:14 am

The Poochyena perks up its head as it hears something crawl out of the underbrush to the left and starts growling. Catia hears him growling and looks up at him, picking him up and off of his head to hold in her arms as it fidgets a little bit and keeps growling. "Why are you growling? Do you see anything Poochy?" She asks the Pokemon, prompting it to fidget more and bark at the Mightyena coming out of the underbrush to Catia's left. Catia narrows her eyes at it before going to investigate what was making him so darn fidgety. She follows the direction where Poochy was barking and spots some black fur in the tall grass. She grins as she quickly figures out what it is. "Hey guys! Look what I found over here! It's a Mightyena!" She shouts to the others before pulling out the pokedex in her pocket and pointing it at the Mightyena, keeping the still growling Poochyena in her other arm.
ShadowFantasy
April's Fool
April's Fool

Character sheet
Pokemon RP:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down